What does it take to put on 25 pounds of Muscle?

I put 15lb or so muscle and a few of fat by taking a few solid years of consciously trying to get bigger by eating,training and more eating....and I too eat my on jizz on a daily basis.

Heavy intense lifting 2-3 days a week.

Low sets (4 max). Low reps (4-6).

Lots of rest and food.

Went from 225 to 240 over a 2 year period.

This was gear free.

I think the biggest thing when I've made my best gains is diet. Most guys train hard, but very few guys have solid diets. Once I really straightened up my diet, I was able to lose fat and gain muscle at the same time. Lost lbs and inches on my waist, while increasing poundages in my lifts, and increasing measurements in arms, chest and calves.

I haven't done it yet. But diet and training has gained me the muscle I do have. I also notice I grow better when I really stretch. This is the most underated thing. Stretching muscles between sets and just throughout the day really makes a difference!

I haven't done it yet. But diet and training has gained me the muscle I do have. I also notice I grow better when I really stretch. This is the most underated thing. Stretching muscles between sets and just throughout the day really makes a difference!

BUMP for great advice

I have gained alot of muscle and my lifts have been much better than when I started. I have not done steroids yet. I have gone to the gym and worked out with weights and gone on the treadmills too. I have built lots of muscle since I began doing that. I eat protein as well.

To build muscle you should work out with barbells and dumbells.

For me it was diet and training. I've always been a bigger build and always been very physically active. Once I got in2 weighttraining I noticed some improvements but when I got my diet in check and started doing deadlifts and squats is when I started to put on some real noticable muscle. Up your protein to at least 1.5grams-2grams per pound of bodyweight, eat whole grain breads, omega 3's, cook w/olive oil, drink lots of milk and train hard but dont overtrain. I actually gained alot when I switched from a 5 day a wk program to a 3 day a wk program. Alotta ppl overtrain. It worked for me, may or may not work for you. Diet is key tho

thats funny, i got an update on my bbm about this thread yet it isn't here.. was it deleted??

someone questioned my signature... said he believed that gear was the thing that gets u big.. wondered why i put it as 5%...

humm.. would have been a great debate..

about your sig:

no offense I appreciate the advice on diet you give out but only 5% of gains are based on gear????? you are insane if you actually believe that. more like 50%

there it is!!!!

those percentages are based on IMPORTANCE.... to give people the idea that gear isn't the answer.. a good foundational training and nutrition program is the right answer... diet being the key element...

for you to say 50% of growth is gear is horrible...

so if i had a 1700 calories diet and took gear i'd grow?? or would i bloat like a freaking n00b idiot and lose all my gains post cycle??

if anything is missing in my signature... it's REST...
i believe those percentages to be very accurate...

if you wanna get big, u cannot, absolutly cannot do it without a correct diet.. you'll never hold on to your gains.. peroid... you'll never grow past a certain point.. peroid...

take the emphasis offa gear.. u can get MASSIVE with just diet and training alone..

Yes I agree with jamyjamjr. I trained for the first 5 or 6 years naturally.
Being able to train hard and eat right week after week, year after year is
is the most challenging thing for me. Not the number of mgs being taken.

I would eat a steak a day.Smaller Sirloins)(5-6 small meals a day) Id drink a 1000 caloroie shake 1x a day AFTER my day time meal which was smallest, Id eat pretty healthy snacks like finger sandwiches(that i prepared ahead of time...usually 20-30 finger sandwiches as a snack that were pretty much Turkey Breast or chicken breast with a lil mustard thTat id pop a couple in my mouth when i was a lil hungry, id take a nap when I had a chance and Id use as little as 200 mgs Test over 10 wks and gained between 20-25 lbs with training 6 days a wk.

A missed work out is NEVER made up!!!!!

gator

Last edited:
there it is!!!!

those percentages are based on IMPORTANCE.... to give people the idea that gear isn't the answer.. a good foundational training and nutrition program is the right answer... diet being the key element...

for you to say 50% of growth is gear is horrible...

so if i had a 1700 calories diet and took gear i'd grow?? or would i bloat like a freaking n00b idiot and lose all my gains post cycle??

if anything is missing in my signature... it's REST...
i believe those percentages to be very accurate...

if you wanna get big, u cannot, absolutly cannot do it without a correct diet.. you'll never hold on to your gains.. peroid... you'll never grow past a certain point.. peroid...

take the emphasis offa gear.. u can get MASSIVE with just diet and training alone..

i wasn't saying the other stuff wasnt important so you are wasting your time arguing in favor of that. I just said gear is a hell of a lot more than 5% of gains. Assuming the same diet and effort, there would be a major difference in gains between an AAS user and a non AAS user. I am talking about already trained athletes, not noobs

is that you in your avi bro?

yea so what? I have only done 1 cycle and I am 5'9 185 with very low bf. You want to talk shit about my appearance now because you want to fool yourself into thinking it's all diet and hard work and gear doesn't do anything? If gear was only 5% of the battle, why would you even cycle? Sounds like a waste of time if you ask me

Back