yet another weight gainer question

krieg

Say im eating 600 callories for breakfast and 600 callories for supper. Do you think i can replace my lunch and dinner with just a weight gainer drink( about 2,500 callories)? Do you think i still gona be making gains? See the thing is i do construction work and it gets very hard to swallow food during lunch or dinner. So anyway can i get a hell yeah?? Maybe u had some experience?
265 lbs
6' 5"

I don't think anything can replace solid natural foods as far as bulking up is concerned. Sure you will make some gains if you replace your meals BUT not as many as you would with solid foods. What does your weight gainer shake consist of?

I work construction too. Your body will adapt to eating more over lunch and breaks. Nothing is better then quality FOOD for mass building. If you want to take weight gainer have those on your break or something...not instead of a meal.

joshbeam1 said:
I work construction too. Your body will adapt to eating more over lunch and breaks. Nothing is better then quality FOOD for mass building. If you want to take weight gainer have those on your break or something...not instead of a meal.
The problem is my truck parked very far from where i work at, and there's no freezers where i work at, i can only cary my little gatorate cooler with me at the job site, and there are no little breaks either , just 30 minute lunch break. I guess my only option could be taking weight gainer after 5:30 when i'm going home huh?

krieg said:
The problem is my truck parked very far from where i work at, and there's no freezers where i work at, i can only cary my little gatorate cooler with me at the job site, and there are no little breaks either , just 30 minute lunch break. I guess my only option could be taking weight gainer after 5:30 when i'm going home huh?
NO....i used to work on remote construction sites too. I usually brought tuna still in the can, can opener, bread and some veggies. At that at my 30min lunch, usually 2 cans of tuna and 4-6 slices of bread. Also, sometimes packed a pb sandwich and just ate on the run(if we never got a 15min break) OR mix up a weightgainer w/water(have it mixed before u go to work) and just drink that sometime during the day. If u have to drink some in the am and some in the afternoon. Experiement. there's many options.

joshbeam1 said:
NO....i used to work on remote construction sites too. I usually brought tuna still in the can, can opener, bread and some veggies. At that at my 30min lunch, usually 2 cans of tuna and 4-6 slices of bread. Also, sometimes packed a pb sandwich and just ate on the run(if we never got a 15min break) OR mix up a weightgainer w/water(have it mixed before u go to work) and just drink that sometime during the day. If u have to drink some in the am and some in the afternoon. Experiement. there's many options.
damn it sure is hard eating 2 cans of tuna with dry bread after a killer construction day. I'm fucken toasted in the afternoon from killer heat here in florida. I think thats when those weight gainers come in handy.
anyway thanks for sudgestions

krieg said:
damn it sure is hard eating 2 cans of tuna with dry bread after a killer construction day. I'm fucken toasted in the afternoon from killer heat here in florida. I think thats when those weight gainers come in handy.
Suppose so, but sometimes u litterally have to FORCE FEED yourself. Pack the food down. No supplement compares to an actual meal. But do what ya want.

krieg said:

I feel for you bro, i'm in the same boat, walking around in the Baghdad heat is an appitite suppressant. I struggle to get enough real food. When I wake up during the night to take a piss, I'll make a quick shake and chug it before falling back asleep.

joshbeam1 said:

I agree here. For adding quality mass(or bulking in general), the key is NOT meal replacements, rather meal supplementation. Eating quality solid food is always a better alternative to eating shakes anyway. It depends on your goals but that's usually the case. I guess you just gotta force the food down bro.

Back