What is Tren exactly? How good is it?

quez82

I just hear all these good things about Tren... It's making me want to take it... What is it? how good does it work? and what does it actually work?

I will the chemical description to those in the know...but I can tell you I used tren and prop on my last cycle. Tren made me strong as hell and extremely vascular...but be careful, it also made me angry. Tren is the only steroid that has caused this type of reaction in me...people on tren are not fun to hang out with...but the shit works...you decide.

I heard of one of the steroids that you have to mix or get a kit to make.. is it tren that you have to do that with? I would love to try it but the thing is i wouldnt mix it myself..

tren is too androgenic for beginners. In my opinion, if you have not done atleast a half dozen cycles, you would not need tren. It gives me too many unwanted side effects....and the gains for those side effects are unworthy. Do something milder than tren....but for longer....and you will get better results, much less sides.....but again..... this is in my opinion. I have a very simple theory that I am sure some bros will agree with: whatever anabolic/androgenic injectables that is NOT available for Human use, in the medical community, tells me that its something you dont need. Testosterone, primobolan, and deca (though of course a healthy person does not need any of these things) are always much better choices for cutting, bulking, strength gains.....ect! But this ofcourse is depending on what better means to you. By better I meant healthier, more parmeanant, and more consistent solid muscle growth.

Last edited:
Good advice thank you... everyone else on other forums are just saying read up .. thank you for answering... I just wanted some live advice and opinions ... appreciate you taking the time to do that...I'm starting my first cycle this sunday... with
1-4 30mg d-bol
1-10 250mg sust
1-10 200mg deca
9-12 Winstrol (winny) and i'll have to arrange the post cycle with clomid and i need nolva... but thats how my cycle will go and i'll wait on the tren... i just hear many good things... Thanks again...Quez

Is that your first cycle. Run the Sustanon (sust) at least 500 mg. Shoot 250 on one day then 250 3 days later. Try some l-dex to cut down bloat.

It is being manufactured again by a company in Thailand...British something (sorry I can't remember the whole name). The tren I used came from a small operation out of trinidad..good quality plus they reship for free if seized. It was 75mg/ml...

I don't make my own gear either...I don't have sterile enviroment avaiable. Too many dogs, plus the girlfriend would lose her mind if even thought about trying.

damn that was some fast replys... thanks guys...i'm looking at a bulking cycle or mass ... gain 20lbs atleast keep some weight on get my arms bigger.. and then cut later.. .but i want mass and size right now.. is what i'm taking enough??its my first cycle... opinions on everything appreciated :)

bluewizz said:
tren is too androgenic for beginners. In my opinion, if you have not done atleast a half dozen cycles, you would not need tren. It gives me too many unwanted side effects....and the gains for those side effects are unworthy. Do something milder than tren....but for longer....and you will get better results, much less sides.....but again..... this is in my opinion. I have a very simple theory that I am sure some bros will agree with: whatever anabolic/androgenic injectables that is NOT available for Human use, in the medical community, tells me that its something you dont need. Testosterone, primobolan, and deca (though of course a healthy person does not need any of these things) are always much better choices for cutting, bulking, strength gains.....ect! But this ofcourse is depending on what better means to you. By better I meant healthier, more parmeanant, and more consistent solid muscle growth.

I agree with this completly...I should not have used tren. Cost/Benefit does side in your favor with tren...i.e. all the side-effect outweight the gains.

dallasskyline said:
I agree with this completly...I should not have used tren. Cost/Benefit does side in your favor with tren...i.e. all the side-effect outweight the gains.

Sorry I meant to say it does NOT side in your favor.

quez82 said:
Good advice thank you... everyone else on other forums are just saying read up .. thank you for answering... I just wanted some live advice and opinions ... appreciate you taking the time to do that...I'm starting my first cycle this sunday... with
1-4 30mg d-bol
1-10 250mg sust
1-10 200mg deca
9-12 Winstrol (winny) and i'll have to arrange the post cycle with clomid and i need nolva... but thats how my cycle will go and i'll wait on the tren... i just hear many good things... Thanks again...Quez

i would drop the Winstrol (winny). I would also drop the dbol . I know what you were thinking when you planned to add dbol in the begining and Winstrol (winny) in the end. Just becasue you add dboll and Winstrol (winny) does not mean you will have better gains, compared to just doing deca and sustanon, but slightly higher doses.

i would do sustanon one shot every 4 days, and deca one shot (assuming 200mg per shot) every 4 days also. Combine the two in one injection...like that for 10 weeks. You will be very very happy with the results. You wont even think about the fact you are leaving dbol and Winstrol (winny) behind. Leave those things for future cycles. Doing those shots every 4 days, instead of the cycle you suggested, WILL lead to BETTER gains....assuming diet and wokout regimen is good.
You will agree with me, if you only knew!! Do clomid for 4 weeks 100 to 50mg per day. start on week 13

Last edited:
quez82 said:
1-4 30mg d-bol
1-10 250mg sust
1-10 200mg deca

That is NOT a very good cycle for your first one. You are stacking 4 different compounds in there.....how on earth are you going to know which one did what for you ?????

