What makes a bulking steroid a bulking steroid???

darksmoke32

Dbol or Deca. Why are they bulkers. The goal is to gain lean mass not water. What is the point of taking dbol and deca instead of Test and Tren or Test and halo for bulking. How does the dbol and deca help you more for gaining lean mass?

dbol and deca are considered bulking AAS because you get big and bulky when you use them, and you will get very strong too. Unfortunately what goes up, must come down, and with orals like dbol down to Chinatown. Its demoralizing coming off of dbol.

Loved the stuff when I was younger, but now that I'm older, I don't do so well on harsh steroids. I don't care what anyone says, nandrolone is the bomb, and now you have the short ester option using NPP.

You will not hold water using tren so long as the test dose is low or you are controlling E2. I know guys who swear by it to bulk up, but I found that it is better to cut up, that is my experience. For me there is not even a close second.

Diet is also very important.

Dbol or Deca. Why are they bulkers. The goal is to gain lean mass not water. What is the point of taking dbol and deca instead of Test and Tren or Test and halo for bulking. How does the dbol and deca help you more for gaining lean mass?

They're "bulkers" because people are still taking advice from the 80's and 90's. Sure, some compounds have very specific purposes like winstrol, which draws water from the subcutaneous layer and other tissues (precontest), but it's all about diet.

Dbol and deca are "wet" because they aromatize, and back in the day AI use wasn't prevalent. This led to 20lbs of water gain, that folks thought was lean mass. While I personally wouldn't want to cut on dbol as it's very anabolic, and can give ridiculous pumps - it is feasible.

I'm on deca year-round, so it finds its way into every facet of composition changes that I undertake. ;)

My .02c :)

I can only reiterate what HW said.... compounds can be utilised for pretty much all your needs if combined with a suitable diet and training protocol...

I did a cut last year (see avatar) on 1g of Test and 750mg Deca.... both compounds that according to broscience should be out of your system for a show.

Yes, I held a small amount of water, which would not have been ok on stage... but my point is - the diet did all the work.

I'm competing in 13 weeks, by which time the Test and Deca will be out of my system and will be replaced by Tren, Mast and Winny, which should give me that fine-tuning necessary for coming in ultra sharp for my show.

But for the average guy looking to get beach ready, I think too much onus is made on what AAS they are running, and not enough attention to detail made with regard to their calorie intake.

technically speaking there is no such thing. your gains will be a direct result of your diet (and training of course, but irrelevant for this topic).

some guys don't care excess water weight in the off season or they are just somehow great at controlling it so they use stuff like dbol and anadrol and other orals then throw in lots high test, deca, etc.

for me even if my diet is on point i will still look poofy and i hate water weight which is why i stick to, what i like to call, dry compounds which are almost always short esters meaning a shorter half-life. testosterone propionate, nandrolone phenylpropionate (short deca), trenbolone, primobolan, MASTERON!

wanna look dry as a bone? get to single digit bodyfat, put your test low like 150-175mg a week, throw in some tren and masteron and it's game over. if you wanna take it to the next level throw in some pharma growth hormone and a diuretic and you'll look carved out of stone.

Last edited:
technically speaking there is no such thing. your gains will be a direct result of your diet (and training of course, but irrelevant for this topic).

some guys don't care excess water weight in the off season or they are just somehow great at controlling it so they use stuff like dbol and anadrol and other orals then throw in lots high test, deca, etc.

for me even if my diet is on point i will still look poofy and i hate water weight which is why i stick to, what i like to call, dry compounds which are almost always short esters meaning a shorter half-life. testosterone propionate, nandrolone phenylpropionate (short deca), trenbolone, primobolan, MASTERON!

wanna look dry as a bone? get to single digit bodyfat, put your test low like 150-175mg a week, throw in some tren and masteron and it's game over. if you wanna take it to the next level throw in some pharma growth hormone and a diuretic and you'll look carved out of stone.

It is not the esters that are the determining factor. It is whether or not the compound aromatizes. For example, nandrolone is nandrolone regardless of what ester it is attached to.

Another one using the mentality that ramping up the harshness of the AAS is the way to go!

Bad advice brother! :(

You're telling a guy that you know zero about - to cycle Tren, HGH and worse still diuretics....

Shit man, I know seasoned pros, following diets to the letter and prepping like a king, fuck things up in the last couple of days by taking Lasix (diuretic) and coming in flat as a pancake, showing awfully due to bad advice.

If you eat well, cycle responsibly and train appropriately - diuretics are the last thing you need - danger where danger is NOT required.

OP: Do NOT listen to this guy! :(

He basically shows how little he knows when he states he prefers NNP to Deca - it's the same fucking steroid dude!

If you cannot manage estradiol, do not blame the compound for making yourself look 'poofy' - you only have yourself to blame on that one!

Last edited:
They're "bulkers" because people are still taking advice from the 80's and 90's. Sure, some compounds have very specific purposes like winstrol, which draws water from the subcutaneous layer and other tissues (precontest), but it's all about diet.

Dbol and deca are "wet" because they aromatize, and back in the day AI use wasn't prevalent. This led to 20lbs of water gain, that folks thought was lean mass. While I personally wouldn't want to cut on dbol as it's very anabolic, and can give ridiculous pumps - it is feasible.

I'm on deca year-round, so it finds its way into every facet of composition changes that I undertake. ;)

My .02c :)

This ^^^^ is right on. I'm gonna be 65 in July and I started back in the 80's and I will say that Halfwit has spelled it out in short the way it was. If you look at ALL the champs back then they all were holding some subcutaneous water and they dieted down from big weight. Right on about Winstrol !

Back