What weightclass?

dirkdiggler9969

I would like to compete one day. I'm sure it would have to be a couple of years down the road because I don't think my body is anywhere near most guys on stage. My question is this. I'm 6'1" 193lbs right now and have approx. 8-9%bf. Judging by theses pictures what would be a good weight to shoot for to be in great competing shape? I know that the lighter I go the shorter the competition would likely be so take a look and tell me what u think. Also, feel free to critique my current shape.

f9ed7963.jpg

You look pretty damn lean already. your look like you would probably be able to lose 5-10 lbs of fat and drop 10-15 lbs of water. So your weight would drop any were from 15- 25 lbs for the day of your competition. I dropped 16 lbs of water in three days prior to a photo shoot. Your body has alot of it and your need to get rid of it to get that clean crisp competition look.

Last edited:
First at your height you will not be competitive unless you get into the super heavy weight class 225+ lb. You have to understand that most of the guys in the light heavy weight class 198 lb are usually 5'6 - 5'9". So you will not have enough thickness or size to match.

Suggestions if you want to be seriuos

1.) Start Adding size. Period you need to get up to at least 250 lb.
2.) Start hitting that back. Being honest it sucks.
3.) lets see those legs.
4.) Also your bodyfat is a little higher than 8% more likely 10 - 11%

If you don't listen i would imagine that you'd step on stage if you started getting ready right now at around 175 lb.

Now if you went the natural route and competed in the INBF you could realistically get away with stepping on stage at around 210 lb and be competitive.

If you need anything let me know.

dirk- at 6'1" you would have to be high heavyweight or super as monkey said!! on the local level you might be able to get away with a stage weight 215-220 and do well in the novice group. stepping up to the open and any bigger level show you have to bring the wood!! eat anything and everything. you have to eat huge to get huge!! good luck and if you ever need anything look me up!!

Thanks guys, thats what I figured was my problem. I don't want to be that big so I guess that solves that one. But I wouldn't mind getting to about 200 then dieting to around 210 or 205 like dirkmoney said. Thanks again guys.

Need to get to 225+ to get back down to a competitive 205ish. IF you plan on staying natural then you will do ok, make sure you are symetrical and ballanced, upper and lower body. Good luck.

I just got my bf tested today and it was 5.6 something. I beleive they pinched a 2 from my arm,a 4 from my leg and a 8 and 9 from my abdomen. Thanks MDC but I'm on a cycle right now. would be thrilled to be a competitve 225 since I don't ever wanna weigh more than 225.

diggler i'm not trying to be an ass. But whoever did you fat test was a moron. First thing you need to do is get a 7 or 9 point measurement. 3 point test are of moot point. Secondly 5.6% is shredded (damn near showing striations). When i look at your 1st and 2nd pick where you are in a relaxed state and not crunching down on your abs (they are not that visible). 8% is abs popping out 10% is showing which is like where yours are. Now in last pick i can't really see what your doing with your arms or how your positioned but that is how they would look at 7% if you weren't flexing them. I still think the first 2 pics are more indicitive of your conditon.

If you want to be a competitive 225 then you will have to way more than that. (You can't diet up). Plus you also have to realize that you'll drop a solid 10 lb of water during the last week.

If your 235 (1 week out) then you'll probably hit that 225 mark.

My suggestion if you want to never weigh more than 225 and compete than do it naturally. You shouldn't need any drugs to get to that point. Its all about eating. And realistically if you can't manipulate your diet to get to that weight than more than likely you won't be able to diet yourself down properly and maintain your muscle.

Back