What's pro-hormone mean?? Anyone?

Thanks but several users here would debate that after viewing some earlier posts. I was looking more for a scientific explanation. Anyone?

Ok, not getting any answers here other than folks saying it works. So I am doing my own research. Here's one link I found that supports the 1 person who replied so far...YUCK

"Sellers and consumers refer to these products as “prohormones” or “andro”. They include, among other substances, Androstenedione, Androstenediol, Norandrostenedione, and Norandrostenediol.

Although prohormones have been around for some time, the demand for these products exploded in 1998 after they were found in the locker of leading baseball player, Mark McGwire. Although McGwire later claimed that he had stopped using these products and criticized their use, it was too late. A small industry multiplied overnight to satisfy an exploding demand.

According to the lawsuit, leading manufacturers sell nearly $100 million a year of these products, mostly to young adults and others who can least afford it, by making false claims that the products safely promote muscle growth. In fact, a survey conducted by researchers at the Harvard Medical School reported that 18% of male gym-goers had used these products and 56% of self-described male bodybuilders had used them within the last two years. The study’s authors speculated that 1.5 million American men could regularly be using these sports supplements.

Despite their widespread use and exorbitant cost, study after study concludes that these sports supplements don't perform as advertised. According to the lawsuit, the defendants have known for years that these supplements do not help users gain muscle mass and strength. To keep the public interested, and to continue to boost sales, sellers continuously formulate and market "new and improved" versions of these sports supplements, often ridiculing older products. As consumers become increasingly aware of the ineffective nature of one product, new products appear overnight to capitalize on users' hopes and dreams. The defendants currently include such popular brands as EAS, Weider, Met-Rx, Twinlab, Pinnacle, Muscletech, Cytodyne, GEN, GNC, AST, Klein-Becker USA, NutraSport, Prolab Nutrition, VPX, Pharmalogic, Impact Nutrition, Kaizen, Mass Quantities, Vitamin Shoppe Industries and Vitamin World."

I don't know if natural sterol complex falls into this category. What has puzzles me is that this stuff pumped me up and held the pump for days after..measureable results, not mind..why?

Last edited:
All steroid hormones choleaterol derivatives and are synthesized from cholesterol to a product called pregnanalone, then that structure is modified a few times through different intermediates into the steroid hormone your body wants it to be... estrogen, test, etc

So think what would happen if you you gave your body a lot of those intermediate products... you'd end up with lots more steroid hormones (not nescessarily test though)...

I did some reading on them and talking to people who have used them, but my bottom line on PH? They are crummy steroids with a crummy delivery method and too many sides to justify them ( oral)... sure you might gain 10lb on a cycle of the good ones, but they are overpriced for what you get... if you really want to take them or cannot take the real thing for some reason (like testing that allows them but not AS), I'd look into 1AD and 4AD cycles or a 1test and 4AD cycle... and go with well known brands like Ergopharm or Molecular Nutrition because PH are not always what the bottles claim them to be mg amount wise based on testing.

PM me if you want good places to learn more on them for some reason.

why not just do the real deal, why pus out, i herd there crap and i personally would never waste the $$$ on them, i have a friend at work that always talks about them, i just wanna punch him in the face when he brings them up. just my opinion

trendkill said:
why not just do the real deal, why pus out, i herd there crap and i personally would never waste the $$$ on them, i have a friend at work that always talks about them, i just wanna punch him in the face when he brings them up. just my opinion
Not to argue here (I agree AS are more cost effective etc as I said above), but I think to each their own. I know this is a debated subject on AS boards (mostly because PH cycles run $200+ and a bottle of dbol is 10 or 15% of that cost LOL), but we are all going for the same goal and just learning here.

PH, (some of the newer ones anyways), do yeild good results for some users. I just do not think that saying "I heard" and calling someone a puss is truly nescessary. The bros I know who have used PH were either natural BBers, comp PLs (who use mostly AS, but get PH and some other new supp products free), or dedicated athletes who did not want to take in a controlled substance based on personal preference. Still respectable bros nonetheless.

Feli Fly said:
Not to argue here (I agree AS are more cost effective etc as I said above), but I think to each their own. I know this is a debated subject on AS boards (mostly because PH cycles run $200+ and a bottle of dbol is 10 or 15% of that cost LOL), but we are all going for the same goal and just learning here.

PH, (some of the newer ones anyways), do yeild good results for some users. I just do not think that saying "I heard" and calling someone a puss is truly nescessary. The bros I know who have used PH were either natural BBers, comp PLs (who use mostly AS, but get PH and some other new supp products free), or dedicated athletes who did not want to take in a controlled substance based on personal preference. Still respectable bros nonetheless.

excellent post, the mature way of how i wanted to answer:)

I cant say that I have ever seen any difference in using any pro hormone. I say keep your money and spend it on food instead.

Some good protein, good fats and maybe some creatine are all you need. If you do enough research you will find alot of these tests were done on post menopause russian women in the 50's! If you are one of these then you may be in luck!

Good post feli.... times are changing and PHs are coming around.... there's a new era of them that are highly effective and priced reasonably.

SO are you "all natural" if you take PH?
legally where does it stand?

I'm not sure where one the "scale" it is..

Good post feli.... times are changing and PHs are coming around.... there's a new era of them that are highly effective and priced reasonably.

Very true.
This board has a few open minded people regarding PH's.
I'll be the first to admit most oral PH's are not much bang for the buck, but there are now far better delivery methods:wink2:
Check out Anabolic Minds Forums for some good PH info.

Back