What are my options?

Raider72

I got a script for 100mg test cyp 1x week, my level was 171. I have taken 5 injections & have felt a little more energy but would like to up my dose to 200mg a week but my Doc wants to wait after about 10-12 weeks & more blood work. They seem reluctant, my question is what are my options? Are there any legit ways to up dose?

Only other way to up the dose and not piss off the Dr. would be to self medicate...
But insurance won't cover that :(
Either listen to the Dr or drop the Dr and self medicate...
Or browse around for a more open minded Dr :)

If you want to keep the doc happy, and to legitimately do this the right way, since it is pretty much a lifelong commitment.... You need to be patient and wait it out.

I got a script for 100mg test cyp 1x week, my level was 171. I have taken 5 injections & have felt a little more energy but would like to up my dose to 200mg a week but my Doc wants to wait after about 10-12 weeks & more blood work. They seem reluctant, my question is what are my options? Are there any legit ways to up dose?

You need to go through the process with the doctor when you first get on testosterone replacement therapy (TRT). 100mg/week is a common starting dose. Then you wait and get labs to see where that puts you. Get your labs on the day you normally inject -- but before you actually do inject that day. That should be your trough. If it is low you can ask the doctor to bump your dose up. Also talk to your doc about how you are feeling and responding.

Lost of guys feel it kicking in by week 5, but it sometimes can take longer. Don't give up yet.

When you get your labs, make sure you check Estradiol. Estradiol causes most of the negative effects that one can experience when on testosterone replacement therapy (TRT). It aromatizes from the Testosterone you are injecting. If it is high, you will need to talk to your doc about an Aromatase Inhibitor (AI).

When I started testosterone replacement therapy (TRT), I told my doctor that I was going to play around with my dose to get things dialed in. He just told me to make sure I kept my levels within the normal range and give him blood test results. Perhaps your doc will be open to that.

listen to the doc to start with. If you self medicate, and then your bloodwork shows your having a really good reaction they may wish to decrease your script dose. Once the doc is happy, then self medicate.

Thanks all for the quick responses & info. I will wait it out & yes, I have already asked for an estriodol check. Self medicating is an option I'm looking at but will wait. I am educating myself iin that area also so if anyone has some help in that area let me know.

If you do self medicate read the Testosterone Replacement Therapy sticky...
Some good.info for ya
Good luck

I guess I would want to check the labs 6 weeks after starting testosterone replacement therapy (TRT) and adjust and repeat.

Your doc is not moving quickly enough to satisfy me...could check the a4m.com directory for a different doc if you want.

Back