Whole eggs dont affect cholesterol negatively?

Mudge

Community Veteran
Another Reason Why Eggs Actually Lower the Risk of Heart Disease
http://www.mercola.com/2000/oct/1/eggs_homocysteine.htm

http://www.mercola.com/2002/jul/6/biotin.htm
The higher the yolk is heated, the more likely oxidation of cholesterol will occur. This is especially true when it is combined with egg white (as in scrambled eggs) because the iron present in the white will further oxidize the cholesterol. Our blood vessels do not have receptors for cholesterol, only for oxidized cholesterol. So, you can eat as many eggs as you like, without worrying about cholesterol, as long as you don't cook the yolks.

http://www.google.com/custom?hl=en&...g+yolk+cholesterol&sitesearch=www.mercola.com

Right on. Whole eggs are awesome. Also should be pointed out that dietary cholesterol in general hasn't been shown to have the profound impact on blood cholesterol which was once thought.

the cholesterol in eggs is packed with lecithin which is found in every living cell in the human body. it is especially good for the brain as it is found in large quantities in that area. i will post more info later. alot of bros will swear to you that their cholesterol went down after taking eggs from their diet. this may be so but i always ask myself... how did they eat their eggs? alot of folks eat them fried or scrambled and use excessive oil while preparing them. my advice is use teflon and limit the oil used to cook.

Last edited:
Actually, dietary cholesterol only accounts for about 5% of blood cholesterol to begin with. This is why people can cut back their cholesterol intake and start exercising and see little to no improvement in their blood cholesterol. Fat is not bad for you. Saturated, unsaturated, dosen't matter. People go on Atkins all the time only to find that there bad cholesterol drops and and their good cholesterol increases. Now, if fat was bad for you, how could this happen?? It's a big lie, a big fat lie.

kube said:
the cholesterol in eggs is packed with lecithin which is found in every living cell in the human body. it is especially good for the brain as it is found in large quantities in that area. i will post more info later. alot of bros will swear to you that their cholesterol went down after taking eggs from their diet. this may be so but i always ask myself... how did they eat their eggs? alot of folks eat them fried or scrambled and use excessive oil while preparing them. my advice is use teflon and limit the oil used to cook.

True! A little olive oil is all I ever use.

faye you are right on the money--and the yolk has all of the flavor, why anyone on a mass gaining diet is concerned about cholesterol is beyond me, for every yin there is a yang.

Faye said:
Actually, dietary cholesterol only accounts for about 5% of blood cholesterol to begin with. This is why people can cut back their cholesterol intake and start exercising and see little to no improvement in their blood cholesterol. Fat is not bad for you. Saturated, unsaturated, dosen't matter. People go on Atkins all the time only to find that there bad cholesterol drops and and their good cholesterol increases. Now, if fat was bad for you, how could this happen?? It's a big lie, a big fat lie.

Im bringing this thread back up because i had a question.

WHAT RAISES THE CHOLESTEROL THEN if it isn't saturated fat, or dietary cholesterol? I mean, this is great news, but my cholesterol was 238 overall, but ive been eating real clean and weightlifting heavy for a good year now (before i started, it was 258 and rising, triglycerides were over 400 but normal now cause of a med, LDL was only slightly high, and HDL was actually a little bit low).

just what i needed to know... i'm on a bulking diet and i do about 4 whole eggs a day and my friend who is a pharmacist incists that it is unhealthy...

chidoks said:
just what i needed to know... i'm on a bulking diet and i do about 4 whole eggs a day and my friend who is a pharmacist incists that it is unhealthy...

yeah that is bull shit. I eat about 8-12 whole eggs a day. I checked out fine. As said before dietary cholesterol has little to no affect on blood chl. Cholesterol is manufactured due to hormonal responses that we give are body bye other things that we eat and that tells our body to make cholesterol. Insulin is the main hormone that sends a response to make cholesterol. Hope this helps.

I c, so if I was eating tons and tons and tons of unhealthy carbs days in a row, like before is tarted workin out, then THAT is probably what caused the cholesterol to go up, since Insulin levels were probably soaring ?

If you want to check out a book look at Natural Hormonal Enhancement by Rob Faigan. Gimme a while and I can probably scrounge some stuff up and give you some links

'Actually, dietary cholesterol only accounts for about 5% of blood cholesterol to begin with.'

That has changed the way I look at cholesterol forever

I have a strong family history of C-V illness so my lipid levels have been a concern since I got a199 at 22 years old. I changed my diet to what I THOUGHT was clean. I cut most fats out, ate mostly rice, pasta, and what I THOUGHT was healthy. Well my Lipids shot up to 213 at 25 years old. It was a Homeopath that pointed out my mistakes. I switched to whole grain everything, rice, bread, pasta, added EFA, cut out sugar as much as possible and now at 35 my lipid ratio is in the <1% risk area. So what does this have to do with eggs? My wife and I go through over 5 doz eggs a week.

Back