Why can't I gain???

Onswoll said:
well its a good thing your not me. cause thats the last thing id be doing
Then don't complain about not being able to put on weight! You eat like a freaking bird. You think all that broccoli you're eating is going to do it?

It's is a good thing I'm not you, 188lbs. with juice? Take up golf!

U need to eat and get more sleep try to get at least 8 hours of sleep plus the cardio is killing it cut your cardio down to 2-3 times a week you are trying to gain weight not lose it

Onswoll said:
oh come on bro, we all know that cave men used tanks and machine guns to take out the mammoths, then the used their lazers to cut the meat off, cook over the BBQ and consume. A few push ups here, a few pull ups there....those guys were huge.

:D haha nice but you get what I'm saying..our bodys evolved by eating red meat, it's built into our bodys to absorb such proteins...

Im in late too but im with the majority. You need to freakin eat dude! Eat 6-8oz of meat and 75g or so of carbs with every meal 5-6x a day. get 4000 plus calories. 5000 would prolly be better.

Onswoll said:
Ok this is my diet usually mon-sat:

Wake up at 5am, 4g arginine, 20g protein shake, 5g glutamine, one large apple
Gym @ 5:30
Get home from the gym, immediatly: 40g protein shake, 5g glutamine, two rice cakes, one rounded table spoon of sugar and a glass of juice.
9:30am breakfast shake: 8-10 egg whites, 1/2 cup oats, 1/4 cup ovaltine, slash of skim milk, one scoop protein, dash of stevia
mid morning snack: 40g protein shake, hand full of almonds
12pm lunch: one can of tuna, one cup broccoli
2pm: two chkn breast, one cup broccoli
5pm dinner: two salmon patty's, one cup broccoli or a peice of fruit, small salad (dry)
8pm snack: one cup cottage cheese, celery and peanut butter
B4 bed: 40g casein protein shake

Thats my current diet (honest.) Now I do admit, i do only get an average of 5hrs of sleep a night, so I do know that, that effects my gains. Im not about to post up my training sched, #1 thad take forever, #2, i train extremly hard and proper, and I know theres no problem with my training. Anyway, thats my current diet.

Try taking in more protien pre workout and some complex carbs...also if you can I wouldnt train so early in the morn.
Your bodyfat last time i saw unless its changed dramatically is very low....I mean you wouldnt have to loose much at all to be contest ready. You dont hold water or fat at all that Ive noticed. I would suggest cutting out the cardio...at this point you dont need it at all.
I would also try adding in some power training....Squats, deadlifts, bent over barbell rows and bench presses.

DougoeFre5h said:
I know you hear this over and over...and theres a reason.

EAT EAT EAT. If you want to get bigger, you need to eat bigger. Food is the most anabolic thing you can put in your body. Training simply singals the cells to grow. Hormones turn on the green light for that growth, but you cant grow without some nutrients to facilitate the process.

Your macro timing and overall kcals are wacky.

like we said b4...food is the key...if you dont eat nothin is gonna happen..all the gear in the world wont work unless there are an overload of food in you system...muscle need it to grow kid...ya heard... :dj: :dj:

I skipped everything else and looked at problem #1 .

You only get an average of 5 hours of sleep? That is not enough sleep for me not training.

You should be getting 8-10, i know its hard but your body doesnt give a shit if you have things to do, To GROW YOU Must SLEEP .

Back