Who here has truly kept gains while off?

70w30

non conformist
Who here has run a cycle and has retained what size they have put on.This is for those that have run a basic cycle and have truly gone off no bridging between cycles.

Last cycle was the first cycle where I kept almost all of my gains. 22lbs total (after bloat was lost) and only lost 4 lbs. I'm excited...I think I've found a routine and post cycle therapy that works great for me.

Mine are always test based 500-750 mg/week with 20 mg dbol a day for first 3-4 weeks. I always get to the same weight and usually return back down to the same weight. Its probably time for a change :rolleyes: ...(I just really like the way test makes me feel...)

The Terminator said:
Mine are always test based 500-750 mg/week with 20 mg dbol a day for first 3-4 weeks. I always get to the same weight and usually return back down to the same weight. Its probably time for a change :rolleyes: ...(I just really like the way test makes me feel...)

Okay, but ignoring body weight, how about the strength increases while on cycle? Do you eventually drop back down to the lifts you were doing before cycle too?

--dave

Mr. dB said:
Okay, but ignoring body weight, how about the strength increases while on cycle? Do you eventually drop back down to the lifts you were doing before cycle too?

--dave
I find there is NO real correlation between size and strength. Go check out some of the power lifting records. Comparitively speaking...the 220lbs guys dont lift too much more than the 165lbs guys. In other words, it depends on what you're training for. While on a cycle, I train solely for mass (reps in the 8-12 range), but while on clomid therapy I drop the number of sets and reps that I do while training more often throughout the week (a power lifting type of workout). This way my workouts arent as strenuous, but I am continueing to use the same, and often times a higher, workload that I was using while on a cycle.

ready2explode said:
... but while on clomid therapy I drop the number of sets and reps that I do while training more often throughout the week (a power lifting type of workout). This way my workouts arent as strenuous, but I am continueing to use the same, and often times a higher, workload that I was using while on a cycle.

I'm on Clomid right now, and that's pretty much what I've been doing. Heavy (for me...) weights, 3 sets per exercise, 3-6 reps/set.

--dave

bowdup said:
Hey R2E........Explain your post cycle routine. I start mine monday and just wondered what you do.
I dont have my exact workout on this comp. If you give me a day or two, I will post it up.

Also, my hcg/nolva/clomid therapy helped me along nicely.

Last edited:
Mr. dB said:

--dave

No, my lifts progressively go upwards. I tend to keep more strength than size...

yeah, size is hard for me to keep as well off cycle. due to having to stop eating as much to burn off the fat accumulation, rather than the cessation of the gear. still got my 15 lbs from first cycle, got nothing on the second cycle kept....long story i won't bore you, working on 15 more lbs i hope to keep on this current cycle. i better fucking keep the lousy 15 or i quit, it ain't asking for much. :D

i do lose some size

trying a different post cycle routine when i come off this time around

will be running

slin
nolva
creatine
glutamine

house1 said:
i do lose some size

trying a different post cycle routine when i come off this time around

will be running

slin
nolva
creatine
glutamine

yeah, i am thinking of using slin in lower doses than i usually do during the 8 weeks off during HCG and clomid. just post w/o though. i bet it will be a help. i hope. i always use creatine and nolva though, most of the year round. glutamine i'm waiting on the peptide version.

ready2explode said:
I find there is NO real correlation between size and strength. Go check out some of the power lifting records. Comparitively speaking...the 220lbs guys dont lift too much more than the 165lbs guys. In other words, it depends on what you're training for. While on a cycle, I train solely for mass (reps in the 8-12 range), but while on clomid therapy I drop the number of sets and reps that I do while training more often throughout the week (a power lifting type of workout). This way my workouts arent as strenuous, but I am continueing to use the same, and often times a higher, workload that I was using while on a cycle.

I agree whole heartedly...i train when on for strength only...6 rep max gig....i run the standard routine while on like bench, curls deads, squats and variations of those....

when off, i have found i can keep my gains very well by bumping immediately to the 8-12 rep range which although i lose some size, you cant really teel due to me switching to a mass training gig which will develope my muscles a bit better the the gig i was on while on...

i do get leaner, but the muscle definition and size correlation although differ a bit, are similiar...i can drop some size from bloat, but once it cuts up, i still am putting on size and it looks better while off...

for example, look at a 21 inch arm of a power lifter per sey and then the 21 inch arm of the bodt builder, although they are same in size, they are very different in appeareance both to the eye and in the arm..

also, generally the strength between the two differ...hmmm....

E

The Terminator said:
No, my lifts progressively go upwards. I tend to keep more strength than size...

Yup, me too. I've gotten stonger after each cycle but do not always keep the size. However, I tend to analyze over length of all cycles and LBM. For the last 2 cycles, I have kept between 10-12 lbs each, using Winstrol (winny) each time, along with heavy test, usually sust.

i don't use clomid and never really lose much size or strength when i come off. as far as cycles go i dont come off long at all and i use various compound in every different cycle

DaddyX said:
i don't use clomid and never really lose much size or strength when i come off. as far as cycles go i dont come off long at all and i use various compound in every different cycle

time off? stop coming over here and lying. lol. :D

I have done 2 cycles. I 8 weeker, and one 3 weeker.

Cycle 1 23lbs, cycle 2 11lbs. All solid muscle and didnt lose an ounce. I seem to gain weight and strength post cycle instead of lose it. I just dont let myself lose. I dont work my ass of just to wimp out and lose it at the end. If taking staroids didnt give permenant muscle, I would not use them. I dont want to be big only for the time im on steroids.

When I see ppl losing gains post cycle I just wonder what they are doing wrong.

Back