who liks to throw the weights around...

ironmaster said:
Powerlifting and olympic style lifting necessarily involves some dropping of the weights and various noises that are unacceptable in the neon "fitness clubs". I don't like such places and prefer my old downtown dungeon. The place is set up for max efforts with the proper flooring and heavy equipment. No women, no machines, no shower, no sissies........just big guys throwing up big weights. Sweat and chalk.

Thats why I left the shit hole i was in to go train elsewhere... at least there I inhale chalk dust for gods sake...and not some flamer preppy skinny jerkoffs cologne while he is on his cell phone talking about his piece of shit fucking bmw that he just bought...mother fuckers...argh i hate those gus..

a gym where they crank the tunes and not light rock or freakin love lines...

with bent bars, and crippled plates...

where you wouldnt dare pick up a weight you could not move it...

E

cortez are you sure there not aloud to touch the floor or just not allowed to be dropped on the floor..if thats so, that is a fucked up world gym bro..

It was just that you werent allowed to drop them, but then this guy goes on to tell me that starting in may,nobodys allowed to even have them touch the floor. I thought it was pretty fucked up too. I hate the people over at that place, but I keep going back because of the great new equip.,music, and setup. ( I like the hammer strength stuff they have over there too)

if i go a heavy set i usually have my partner take one of the dumbells, or if im by myself ill ask the skinny fucker to help me out since hes doing nothing anyway.

there is this guy at my old gym who would do like a strut aroudn the bench grunting and yelling " I'm 5'9 265.. I'm 5'9 265... and so on" the only part he forgot to mention was " I'm 5'9 265 38% bodyfat " i drop the weight on cleans on my last set and rep, because i do powerlifting

Derexan said:
there is this guy at my old gym who would do like a strut aroudn the bench grunting and yelling " I'm 5'9 265.. I'm 5'9 265... and so on" the only part he forgot to mention was " I'm 5'9 265 38% bodyfat "

LOL

I hate when I ask some dude to spot for me and he decides he's my trainer, and gives me "motivation" during my set "Come on man, one more rep!"

Also, people that do funny shit (unintentionally, of course) causes me to lose concentration.

Theres a guy that comes in my gym that is really funny to watch. He's probably about 65, and he looks like an old prospector, litterally. He wears long sleeve flannels everyday with suspenders, and wears the heaviest blue jeans. he has like a 2 foot long beard too. his favorite workout he takes the bar off the bench press with no weights on it and grabs it all uneven, when he lifts the bar its like half way inbetween vertical and horizontal. plus he has his hand reverse on the bar. he does like 25 of these as fast as he can do like he's spazzing out or something. he doesnt piss me off though, its just funny to watch. i think its cool he trying to get in shape atleast

Derexan said:
there is this guy at my old gym who would do like a strut aroudn the bench grunting and yelling " I'm 5'9 265.. I'm 5'9 265... and so on" the only part he forgot to mention was " I'm 5'9 265 38% bodyfat " i drop the weight on cleans on my last set and rep, because i do powerlifting

Cleans would be olympic lifting, not powerlifting. And since there is no eccentric in olympic lifting, you are supposed to drop the weights.

Yes, eastarr69, my brother.
I also dislike chrome anything. Lifting bars should be machine steel, and plates cast iron. I want to see the bar bend and flex, and I want to hear the plates clang. When I get the big weights in motion, that spring in the bar has helped me lock out many a PB lift.
And if I want to see girlies in skivvies, I'll go to the tittie bar next door when I'm done training.
Yes, I know, I'm a dinosaur.

I hate pussy gyms. I like my school gym because it's designed for the athletes to use. Some olympic lifters train there, so dropping weights happens quite often, but not in a loud showoff way. Although since it's on campus there is a certain element of pussiness, but the gym certainly doesn't cater to it.

One guy that used to come to the gym was about 40ish and had a Ron Jeremy-like stache and he had this sweatshirt withthe sleeves cut out and a cut striahgt down the middle to between his sternum and bellybutton. Talk about a way to ruin intensity. He walked in and it was Def Comedy Jam laughter.

JohnnyB said:
If you have to drop um there to heavy for you, control is part of your strength.

JohnnyB
Exactly !! I hate when guys think it's cool to throw the weights around like that. It's like hey...look at me ! I always give them a look like , yea your cool.........asshole. Then laugh at them while they're looking my way :D

I really hate it when people throw there weights around then leave them. My buddy was doing dumbell press next to an a-hole that did that . and when my buddy finished his set he went to set his weights down and hit the other guys weights and it broke his hand in 4 places. So not only do people need to NOT thow their shit down but they also need to pick up after themselves.

bigdr_5 said:
I really hate it when people throw there weights around then leave them. My buddy was doing dumbell press next to an a-hole that did that . and when my buddy finished his set he went to set his weights down and hit the other guys weights and it broke his hand in 4 places. So not only do people need to NOT thow their shit down but they also need to pick up after themselves.
Thats the only incident where I would have thrown the weight.....right at his head !!

Back