What about for the beginners???

AngelCakes

My name is Angel and I have loved going to the gym for years. I have seriously considered bodybuilding but would like to do it without using anythign other than the weights and eliptical machines for the first 6 months...is this realistic? I just finished having a beautiflul baby girl 2 months ago and am ready to change my body once more..I need to lose about 20 pounds and really need some help doing it..I am completely dedicated to doing this but just need help getting started...if anyone has any advice such as a effective workout routine that promotes weight loss as well as definition ect I would be so grateful, i would really love to be in that bikini by next year...thank you so much everyone...an who ever else is new here good luck and I am here to help support you through your endevors.

I will be sure to list my progress and I encourage you all to do as well...

moving this to the right forum...you will get better feedback to your questions in the womens forum..you can come back here when you want to post your journal..
good luck
:)

WELCOME ABOARD ANGEL

You are in the right forum and place now :) Start reading and searching.. there are sooooo many posts to get you headed in the right direction...

I am not sure exactly what your 6 month goal is; become a bodybuilder or look great in your bikini.. they are very very different goals, but you are on the right track!
A 6 month goal is a great start!! Not too long and obtainable.. and you are in the gym so you have only success ahead!

The right diet, weight training and cardio program will get you where you want.. but where exactly is that?

weights + ellipticals can do wonders!!! DIET has to be included too...
Tweeking your program to your goals is the next step..

Please define your goals... that will help
stats
current program
current diet

lots of women here to help!!
Good luck and stay strong!

Supergirl

supergirl said:
WELCOME ABOARD ANGEL

You are in the right forum and place now :) Start reading and searching.. there are sooooo many posts to get you headed in the right direction...

I am not sure exactly what your 6 month goal is; become a bodybuilder or look great in your bikini.. they are very very different goals, but you are on the right track!
A 6 month goal is a great start!! Not too long and obtainable.. and you are in the gym so you have only success ahead!

The right diet, weight training and cardio program will get you where you want.. but where exactly is that?

weights + ellipticals can do wonders!!! DIET has to be included too...
Tweeking your program to your goals is the next step..

Please define your goals... that will help
stats
current program
current diet

lots of women here to help!!
Good luck and stay strong!

Supergirl
hey i advised her as best i could :p

http://www.healthandfitnesstalk.com/forum/showthread.php?t=56030

DADAWG said:
dadawg said:
welcome to ology angel . i think your goal to be in a bikini by next year is very realistic , even if your talking by may thats only 1 pound a week , thats a very safe and realistic weight loss schedule .
i wouldnt reccomend going crazy with the cardio just 30 minutes or so 3-4 times a week along with weight training 3-4 times a week as well . maybe something as simple as monday= chest/shoulders/triceps , wednesday = back/biceps/traps , friday = legs
something as simple as this for a few months just to get you started and then start to change things up and refine your workout , i would stick mostly in the 5-8 rep range [ after warming up ] .
i wouldnt cut calories drastically either , with your goals just cutting carbs back alone or at most with just a little calorie drop and you will do great . also dont forget fat isnt the enemy , stuff like healthy fats from fish , flax seed oil or seeds , natural peanut butter [ not jiff or peter pan lol ] actually help you to lost weight and stay healthy . dont forget to keep protein intake up as well .

most of all congrats on the baby .

Excellent advise as usual Dawg!! muah

Back