Keep it simple my friend !!

Learn how you react to steroids slowly, one at a time.

Do Sustanon (sust) (or preferably a single ester Test like Enanthate or Cypionate) at 400-500 mg/week for 8-10 weeks.

nu2dagam said:
dallasskyline,

what types of sides did you get? You guys are talking about fina correct?

Yes to your question it was fina. Initially I could not sleep. My doc said that was due to my blood pressure going off the fucking chart. The biggest issue for me was the change in personality that ocurred after the 2nd week. I am very laid back, but not on tren. I was getting angry at the most miniscule things and could not calm down afterwards. During training I would sweat like a beast. The pumps during the workout where intense and would last for several hours afterwards. But like I said before it made me a intolerable bastard, that to me was worse than my blood pressure skyrocketing...demented maybe, but I was in jeoperdy of losing my girlfriend. So in my book the ones I care about are much more important than getting ripped. Use something else instead...depending on what your goals are get some advice from the senior members on the board as to an alternative...maybe Winstrol (winny) or primo.

dallasskyline said:
Yes to your question it was fina. Initially I could not sleep. My doc said that was due to my blood pressure going off the fucking chart. The biggest issue for me was the change in personality that ocurred after the 2nd week. I am very laid back, but not on tren. I was getting angry at the most miniscule things and could not calm down afterwards. During training I would sweat like a beast. The pumps during the workout where intense and would last for several hours afterwards. But like I said before it made me a intolerable bastard, that to me was worse than my blood pressure skyrocketing...demented maybe, but I was in jeoperdy of losing my girlfriend. So in my book the ones I care about are much more important than getting ripped. Use something else instead...depending on what your goals are get some advice from the senior members on the board as to an alternative...maybe Winstrol (winny) or primo.

very similar sides too....and ironically enough, very similar feelings and concerns too, when i was on it!!

I first started with extreme night sweats and sleeplessness...then came bad mood....then tons of bloat (coz its so damn androgenic)...then BIG ball shrinkage (how do you like that oxymoron!!)....then the worst post cycle crash. End of story! :)

i think (if you do a search) you'll find a lot of other bros who swear by tren and rarely experience the side effects discussed above.

i've used it in my last three cycles and will continue to use it; it's versatile, you can cut w/ it, or you can bulk w/ it. it's very powerful, something like 10x more anabolic than test...not for everyone but the only way to find out is to try it yourself.

-dirty

tren is a gift from God. its the cheapest and most effective steroid i've ever used. i also failed chemistry in high school and college twice and i can make the stuff with no problems. if you dose it moderately, run it for a while, like 75mg eod for 8-10 weeks you should be fine and see great gains in strength and noticable gains in size, especially if you've never used it before.

I've done "cycles" with 4-ad and 1-test before so no real hardcore experience with steroids. However I am 9 days into a fina cycle now for cutting and LOVING it. The aggression is increased but anyone with self control can handle it. You just have to realize it is the fina talking and not that bad of a situation. On top of that I just save the anger til I hit the gym and let it all out there, wonderful. I am at a 1000 calorie per day defecit and still gaining strength each time I hit the gym. No shrinkage or loss of libido yet (not using test with it) so I can't complain about fina.

Not too many steroids have an air of mystique about them quite like trenbolone. It is one of those agents that you will hear talked up aggressively by some guy in the gym, to later find he has not even tried it himself yet. The bodybuilding literature is full of strong, unusual, and often-inaccurate statements about this drug, and consequently an air of misunderstanding has begun to cloud our view of trenbolone. The unusual history of this compound, including prolonged periods of very limited availability and high selling prices, has no doubt played a part in shaping the view of this steroid in the minds of athletes. It seems when anything is out of reach, overly expensive or both, people start looking at it in a different way. I therefore thought it would be a good idea to take a closer look at the physical properties of trenbolone, as well as its current state of availability and use.

