Wow, my first abscess, but a small one at that

pineapple

I injected my outer heads (triceps), both with test E 1cc each. Both swelled up to the reaction of test E being high dosed.

After about a week, the left one has gone down but the right still was swollen a bit. So I flexed my tricep and felt the bump and I noticed that it was soft, and not hard as the muscle should feel.

So I knew it was a small abscess right away. I stuck a needle in just to make sure and pulled some bright colored blood out and a little tiny bit of puss, but mostly bright colored blood.

This will probably go away since it seems to be very minor. I'm not getting a fever or anything else, it's just kinda there. This is the second week after the injection.

I'm wondering if this was caused by too much oil injected into the bit of muscle that's there or maybe cuz it was high dosed test.

First you have to think about what causes and abscess??? Bacteria.

Large injections leave a greater space for the bacteria to grow. You also need to make sure that the environment is sterile...including gear. The high dosage is usually more of a caustic irritant, due to what you have to add tho get it to stay suspended in the oil. If it is a multi dose vial you have to be concerned that the whole batch is contaminated. I would still rec getting some keflex, clinda or docloxacillin. Not worth letting anything brew in there. I have seen a bunch of these with mex gear in the past.

I just had an absces cut out a week ago. Believe it or not, it wasn't steroid related. Apparently, some small hairs below my tailbone scratched the skin, after which bacteria entered. Followed by some local sedation and some cutting in the hospital. The most fun part was walking a painful mile at snail-speed to the hospital (wasn't able to sit down in a car). Took me an hour.

Thoms said:
I just had an absces cut out a week ago. Believe it or not, it wasn't steroid related. Apparently, some small hairs below my tailbone scratched the skin, after which bacteria entered. Followed by some local sedation and some cutting in the hospital. The most fun part was walking a painful mile at snail-speed to the hospital (wasn't able to sit down in a car). Took me an hour.

That sounds more like a cyst/ingrown hair. But I guess all pretty similar and none being fun! Sorry to hear that!

That sounds more like a cyst/ingrown hair.
Yeah, that was their preliminary diagnosis as well; Getting absesses that way is rare. But it was one alright.

pineapple said:
I injected my outer heads (triceps), both with test E 1cc each. Both swelled up to the reaction of test E being high dosed.

After about a week, the left one has gone down but the right still was swollen a bit. So I flexed my tricep and felt the bump and I noticed that it was soft, and not hard as the muscle should feel.

So I knew it was a small abscess right away. I stuck a needle in just to make sure and pulled some bright colored blood out and a little tiny bit of puss, but mostly bright colored blood.

This will probably go away since it seems to be very minor. I'm not getting a fever or anything else, it's just kinda there. This is the second week after the injection.

I'm wondering if this was caused by too much oil injected into the bit of muscle that's there or maybe cuz it was high dosed test.

After getting an abcess, and now 2, i realize they really arent the end of the world like a lot have made them out to be. Stab and drain and for me, thats been the cure.

In reply to another post in this topic, not just bacteria causes an abcess. More commonly in our cases, it's foreign objects like peices of the rubber stopper injected.

Back