what do you all do for abs?

I do alot of decline ab bench.. plus you can weight it by laying a plate on your chest. Other then that, I think alot of my "ab mass" came from heavy deads, squats, and other heavy compound lifts that work your core. Thats the key for lbm in that area. sit ups just edges them out.

I do alot of decline ab bench.. plus you can weight it by laying a plate on your chest. Other then that, I think alot of my "ab mass" came from heavy deads, squats, and other heavy compound lifts that work your core. Thats the key for lbm in that area. sit ups just edges them out.

If you want to make it a lot tougher, try putting a weight plate/dumbbell BEHIND your head. You can thank me later.

Ever seen Rocky IV? He does not just leg raises but more of a whole body raise off the end of a bench with only the back of his head, neck, and top shoulders lying on the bench while hanging on. I do them a little differently than him where i lay off the bench even further and drop my legs even lower. If you can work your abs enough to be strong enough just to be able to do one set of these (10-20reps) I promise you all you will need is that one set for the whole week. This is the only ab exercise i do because i can do hundreds of strict cruches, leg lifts, and others and nothing makes my ENTIRE stomach sore the day after like these. The first time i made it to 20 reps my stomach was sore for six days and it hurt to sneeze but nothing i mean nothing i have ever performed in a gym has come close to the results. You will fell it from the top of your pubic bone to where your upper abs connect to the ribs. The trick is being strong enough to do them in the first place, and if your a big guy with big legs the odds are against you.

Back