What do you mix your protein powder with?

What do you mix your protein powder with?

• Water

Votes: 123 42.4%
  • Skim Milk

Votes: 72 24.8%
  • 1% Milk

Votes: 25 8.6%
  • 2% Milk

Votes: 39 13.4%
  • Other

Votes: 31 10.7%

• Total voters
That "milk is for babies" shit is dumb.. think about it.. what are the 2 main things that cows consume to grow? Milk and grass. I have a feeling grass isn't very macro-nutrient dence. If milk is all cows need to grow.. why shouldn't we use it to grow as well?

Milk will slow down the absorbtion rate of your whey. Not something I would want to occur with my post workout shake!

The only time I would consider it is in a shake before bed where a slower absortion would be beneficial.

Don't forget that milk does have sugar in it though. Granted it's Lactose, but it's a sugar none the less.. it won't slow down your whey THAT much. And if you get skim or lowfat..the milk fat will have negligible effects on your absorption rate. Correct me if I'm wrong?

I prefer a protein that tastes good in water, easier to control the calories that way. I just don't like skim milk. I use ISS Pro M3.

Am i one of the only fat sacks here that has a scoop of ice cream in my post work-out shake? when i'm bulking that is i find it adds extra calories to help recover and tastes awsome

WHen cutting:
1 scoop 100% whey
1 scoop opti-pro whey/soy blend
1 scoop muscle milk
w/ water

or

2 scoops optimum 100% whey
1 scoop muscle Milk
w/ water

When Bulking:
2 scoops N-Large2
2 scoops optimum 100% whey
1 Banana
honey
scoop ice cream
couple tbs natty peanut butter
some times some oatmeal
with 1% 2% or skim milk, whatever is hanging around

Fruit punch, I am hoping that the sugar will cause a small slin spike and help get the protein to the guns. Do not know if this works though.

dude2003 said:
Fruit punch, I am hoping that the sugar will cause a small slin spike and help get the protein to the guns. Do not know if this works though.

Depends on what the punch is comprised of...fructose won't give you the slin spike you're after. I chew some candies made of dextrose (called Rockets in Canada and Smarties in the States) and throw back my whey isolate (20g) - mixed with water.

Hey you must pay atention to a simple thing, do not drink your whey protein with milk, you are bying a very expensive suplement that passed for a expensive process to take off all lactose, so please do not put your whey into lactose again :)

if you want fast absorption the best way of drinking the suplement it's pure water,

dude2003 said:

makes a lot of sense. I agree. did a lot of research on slin.

OJ works for me, lactose free milk in protein doesnt cut it for me, although Muscle Milk is the best for using water

Back