Where to go after weight loss plateau?

BuddyBoy

Got any Ice Cream?
Hey folks, long time no see.

For those of you that remember me... I havent been on the boards often because I recently moved from California to Orlando.

I accepted a year contract for work, and I've been busting my ass to get my body in line. I've done very well, but I've hit a plateu, and I dont know where to go from here.

I'm 23 years old, and when i got here I was 5'11 230lbs and over 20% bodyfat. In six weeks, with a strict diet and cardio program, I dropped down to 201lbs.

I used a combo of ECA, Nicotine Gum, and 2 weeks of clenbuterol.

Now I'm just cruising along. I want to FINALLY see abs, but I dont know what to do. I'm in a maintenance phase where I have a 2 on, 1 off, 3 on, 1 off split.

I do 45minutes of cardio a day, I eat 6times a day, and I get 180-190g of protein per day.

Right now i cruise at about 205-201lbs throughout the week, but I want to get down to 190-195 LEAN.

Im confused as to do more cardio, and I don t think I can cut much out of my diet. I dont really know what to do in order to continue my progress. Here are some pictures of my progress so far.

Anyhelp is very much appreciated.

nice job on cutting down..sometimes the body needs a break from intense dieting/cardio..

unfortunately i think you are undereating right now and dropping cals further will not later your BF much more..you may drop scale weight but it may be at the expense of muscle mass..

try eating at maintenance lowering your cardio work for a few weeks then hit it hard again

Easto: Here's my diet... I eat this way six days a week, and on Sundays I give my brain a rest.

1 apple
1 grapefruit
1 c high fiber cereal (dry)
1 low fat low sugar yogurt
1 scoop whey protein powder in water or 8 egg whites scrambled

1 chicken breast or fish fillet (steamed)
2 c broccoli or brussel sprouts (steamed)
1 apple
1 c oats or brown rice or sweet potato

Post Workout Shake
25g protien + 8oz of Powerade

Same as #2

#5 & 6
1 chicken breast or fish fillet
2 c broccoli or brussell sprouts

As far as my cardio- its part of what I do for a living, I'm a Polynesian dancer in a luau. That's also kinda screwing with my split. I dont know where or how to train LEGS now. If I train them for hypertrophy at any time during the week, they give out at work. Like, they are too fatigued to work correctly during my show.

What kind of training should I use for my legs, since I am training them more for endurance vs. strength?

Drop the fruit bro, fructose = sugar. Keep the banana if you must. I'd just eat oats and eggwhites if it were me.

Ditch the apple in meal 2.

I'd suggest more protein in your PWO meal, and using pure dextrose instead of powerade.

You need to include EFA's in that diet bro. Add some flax, olive oil, Udo's oil, natural PB, almonds, etc... to your meals, but, remember not to mix your carbs and fats in the same meal.

Those adjustments would help you along IMO... and good job so far!

nothing wrong with fruit, esp low glycemic fruits like apples. in fact they are a great sourse of energy that dont spike insulin levels.

i for one would like to see some more shots of the babe you with. :D

whats goin on Pops? How u doin DB?

Thanks for all the input guys. I've been at maintenance now.. since about mid April. I think I'm going to continue for another couple of weeks, while upping my protein, and then start another cut.

Back