Western Union

Brock Landers

Just a couple quick questions regarding WU. I have used their services online a number of times to SEND funds. no problems there. This is the first time I will be RECIEVING funds through WU however, and I am a bit confused. Do i have to give my real name to the Sender? How about when I go to pick up the money? Please forgive me for my ignorance on the subject, this is my first time ever picking up funds through WU. I am under the impression all i need is the MTCN. Also could any clarify what location I need to have it sent? Can I go to any WU service in the area or whatnot? Any help on this would be greatly appreciated bros...thank you
Brock

Use what ever name but you better be able to spell it like it's yours, mtcn, the right test question and answer. You can go to any WU in the area you tell them to send. I believe the place you pick it up at gets a cut of the fee, so I don't think they're going to say much. But you'll need to have all the right info. I've never done it, that's the way I heard it works;)

JohnnyB

Call WU and ask. They dont know you and you can ask as blunt of a question as you want. Ask what would happen if you use a fake name.

BTW, what name should I send it too? (Just Kidding):D

As long as you make sure the sender uses a test ? and answer and that no id is required, you can use any name you want. there not going to ask you for ID since its waived.

When you send money, is it smarter to go to a physical WU location so you can present cash? I will be using them very soon for the first time.........I dont know the protocol. I guess using them online is dumb since they will have my debit card number?

Whats the usual drill when sending money through WU?? Thanks bros!!

J steel said:
When you send money, is it smarter to go to a physical WU location so you can present cash? I will be using them very soon for the first time.........I dont know the protocol. I guess using them online is dumb since they will have my debit card number?

Whats the usual drill when sending money through WU?? Thanks bros!!

Yeah, just go down with cash in hand and make sure it's under $1k. Don't do it online. Don't even bring your wallet in the store so if the person behind the counter is a dipshit and requests ID tell them you don't have it and then point out the no ID part.

Make sure to use a test question if the person requesting the cash requires one. Also make sure to keep the receipt so you can get your money back in case it isn't picked up and you will also need the MTCN# for the person requesting the cash.

Also, if you want to use a fake name then I'd use either a slight misspelling of your last name (like making an i an l or c an e or a an o) or use someone else's name you know and have them pick up the cash if something happens. ;)

Back