what supplement are worth the money

kain

I wanted to start buying supplement instead of relying on gears. what kind should I start buying for a bulking?

Sorry if htis has been answered. I got some creatine monohydrate from TP, but don't seem to be feeling much affects from it. Is there any real way to find out if I'm one of the people that don't respond to monohydrate and need to use CEE other than just by guessing? I'm kind of new to lifting so don't know my body as well as I should. I read that it doesn't work so well wiht just water so I've been taking it PWO with waxy maize and on non work out days with a cup of orange juice to have it carried with some carbs/sugar.

kain said:
I wanted to start buying supplement instead of relying on gears. what kind should I start buying for a bulking?

?
CRF150-Gears.jpg

no supplement is in any way comparable to gear, so if youre looking for a gear substitute, you wont find one.

that said, some supplements are beneficial. this is a list that Lyle McDonald believes are beneficial.

General use:
protein powder, if that counts
fish oils
basic multivitamin/mineral
vitamin C
calcium
maybe a basic anti-oxidant (torn on this considering the recent data)

specifically for dieting
EC
yohimbe
lots of people seem to like green tea

specifically for strength/size
creatine

for endurance weenies
glutamine (immune function)
citrulline probably
some type of lactate buffer (I miss PhosFuel)

Last edited:
disturbed999 said:
Is there any real way to find out if I'm one of the people that don't respond to monohydrate

do you respond to it?
yes - youre a creatine responder
no - youre a creatine non-responder.

ive seen 30% quoted as the amount of the supplementing population that are non-responders.

also, your said your a noob. if you dont have your diet and training together, then creatine itself probably wont do much for you.

Suareezay said:
also, your said your a noob. if you dont have your diet and training together, then creatine itself probably wont do much for you.

Undeniably true.

I've learned a lot from this board and doing my own research and the
ONE common factor is to see the results you desire all the supps (or aas) in the world won't help if your diet isn't up to par, you don't get enough rest and
aren't consistent with your w/o regiment.

Back to your question, the only supp that's still out there that actually works (never used it, but everyone I know whom has all agree, it works) is Torque.

You need to have realistic expectations.

You are not going to noticed week by week changes with any legal supplements. If you take creatine, the changes will be small and gradual.

Research what creatine does and that should give you a good idea what to expect. If you are expecting steroid like gains, you will be disappointed.

As far as Vit C, Calcium, Fish Oil. Multi vitamin - These are great every day supps to take whether you are bulking/cutting, or whatever your game plan is. But as far as for adding mass, my votes are for protein powder and creatine.

That being said, if you buy protein or creatine, buy a decent product from a decent company. Nothing worse than dropping $50 on protein that is shit. Makes you run to the bathroom within 15 minutes and tears your guts apart.

bingo_soothes said:
Back to your question, the only supp that's still out there that actually works (never used it, but everyone I know whom has all agree, it works) is Torque.

the only one? in the whole world? did they take every other creatine product ever made off the market?

Maybe I missed the boat here but you mean to say that you jumped on gear without trying supplements what the ?? did you not use anything while on cycle Proteins, BCAA's, Creatine that must be some amount of food you were packing away.

bingo_soothes said:

damn it must feel good to be an e-gangster.

no, i dont know what you meant. you said torque was the only product that actually works. what else could you possibly mean by that?

as for "regurgitating what others have said..." yes, youre right, I do quote things others have said and post links to references from which i form opinions; as opposed to bros that simply use worthless anecdotal evidence and made up shit that "some bro in my gym said one time" as a basis for their arguments/opinions.

Last edited by a moderator:
Yah... My post gets deleted/ edited...

It has nothing to do with being an "e-gangster". Your demeaning of folks for lack of knowledge or whatever reason can be seen all across this board. It's just plain unnecessary the way to reply to some people.

To explain what I meant, I was referring to the closest thing to steroids on the market. And, yes, Torque is what I have been told by many users works very well.

bingo_soothes said:
Yah... My post gets deleted/ edited...

It has nothing to do with being an "e-gangster". Your demeaning of folks for lack of knowledge or whatever reason can be seen all across this board. It's just plain unnecessary the way to reply to some people.

To explain what I meant, I was referring to the closest thing to steroids on the market. And, yes, Torque is what I have been told by many users works very well.

ive never demeaned anyone for a lack of knowledge. i try to help anyone wherever I can. my posts reflect this. i do however occasionally get into discussions with people over what i have seen to be false statements.

Last edited:
Suareezay said:
ive never demeaned anyone for a lack of knowledge. i try to help anyone wherever I can. my posts reflect this. i do however occasionally get into discussions with people over what i have seen to be false statements.

Let's just agree to disagree and move on. Sound good...

Back