Trenbolone (17beta-hydroxyestra-4,9,11-trien-3-one)

Structure

Structurally trenbolone is a derivative of nandrolone, carrying two additional double carbon bonds at positions 9 and 11 (hence the prefix "tren", short for tri-en). The activity of trenbolone differs from that of its parent hormone considerably however. To begin with, trenbolone cannot aromatize to estrogen. The delta-9 group present on its structure occupies a bond necessary for aromatization of the A-Ring to be possible. Unless this group is removed metabolically, which it does not appear to be, estrogen synthesis is impossible in the body. Although nandrolone is a weak substrate for aromatase, estrogen levels can still rise during use. With trenbolone we actually expect a lowering of serum estrogen levels, as it should suppress endogenous testosterone release (the primary substrate for estradiol in men).

Androgenic Activity

Although derived from nandrolone, trenbolone is comparatively far more androgenic than this steroid. In fact it is several times stronger in this regard than our primary androgen testosterone as well (1). The first contributing factor to this of course is that trenbolone is a strong binder of the androgen receptor. This trait is also characteristic of its parent nandrolone, which is several times more active than testosterone in this regard. Androgen binding is in fact further enhanced by the introduction of double bonds in delta-9,11 (2), which makes trenbolone an even more potent agonist of the androgen receptor than nandrolone. Perhaps more significant though is the fact that unlike nandrolone, the strong receptor binding potency of trenbolone is not diminished in androgen sensitive tissues by 5-alpha reductase. Trenbolone does not seem to undergo 5-alpha reduction in humans to any appreciable degree at all, which is evidenced by the fact that the major urinary metabolites of trenbolone all possess the original tri-en structure with an intact delta-4 group (3). So trenbolone retains its original potency as it enters cells in androgen target tissues with high 5AR concentrations, as this enzyme is not affecting it. These factors work together to allow trenbolone to be a potently androgenic steroid, instead of a primarily anabolic one in nature like nandrolone. .

Progestational Activity

It has been reported in other bodybuilding literature that trenbolone does not exhibit any activity as a progestin in the body. I am not certain where this belief originated, as trenbolone does appear to exhibit the classic progesterone receptor binding ability that is characteristic of nandrolone and its derivatives. One study looking at the bovine uterine progesterone receptor for example found trenbolone to be a very potent binder, startlingly even more so than progesterone itself (4). Another looking at the binding of various compounds to the androgen, estrogen, progestin, mineral corticoid and glucocorticoid receptors found trenbolone to be a more potent binder of the progestin receptor than nandrolone (5), a steroid normally noted for its usual activity in this regard. What does this mean for trenbolone? I don’t think it really means that much. Trenbolone clearly doesn’t cause gyno, water retention or fat buildup, which one might attribute to estrogenic or progestational activity. So whatever slight action it does have as a progestin on paper doesn’t amount to all that much in the real world. The absence of estrogen may be a significant factor, as progesterone is believed to cause gyno by enhancing estrogen’s stimulation of mammary gland growth (6). Perhaps when trenbolone is taken with other aromatizable compounds it could affect a person’s sensitivity level to gyno and water/fat retention. This seems logical, at least in a technical sense, although admittedly I have seen no evidence to support this.

Mass or Cutting Agent

The potently androgenic and non-aromatizing nature of trenbolone makes it an extremely effective hardening and cutting agent. In fact, it is thought of as unmatched in its capacity as a body-sculpting steroid. Many competitive bodybuilders similarly find it indispensable to any good pre-contest cutting stack. For this type of purpose I doubt another steroid would serve you better. Many people do additionally find they make very good muscle gains with trenbolone. It is a potent muscle-builder, although we should probably not consider it an ideal mass-builder when used alone. The absence of estrogen is an important factor, as this trait seems integral in this type of steroid. This probably has to do not only with water retention but also interactions between estrogen and muscle glucose utilization, GH release and androgen receptor proliferation. Today we are finally starting to understand why this hormone is needed for optimal growth. Trenbolone is probably still the most potent muscle-building agent of all the non-estrogenic steroids though, and admittedly is quite unusual in its potency in this regard. But I would still think that if mass were the goal and you were choosing only one steroid, testosterone, Dianabol or Anadrol would be more productive every time in terms of overall size, weight and muscle mass gain.

Gimp said:
Stick to one drug for a first cycle. Try doing Test first and see how you react to it. don't go above 500mg/week.

I absolutely agree (even though I did not do this, whish I had). I you have bad sides how are you going to know what is causing it?

Back