Weird bruise down the side of my leg?

AnonEagle

I do all my pins in my quads.

I have noticed a long ~12" bruise-looking thing running down one of my legs. Been there for a month or so.

It starts almost literally at the insertion of the femur into my hips or whatever. It runs down about 2/3 of the way to my knee, basically on the exact outside of my leg.

It doesn't hurt or anything and doesn't really concern me, just curious really. Could this be from severing a nerve or blood vessel or something? Only thing that is a minor concern is that when people see it, someone might know that it came from pinning, and being outed as on gear would be very bad. Not a big concern though, just curiosity really

Anyone experienced this? Or people with medical knowledge guesses?

You prob poked a few veins that were near each other causing a small amount of blood to leak into your subcutaneous tissue, a few different times, leaving a larger than normal bruise. It could also be that you have built up quite a bit of scar tissue from only pinning the one area. Try your glutes, ventro-glutes, delts, tricep heads, biceps, pecs, or your calves. Though, keep in mind that those last 4 hurt quite a bit more.

I would have it examined because your symptoms sound a lot like a minor hernia.

I doubt the bruise would be that big and last for so long if you had simply poked a vessel. I also don't think it would have this elongated shape.

I had the exact same thing a few years back, calf muscle. I did something pretty stupid and started a rupture of the calf muscle membrane.
I didn't notice it because minor hernias are painless.
It started like a small bruise and slowly but steadily the bruise got longer and longer, after a month or so it was almost reaching my ankle.
When it finally got that long I started to feel pain near my ankle and it went more and more painful over time. I finally realized that something was def wrong and saw a doc.

He explained me the process, the hernia started with a small tear near the knee region.
Because it was painless, I kept walking and running normally and the membrane get slowly teared down (think about a piece of fabric under tension, if you make a small cut at an end, the threads will rupture in straight line until the piece is totally torn).
That's why the bruise started small and got longer and longer as the tear was progressing along the calf. Because legs are generally quite lean the bruise is visible under the skin.

It is nothing serious but the pain-in-the-ass is that the only treatment is to let it heal by not using the muscle at all (I had to walk with crutches) for something like 3 weeks.

You prob poked a few veins that were near each other causing a small amount of blood to leak into your subcutaneous tissue, a few different times, leaving a larger than normal bruise. It could also be that you have built up quite a bit of scar tissue from only pinning the one area. Try your glutes, ventro-glutes, delts, tricep heads, biceps, pecs, or your calves. Though, keep in mind that those last 4 hurt quite a bit more.

I used to use the others but it's just so easy in quads being able to use 2 hands lol. I did pecs with 1cc, but not sure I want to do 3cc pins in small muscles like pecs. Will try to change it up a bit more though thanks!

I would have it examined because your symptoms sound a lot like a minor hernia.

I doubt the bruise would be that big and last for so long if you had simply poked a vessel. I also don't think it would have this elongated shape.

I had the exact same thing a few years back, calf muscle. I did something pretty stupid and started a rupture of the calf muscle membrane.
I didn't notice it because minor hernias are painless.
It started like a small bruise and slowly but steadily the bruise got longer and longer, after a month or so it was almost reaching my ankle.
When it finally got that long I started to feel pain near my ankle and it went more and more painful over time. I finally realized that something was def wrong and saw a doc.

He explained me the process, the hernia started with a small tear near the knee region.
Because it was painless, I kept walking and running normally and the membrane get slowly teared down (think about a piece of fabric under tension, if you make a small cut at an end, the threads will rupture in straight line until the piece is totally torn).
That's why the bruise started small and got longer and longer as the tear was progressing along the calf. Because legs are generally quite lean the bruise is visible under the skin.

It is nothing serious but the pain-in-the-ass is that the only treatment is to let it heal by not using the muscle at all (I had to walk with crutches) for something like 3 weeks.

Thanks for that bro. That sounds like it could be what it is. If it hasn't gone away after my contests in a few weeks maybe I'll get it checked out. 3 weeks without quads though... jees lol. Thanks though, great info!

Back