whats everyones take on staying on gear like the pros

dodah

i have talked with 2 pro's and i have 2 very good friends in the national game..all have said the time of time on=time off is gone..they all said if you wanna compete and do well now days you have to stay on. they switch up cycles every 20 weeks or so, but never go off for more than 3 weeks.they are all on hgh also..

i have been on a long cycle myself over 20 weeks..and i must say i have looked the best i ever have..i also used to do the 12 week on and 12 week off thing, but was never happy with my look. lets get some feedback on this..i know my test is gonna take a while to come back to normal but clomid will help that..

I have been "on" for almost 2 years now. However, I am 39 now and not planning on ever coming off completely, except for an occasional month here and there. I also enjoy competing on the local level, and hope to do the Masters division next year. I have done many cycles over the years, and always did time on=time off back then.

If you want to compete to me its OBVIOUS that you aren't going to be off half of the year, to even propose it sounds just damn ridiculous unless you are already a genetic freak.

If you want to compete forget staying off for long periods of time, but watch your blood.

If you get blood work done and take the proper ancillaries you could GET AWAY with it but unless you are a pro it's kind of pointless. Obviously you would have to know your body and drugs really well to know what's doing what and when.

i agree is your health worth vanity? to yes i want to look good but my health means a lot to me, i am not saying that just because you do cycles like pros that you are going mess yourself up but i would rather do cycle and come off and get my body back to normal and then go again.

i haven't had blood work done since last year. my plan is to compete in april..then slow down. it has been a goal of mine to get up on stage one time just to reach my goal. then it will slow down..i have a family now and wanna live to be around for them..had blood work done for insurance..came back almost normal chlolesterol was a little high not much though.

gonna get some Human Chorionic Gonadotropin (HCG) next week to help my body along a little..

Mudge said:
If you want to compete to me its OBVIOUS that you aren't going to be off half of the year, to even propose it sounds just damn ridiculous unless you are already a genetic freak.

If you want to compete forget staying off for long periods of time, but watch your blood.

Does that apply to everyone? I know natural guys that win in their weight classes against juicers.

I agree with you about the big boys though at the very top competeing against ronnie. Without drugs, there is no beating ronnie type guys.

Golden_Muscle said:
I agree with you about the big boys though at the very top competeing against ronnie. Without drugs, there is no beating ronnie type guys.

Haha, if someone could compare to Ronnie without gear, then they would be like 5'11 and 400 lbs on gear lol.

StoneColdNTO said:
If you don't have aspirations of competeing, I just don't see the point.
I totally agree..But also be realistic..sure a lot of us would love to make a living from competeing on stage but do you REALLY have what it takes to do it? This is osmething that should be obvious to all that see you not just your own personal judgement of your physique..If not the risk reward is not worth it to saty on for lengthy periods of time..

Golden_Muscle said:
Does that apply to everyone? I know natural guys that win in their weight classes against juicers.

Many "natural guys" that win are liars, but sure, there are some very gifted people out there that can look damn good without juice, especially if they are short. However if we are talking coming in at 230 ripped pounds, I dont expect to see any short guys that are truly natural.

the term natural is something that should be used loosely..doesnt natural mean that you can pass a drug test? it doesnt imply that you have never used juice in your life?

blackbeard said:
the term natural is something that should be used loosely..doesnt natural mean that you can pass a drug test? it doesnt imply that you have never used juice in your life?

yeah in the NJ NPC natural show men just have to pass a lie decector test saying they havent jucied in a year, and for women its 2.

but i 2 would like to compeat in april and was wondering how to plan out my cycles. so i am interseted in the thoughts of what would work best.

I was thinking along the lines myself of doing a long stretched out cycle like per say 6 months. Im not to sure I wanna do that for the first one but it seems better for my lifestyle.

If you're beyond your natural potential then you def need to keep juicing or your body will eventually revert back to equilibrium. There's just no way to be overly muscular AND ripped without being on the sauce, unless you're a genetic freak.

I'm learning now that time on=time off is just not condusive for anyone who wants to compete. Sorry but if you work hard and bust your ass to get your body beyond its natty potential, why come off for a break only to end up losing some gains (which means you have to work to recoup those same gains on the next cycle). Also, i think the body can adapt to the newfound gains the longer you allow your body to adjust to said gains, so by coming off your doing your body a disservice.

A very interesting thread.... I think every man is different... Different needs, different goals, different aspirations.... Competing is for a rare, gifted, motivated few. But even if that's not your goal, you may want to pursue bodybuilding to your own reasonable limits merely for the love of it. That is the true definition of an "amateur."
If you really love the muscle game, and love the gym, and love the people who surround you--- comrads, trainers, nutritionists, doctors, and supporters-- you are most likely a "meathead." in this case you have a responsibility to push your limits to be your best. You won't be happy in life if you let something do integral to your being, your self-hood, pass untested and pursued only "half-assed." Opportunity only passes by once.
That being said, tending to your health is part of the muscle game. Every so often, especially at the beginning of your quest, you need to pull back and give your body a rest. You need to gather information about it's natural functioning do you are more able to "listen to its needs." With this info, you are armed with the power to make decisions about training, nutrition, and drug cycles.
We all know what we give up to play the muscle game. We pay a price socially, mentally, and physically.... If you truly love this life.... You owe it to yourself to do it with brains and gusto and relentless dedication.
"To your health," gentlemen!

If you know the health risks and take precautions to avoid them, I see nothing wrong with it. I wouldn't advise or condone it.

Only do it if you are on HRT imo or its really bad idea.

blast and cruise is better than being on high dosages year round.
Things like high BP, horrible liver values, bloods being all messed up hemoglobin RBC, WBC, hematocrit, all out of whack. Also you are putting a lot more stress on your kidneys being on high dose yearround.

If you do this I hope you get COMPLETE blood tests 2-6 times per year or you WILL suffer the consequences eventually.

Back