why does acne from steroids target your back and shoulders mostly?

Khyron

I know why you get acne from steroids, your skin has androgens cells and they get clogged with DHT from steroids, I think .But why do I and many others get acne only on our shoulders and back?

Last edited:
i'm in the same situation.........gettin some on my neck too

Khyron said:
I know why you get acne from steroids, your skin has androgens cells and they get clogged with DHT from steroids, I think .But why do I and many others get acne only on our shoulders and back?

DHT doesn't clog your pores, I think it stimulates the androgen receptors in the skin, causing the skin to produce oil, and that's what clogs your pores. I'm not 100% sure though

thetopdog said:
DHT doesn't clog your pores, I think it stimulates the androgen receptors in the skin, causing the skin to produce oil, and that's what clogs your pores. I'm not 100% sure though

yeah something like that

thers a high amount of sebacious glands in your back and shoulders. androgens stimulate these glands to produce oil.

what blackjack said, thats where your body has the highest concentration of sebacious glands.

I only get it on my back and shoulders. Very little on the face. This is when Im on Test.

But on Winstrol (winny) My face gets it bad too.

the same receptor has different isoforms in different tissues
the differences in structure of the steroids are responsible for the specific binding

RB

Back