whats the best post-workout proteins?! please respond, no right or wrong answrs! ! !

I only drink post workout protein because of the convenience. I do not want to go an hour without food in my stomach after a workout, but if it was convenient I would prefer to eat a t-bone or some eggs post workout. After the gym I have to wait to get food because I pick up my daughter from school, and I end up sitting in the car line for 30 minutes daily. I use dyamize whey protein because I get a good price on it, but all whey is about the same. May start packing scrambled eggs in a tupper ware container.

1/2 cup pasta with low sodium sauce
8 oz cubed chicken or beef
1 scoop bsn cell mass

i eat every 3 hours so what ever meal follows my workout this is what i eat and drink

Agree with SoCal here.. If your hitting your macros throughout the day then the "golden hour" for protein is not that important. However being I'm usually hungry and thirsty as hell post WO ill jug optimum nutrition's platinum whey isolate with milk, eat a couple bagels, turkey slices, and some nuts
.... Then drink a bunch of water,, by then it's late out and it's time to unwind and have a couple shots of whiskey and relax before dinner (though this next cycle I'll need to nick the latter to reach my goals I'm sure)

While we are on the subject of PWO carbs I was eating candy high in glucose or regular corn syrup (not high fructose) I do that because I do enjoy candy, and the higher glucose is supposed to have a higher insulin effect than fructose. I really don't look at the studies to back this up, it just seems to fit. Does anyone else eat candy PWO?

Agree with SoCal here.. If your hitting your macros throughout the day then the "golden hour" for protein is not that important. However being I'm usually hungry and thirsty as hell post WO ill jug optimum nutrition's platinum whey isolate with milk, eat a couple bagels, turkey slices, and some nuts
.... Then drink a bunch of water,, by then it's late out and it's time to unwind and have a couple shots of whiskey and relax before dinner (though this next cycle I'll need to nick the latter to reach my goals I'm sure)

I find alcohol worse than a responsible night out on stimulants... Definitely kick that shit.

I'll have 2 scoops whey protein (26g), and a banana as I'm walking out of the gym. It takes 20 min to get home, then I have a solid meal.

Back