Which has a greater chance of acne?

siq

I am banned!
Arimidex or Aromasin? I need one of them for my cycle, which is best as far as acne sides?

Acne usually come on cycle due to high estrogen. So both of these would work to lower your estrogen and thus keep acne at bay if the correct dosage is used.

Acne usually come on cycle due to high estrogen. So both of these would work to lower your estrogen and thus keep acne at bay if the correct dosage is used.

u sure its estrogen related?? i have been breaking out like a mother fucker and my estrogen has been in check every single time i have given blood..

Acne is caused primarily by elevated free testosterone with insulin playing a secondary role - elevated estradiol by itself has very little to do with it and does NOT cause acne.
Elevated test leads to hypertrophy of the sebaceous glands, increased sebum production, and increased density for bacteria to grow - all leading to acne production.

Progesterone, dhea and cortisol are all involved as your endocrine system tries to re-establish hormonal balance.
For example elevated progesterone levels can amplify the effects of testosterone leading to more acne. Another example would be that adult women tend to get acne due to elevated DHEA conversion to testosterone - not due to estradiol as many believe.
Its a complicated system.

To put it simply, you can control e2 all you want if your test levels are high there is nothing you can do to prevent acne - only treat it once it arrives.

u sure its estrogen related?? i have been breaking out like a mother fucker and my estrogen has been in check every single time i have given blood..

I always thought it was due to fluctuations in the system.. Like cycling on/off, on/off, on/off.

What about this study Ripped? Are there newer studies refuting this? It was published in 1992.

Serum hormone levels in men with severe... - PubMed Mobile - NCBI

In order to evaluate the hormonal milieu in young men with severe acne, we measured serum estradiol (E2), total testosterone (T), free testosterone (FT), dihydrotestosterone (DHT), dehydroepiandrosterone sulfate (DHEA-S), and sex hormone binding globulin (SHBG) levels in sixteen male patients aged 20-30 years with severe acne, including twelve cases of nodular-cystic acne, and in seventeen age-matched normal controls. There were no significant differences in the serum levels of T, FT, DHT, DHEA-S, or SHBG between the patients and the controls, but serum E2 was significantly higher in the patient population. Thus, the hemodynamics of serum androgens in male patients with acne do not seem to differ significantly from that of normal controls. Elevated E2 levels might affect the inflammatory response of acne vulgaris through the release of thymic hormones, as reported in the literature.

Acne is caused primarily by elevated free testosterone with insulin playing a secondary role - elevated estradiol by itself has very little to do with it and does NOT cause acne.
Elevated test leads to hypertrophy of the sebaceous glands, increased sebum production, and increased density for bacteria to grow - all leading to acne production.

Progesterone, dhea and cortisol are all involved as your endocrine system tries to re-establish hormonal balance.
For example elevated progesterone levels can amplify the effects of testosterone leading to more acne. Another example would be that adult women tend to get acne due to elevated DHEA conversion to testosterone - not due to estradiol as many believe.
Its a complicated system.

To put it simply, you can control e2 all you want if your test levels are high there is nothing you can do to prevent acne - only treat it once it arrives.

i figured as much, thats what i have read through my quick research on the matter..

im breaking out like a mofo on 200mg a week.. im dropping down to 150 to see if that reduces it..

seems like puberty all over again from the neck down in terms of acne.. its pretty damn annoying

What about this study Ripped? Are there newer studies refuting this? It was published in 1992.

Serum hormone levels in men with severe... - PubMed Mobile - NCBI

In order to evaluate the hormonal milieu in young men with severe acne, we measured serum estradiol (E2), total testosterone (T), free testosterone (FT), dihydrotestosterone (DHT), dehydroepiandrosterone sulfate (DHEA-S), and sex hormone binding globulin (SHBG) levels in sixteen male patients aged 20-30 years with severe acne, including twelve cases of nodular-cystic acne, and in seventeen age-matched normal controls. There were no significant differences in the serum levels of T, FT, DHT, DHEA-S, or SHBG between the patients and the controls, but serum E2 was significantly higher in the patient population. Thus, the hemodynamics of serum androgens in male patients with acne do not seem to differ significantly from that of normal controls. Elevated E2 levels might affect the inflammatory response of acne vulgaris through the release of thymic hormones, as reported in the literature.

well then, this is interesting.. ill have to read this thing in the morning

I vaguely recall that study - it wasn't convincing to put it politely :)

Its very important to remember that any significant hormonal fluctuation can lead to acne - one of the reasons why many people will get acne during PCT for example. But when you break it down, it all comes back to higher than normal test production.
Again, lets look at boys going through puberty - they have higher androgenic activity that leads to acne primarily through increased test production. Highest estradiol is simply a consequence of the higher test.

Lets say you've managed to control your e2 levels through an ai, but are still getting acne (like 3J).
Considering increased GH, IGF-1 as well as other changes in the endocrine system DUE to the increased test contribute to acne - what can you do?
Well, the answer is to take an anti-androgen but that kind of goes against the goal of cycling.
Well, how about taking compounds with zero androgenic activity? Yea..that doesn't exist.

Again, as the research stands right now there is nothing you can do to stop the acne from occurring - only combat it once it has arrived.

Last edited:
I always thought it was because of estrogen but it makes sense now...

I was running my test at 1,000 which is much higher than I usually do and my back
was breaking out like a mother fucker!!!

It's slowly going away after dropping the dose to 500.

When I had my OHS a few years ago I had stopped my trt test dose 3 or 4 weeks prior. I hadn't thought about estrogen rebound as I was about to have life sustaining surgery, that was my main focus. I remember breaking out badly the week in the hospital, especially on my triceps and chest. Mg estrogen must have been through the roof, but my testosterone was nil.

My personal belief is that either imbalance can cause an acne breakout especially apparent during the change( estrogen going up or test going down)

Back