what are the Alternatives to Androgel for ppl with low test levels?

randy8411

Jack of all Trades
Presently using androgel test 1% USP 5.0g daily [made by Solvay Pharma Inc].

Have been using it for over three months and it has not been effective at all in doing what it is intended to do. The doctors assessments whether it has been working is not based on any testosterone tests but whether i felt it was working which it obviously is not compared to the way i felt before and after using it [is that really the way to assess a client for docs??:sleep:]

Anyways, what have others done as an alternative to androgel when it has not worked or used for low test effectively and safely over long periods of time. The doc is presently not recommending injections - insisting :rockband: that such test is not natural as received by the body. ALL TEST IS TEST -- IS IT NOT ?? :eyes:

AGE 26
WGHT 200LB
VERY LOW TEST CAUSED BY: Motor vehicle accident

Last edited:
I would think you would be happy that your doctor is titrating your dose to how you FEEL, rather than actual serum androgen level. That SHOULD leave room for a dosage increase. Has this been suggested?

Androgel now comes in a convenient pump bottle that is, IMPO, the best thing since sliced bread. Four pumps equals 5gms.

I was on Androgel for a while, 2 packs a day and it barely got me into the lower range of acceptable test levels (poorly absorbed).

Injections ARE the only way to go.

I don't understand your doc's logic. He says that synthetic test is not well tolerated thru injection. Using that logic, what makes the synthetic test in Androgel any better then?

Twist his arm, get the injections, monitor important blood levels (test, estradoil, liver, etc. etc), do the injects yourself preferably at the 7 day mark with Cyp or Enth.

In the end you want your test levels to be in the upper quarter of your labs reference range.

I delt with two BS doctors before I found the right one. Do not put up with their bullshit that lower reference range is fine.

Good Luck,
Gunz

StoneColdNTO said:
Injections are the only way to go .........:D

Sounds like you need to find a new doctor.

Stone, I've heard that Androgel can maintain more stable blood levels than the injections. What do you think about that?

DUANABOL said:
Stone, I've heard that Androgel can maintain more stable blood levels than the injections. What do you think about that?

Yes the newer formulas of androgel are much better than the ones used just a couple years ago. It now avoids the spikes that used to occur and has a much more even release rate. It may rival injections at this point.

DUANABOL said:

maintaining stable bloods levels are one of the key reasons the doc wants to avoid injections among other reasons [i.e. andro better at increasing DHT levels, more natural progression of test serum levels with skin application vs. injections etc.].

HOW DO USERS WHO INJECT TEST FOR HRT OR/AND ANABOLIC PURPOSES -- KEEP STABLE BLOOD LEVELS CONSISTENTLY AND HABITUALLY FOR THE MOST POSITIVE RESULTS?

:druggie:

AAS users have serum testosterone levels that are so high, it isn't a big deal to wait a full week between Test Cyp shots.

For HRT users, weekly testosterone cypionate shots can easily leave the patient with low serum testosterone levels during those couple of days before the next shot. A popular solution (amoung those that know) to this is 250IU of hCG on those days. The hCG gets the balls to produce some testerone for the body during those few days. (I am told that) the patient feels better. Another benefit of hCG is that it helps prevent testicular atrophy. Unfortunately, most doctors aren't famililar with this protocol. The pamplet that comes with (human grade: upjohn or watson) testosterone cypionate in the US says the dosage should be 50mg-400mg every 2-4 weeks. We all know that waiting 2-4 weeks between shots is crazy, but some doctors unfortuantely do not.

5g daily Androgel puts most users well within the normal range for testosterone levels. It also does a better than that testosterone cypionate at raising DHT, which can be good for issues such as ED. But, Androgel certainly isn't for everyone; different people respond differently.

Well said, mranak. That is why I have my test cyp guys use 250IU of HCG on day 5 and day 6 of their test cyp week. This avoids those "grumpy days". If the 250IU isn't enough, I bump it up a little.

My skin did not like angro gel at all. . .it totally irritated it. Still looking for a good alternative here. Not into injections. May try a supplement. Any suggestions?

My skin did not like angro gel at all. . .it totally irritated it. Still looking for a good alternative here. Not into injections. May try a supplement. Any suggestions?

How's your diet? Truthfully.
Op I don't understand how your test levels were effected in a car wreck..? Can you elaborate
My skin didn't do well with the gel either

Presently using androgel test 1% USP 5.0g daily [made by Solvay Pharma Inc].

Have been using it for over three months and it has not been effective at all in doing what it is intended to do. The doctors assessments whether it has been working is not based on any testosterone tests but whether i felt it was working which it obviously is not compared to the way i felt before and after using it [is that really the way to assess a client for docs??:sleep:]

Anyways, what have others done as an alternative to androgel when it has not worked or used for low test effectively and safely over long periods of time. The doc is presently not recommending injections - insisting :rockband: that such test is not natural as received by the body. ALL TEST IS TEST -- IS IT NOT ?? :eyes:

AGE 26
WGHT 200LB
VERY LOW TEST CAUSED BY: Motor vehicle accident

Use an injectable testosterone. If you have low T, it should not be hard to find a doc. I'm excited to try test undecanoate soon. I'm going to start with 3 week injections for pct. Probably 500mg to start.

Back