what a real breakfast looks like

3J

Super Moderator
this is what i ate this morning... thought i'd put it up so some of you more inexperienced guys get an idea of what it takes to grow

3 whole eggs
7 egg whites (garlic salt, cayenne pepper, black pepper)
1 cup brocolli
1 whole tomato
6 white mushrooms
8 oz yerba mate orange spice tea.. no sugar..
1 cup natural oats

IMG00003-20100116-1241.jpg

Last edited:
Looks tasty do doubt, however if there are individuals having trouble growing. Adding in a lot of extras like brocolli, tomato, and mushrooms lacks very little kcals and is high on satiety. This is a great overall meal and very healthy and high in nutrtion!

If your trying to grow, I would ditch the things we talked about and

add 2 tbsp. of honey and 1/4 cup raisins to the oats (high kcal and little space taken up)

Whats yerba mate tea taste like? Always looking for good tasting sugar free drinks!!!

this is what i ate this morning... thought i'd put it up so some of you more inexperienced guys get an idea of what it takes to grow

3 whole eggs
7 egg whites (garlic salt, cayenne pepper, black pepper)
1 cup brocolli
1 whole tomato
6 white mushrooms
8 oz yerba mate orange spice tea.. no sugar..
1 cup natural oats

IMG00003-20100116-1241.jpg

Looks tasty do doubt, however if there are individuals having trouble growing. Adding in a lot of extras like brocolli, tomato, and mushrooms lacks very little kcals and is high on satiety. This is a great overall meal and very healthy and high in nutrtion!

If your trying to grow, I would ditch the things we talked about and

add 2 tbsp. of honey and 1/4 cup raisins to the oats (high kcal and little space taken up)

Whats yerba mate tea taste like? Always looking for good tasting sugar free drinks!!!

i also use a decent amount of olive oil to cook those eggs.. it's a pretty decent caloric intake...

i do actually.. i alternate between the two...

but that meal is about 800 calories bud.. so i dont think it to be small at all..

My breakfast today was..

2 slices multigrain toast
1 egg and 6 egg whites
big bowl green beans
udo's oil
2 fish oil tabs
1 evening primrose tab
multivitamin
greens supplement
psyllium husk tab
Some light mayo on the bread....approx 30-45 cals worth.

This is my favorite breakfast on work out days. Supplements included. Yum. I sandwich the eggs.

Reactions: 3J
My breakfast today was..

1 egg and 6 egg whites
big bowl green beans
udo's oil
2 fish oil tabs
1 evening primrose tab
elaboration?
multivitamin
greens supplement
psyllium husk tab

This is my favorite breakfast on work out days. Supplements included. Yum. I sandwich the eggs.

it looks good.. im trying to stay away from breads as much as i can...

this morning i got up and had a persian bread called barbari... amazingly good.. but causes a decent insulin spike (i love refeed days)

ohh and dirk...

yerba mate has this really earthy taste to it... trader joes is a whole foods organic store that sells this orange spice yerba mate tea...

i never add sugar to my teas, or honey.. ur drinkin tea to taste tea, not sweetness......

regardless, it tastes amazing.. it's full of antioxidents, and wakes me up in the morning.. two thumbs up

ohh and dirk...

yerba mate has this really earthy taste to it... trader joes is a whole foods organic store that sells this orange spice yerba mate tea...

i never add sugar to my teas, or honey.. ur drinkin tea to taste tea, not sweetness......

regardless, it tastes amazing.. it's full of antioxidents, and wakes me up in the morning.. two thumbs up

yeah i love yerba as well, great taste. thats also an amazingly well rounded looking breakfast there. you are def the diet guru on here no doubt. that being said, there is no way I could eat a breakfast like that and actually make gains; not enough calories.

i also use a decent amount of olive oil to cook those eggs.. it's a pretty decent caloric intake...

Yeah not doubting the total kcals- Just wanted to point out that meal will keep someone feeling "fuller" longer, which for people having a hard time putting on size is counter productive.

I will give the Yerba a try-

My wife is the same with Egg Sandwhiches-

She is working off the baby weight right now and I keep telling her at some point she can't eat those every meal :bash:

My breakfast today was..

1 egg and 6 egg whites
big bowl green beans
udo's oil
2 fish oil tabs
1 evening primrose tab
multivitamin
greens supplement
psyllium husk tab

yeah i love yerba as well, great taste. thats also an amazingly well rounded looking breakfast there. you are def the diet guru on here no doubt. that being said, there is no way I could eat a breakfast like that and actually make gains; not enough calories.

as much as i appreciate that i dont consider myself a diet guru.. im constantly learning from people better then me...

i eat breakfasts like that many morninges and im 6'4 280lbs...

iv helped people make considerable gains using the same tactics...

i dont eat that bfast every morning.. this is a off day bfast for me..

usually its something much quicker like 50g protien from liquid egg whites and a cup of oats.. something along that line..

but to say a 800+ calorie breakfast is not gonna help you make gains and carry a balanced phytonutrient diet is wrong to me...

this is where i have to disagree with dirk also, where i have agreed with him on most points..

eating that much for breakfast will help you make good gains...

we also cannot predicate gains just on one meal...

i eat 300g of protien a day.. i switch my fats and carbs based upon my needs that day/that diet cycle... predicated on my goals...

i wouldn't eat a bfast like this after am empty stomach cardio.. i would need something more quick absorbing... again it's all predicated on my day, what i did that morning, what i have planed for the rest of the day.. etc...

many people dont even come close to eating a meal this large in the morning, which is the reason why i put this up..

im not worried about the guy who's put a good base on and knows how to eat..

im worried about the 10000 people a month who come on this board without a membership to try to understand what it takes to get on the right path... browsing these threads...

i cant go tell dirk or rj how to do their shit.. they know what they need to do..

just as the quote under my sn states.. im nutritions startup junkie... that's my roll...

Last edited:
Yeah not doubting the total kcals- Just wanted to point out that meal will keep someone feeling "fuller" longer, which for people having a hard time putting on size is counter productive.

I will give the Yerba a try-

the whole feeling fuller longer and counter productivity is a good point my friend..

yet if you wanna grow, u gotta leave a coupla things behind..

1. your ego
2. your taste buds for the most part
3. your "feelings" of hunger or fullness

you follow a routine... u eat ever 2 1/2 hours..

you stuff your face untill u cant stuff your face anymore to the limitations of what your nutritional needs will be in that certain case.. then you stuff your face some more..

you get used to the feeling of full... to the point that you feel uncomfortable that you dont feel full..

EAT!!! GROW!!

it's about changing old habits... it's about the 150lb guy starting to eat like a 200lbs guy who's lean and ripped (just a point being made guys, dont take it literally..)

ask any larger guy what it takes to get big... he'll say the same thing.. go home and stuff your face... just stuff it with the right ingredients...

Back