Which one are you?

i started off really into bodybuilding. Now im more focused on powerlifting. Trying to get a strong base and then go back to bodybuilding after.

I have to keep telling myself that I'm NOT a power lifter and focus on "the pump" and proper form. For some reason I always want to lift heavy but no it does no good for what I'm trying to do.

So, I'm focusing on bodybuilding but at heart a power lifter. Thats why I love being ON cycle due to the fact that I recover quicker and can go heavier with injury.

the pump and proper form lol. if you powerlift with improper form your nickname will be cripple . i guarantee powerlifters pay attention to form better than most bodybuilders do.also some of the best all time bodybuilders trained as powerlifters . ronnie coleman even used the powerlifting suits . NOTHING and i mean NOTHING adds mass like heavy lifting , concentrating on the pump is some BULLSHIT propaganda that the muscle rags / magazines use to sell their crap.

Really good post man - very interesting to hear different people's takes. Personally, my goal is to compete at bodybuilding, but I love going heavy and doing the big compound lifts, probably from my football/track & field training days (my all time favorites lifts are squats and power cleans). While I try not to concern myself TOO MUCH with the amount of weight being lifted, sometimes it's hard not to! So if I had to pick one I'd say bodybuilder (that likes to 'dabble' in powerlifting).

Good stuff man.

the pump and proper form lol. if you powerlift with improper form your nickname will be cripple . i guarantee powerlifters pay attention to form better than most bodybuilders do.also some of the best all time bodybuilders trained as powerlifters . ronnie coleman even used the powerlifting suits . NOTHING and i mean NOTHING adds mass like heavy lifting , concentrating on the pump is some BULLSHIT propaganda that the muscle rags / magazines use to sell their crap.

I have to disagree about the pump for me personally. Since recently, I have never really cared about the pump. Now, since I have been focusing and using lighter weights I have been growing in areas that I have been focusing on more.

Just saying!!!!!! :beer:

Back