Where do we get dress clothes?

KingK

i am starting a new career that will require wearing business professional clothing. seems like every button up, pair of pants, and shoes i try wont fit worth a shit. i need shirts with a big ass neck, arms, shoulders and way smaller in the waist. need pants with roomy leg/hip area. i wear a 14 double wide shoe. im 6'1 250 at 20%, i have a little fat around my midsection but any big neck size shirts are WAY too big in the body and look stupid af. is there anywhere half ass cost effective to order clothes that will fit guys like us?

i am starting a new career that will require wearing business professional clothing. seems like every button up, pair of pants, and shoes i try wont fit worth a shit. i need shirts with a big ass neck, arms, shoulders and way smaller in the waist. need pants with roomy leg/hip area. i wear a 14 double wide shoe. im 6'1 250 at 20%, i have a little fat around my midsection but any big neck size shirts are WAY too big in the body and look stupid af. is there anywhere half ass cost effective to order clothes that will fit guys like us?

As I had to do when I was corporate , buy the legs that will just fit and go to a tailor. Same with shirts. Ya know most of all the Sheriffs Officer's shirts are tailored for a few reasons.
I had to have my jackets tailored because when the neck would fit and the upper back I would be swimming in the damn thing so the tailor would make it right.

Ya can't afford to have them made. I used to have to have my jeans tailored. I never had big legs for a BB and I still had to have them tailored because my waist at show time was 29".

Try Nordstrom's. If they don't have something that fits you will have to go custom tailored. They offer that too.

I'm not sure on what "cost effective" means in your book as that differs person to person. Myself, my business shirts are about $120-150 each and my suits have to come custom, which I get for $1200-1500 each. In my view, I'd rather something that lasts so the quality is better than some, and off the rack then tailoring isnt feasible with my leg size. My tailor is an ex-AFL player so he's a big unit and has built a business catering to larger gents

i'm jeolous that you can afford to spend $150 for a shirt and $1200 for a suit. i have never spent over $20 for a shirt or over $99 for a suit. happy for you that you make decent coin. some of my best clothes i got from a trusted thrift shop. yes i am cheep. if you want to find some nice clothes do like women do. take a whole day. i mean the WHOLE day and try on clothes at every damb store you can find that day. don't but shit just try shit on. the wife does this and thinks things through and comes home with exactly what she wants. lots of clothes. you don't need a $1500 suit to look good/professional. save that extra cash for your next cycle. lol. some places like forman mills sell irregular clothes that were accidently made with smaller waste. wide / narrow pants etc. just my opinion.

1500$ my racing leathers cost that and there made of leather Kevlar and gortex it would want to be a nice suit

hey thanks for the replies, i never got any notifications. yeah i need the 20.00 shirts lol. im sure i cant afford custom tailoring so gotta do my best out of the package, just most of what i have tried doesnt fit lol.

i'm jeolous that you can afford to spend $150 for a shirt and $1200 for a suit. i have never spent over $20 for a shirt or over $99 for a suit. happy for you that you make decent coin. some of my best clothes i got from a trusted thrift shop. yes i am cheep. if you want to find some nice clothes do like women do. take a whole day. i mean the WHOLE day and try on clothes at every damb store you can find that day. don't but shit just try shit on. the wife does this and thinks things through and comes home with exactly what she wants. lots of clothes. you don't need a $1500 suit to look good/professional. save that extra cash for your next cycle. lol. some places like forman mills sell irregular clothes that were accidently made with smaller waste. wide / narrow pants etc. just my opinion.

Im jealous too, I get all my clothes from Goodwill stores and swap meets, real brand names man.

Last edited:
Back