19 Year old, 4 weeks of lifting

AZWildfire

Iron Chef of Pounding VAG
I've looked around these forums for a while and gained a lot of valuable information. Guess it's time to share.

For a while no matter how much I ate or lifted, I would get no results. I just had to wait for my metabolism to slow a bit. I do no cardio just yet. I'm going to be lifting and eating hard for another 14 days, then I'll do some cardio, and start back with lifting.

November 15th, 2007
Before.jpg

December 7th, 2007
Week4.jpg

I am intaking about 3000-3200 calories a day, 180-200g of protein, pretty clean foods. I'm using NO-Xplode and Animal M-STAK.

Comments would be greatly appreciated.

I'm 6'2, 165lbs

4 weeks of training is nothing. You made it from fetus to fetus +1. Take in lots of clean calories, eat as often as you can. Lift heavy with 90% of your time in the gym dedicated to compound lifts. Do your best to consistantly gain strength, and make sure you give yourself plenty of time to recover. Do this for a year and then post some pics.

AZWildfire said:
Am I lacking for 4 weeks? Doing good? What should I work more?

Yeah you need to look at things in terms of months and not days and weeks. Stick to it for at least 6 months before looking for results. I was naturally thin like you and I wld not even get on the scale except once a month for the first 6 months... Just focus on eating right and often and working out hard and getting proper rest. Over training sucks. You put so much effort into working out but don't give your body enough time to grow between gym visits. You don't grow in the gym.. you grow away from the gym while resting.

i agree with everyone above... your not going to become huge in 4 weeks, it takes time, etc...

but for 4 weeks of training you can definately see a noticeable difference, good for you

keep it up

Little man,its awesome that youve decided to start working out and living a healthy lifestyle..progress takes time..on a positive note you will start seeing gains in about 6 months..they come rather quickly when you first start lifting...PLEASE dont let us see you making a post in 2 weeks about doing a cycle..cause i have a feeling thats where this is going..

Thanks for the response guys. No, I'm a bit young to be doing a cycle just yet. I've read up on them for quite some time. If I was to do anything like that, I'd wait till I had been seriously lifting for 3 or 4 years. I already feel results and there is no need to do a cycle at 19 years.

I also plan on testing with a few police departments out here, and in Arizona, steroid use, regardless of when/how much/why, is still an Automatic DQ.

Thanks again guys.

Nice progress in the 4 weeks, I can tell... Imagaine in 4 months or even 4 short years!! That's where the difference comes. Alot of good advice already so my added advice would be STAY WITH IT!! Meaning make short term and long term goals. Plan them out over a 12 month period and check them off each time you reach one. Just an example but short term = increase bench by 10 lbs before Feb 08 or gain 5lbs of weight/mass by May of 08, etc, etc, and keep your progress pics going. What are your overall goals for all this??

I guess my chest is genetically lacking, I'm built to run marathons but I want to move boulders.

I want to hit around 210. Thats my overall ultimate goal. If I took a picture right after a workout with me fully flexing I have 2 veins popping out on my bicep and veins all over my forearms. I'd like a little more meat on me so I'm not so veiny, but thats life I guess.

My goal by Feb 18th is 200lbs for bench which doesnt seem like too much and I'm actually not that far away. I'd like to hit 170 by then though.

Thanks for the comments guys. It's like an addiction once I can see/feel the results, as well as getting compliments from people. I hate to take days off as they feel unproductive but it's for the best.

Thanks again. I've been taking progress pictures every Friday... Can't wait to post in 4 months how far I've gotten.

AZWildfire said:
I guess my chest is genetically lacking, I'm built to run marathons but I want to move boulders.

I want to hit around 210. Thats my overall ultimate goal. If I took a picture right after a workout with me fully flexing I have 2 veins popping out on my bicep and veins all over my forearms. I'd like a little more meat on me so I'm not so veiny, but thats life I guess.

My goal by Feb 18th is 200lbs for bench which doesnt seem like too much and I'm actually not that far away. I'd like to hit 170 by then though.

Thanks for the comments guys. It's like an addiction once I can see/feel the results, as well as getting compliments from people. I hate to take days off as they feel unproductive but it's for the best.

Thanks again. I've been taking progress pictures every Friday... Can't wait to post in 4 months how far I've gotten.

Veins are sick man, i wish i was more vascular

taking pics every week is a very bad idea man, from week to week you wont see much, I would recommend every 2 months or so, I think that is when you can start to see noticeable differences... keep plugging you'll be happy with your results

AZWildfire said:
I want to hit around 210. Thats my overall ultimate goal.

:insane2: that will change.

Looks like you actually filled out a bit in those 4 weeks, though it could just be the pics. Make sure you take consistent pictures (location, lighting, angles) so you can make a good comparison. Don't overweigh your self or look too much in the mirror...progress will come.

hey bud, I commend you on opening the front door and starting your journey but you've barely stepped out onto the porch!!! 4 weeks?!?!? Take all the things you've learned and apply them for 6 months or so. then take pics to see progress. Take everyone's advice on the pics too.

dont take pics every week, its only gonna dissapoint, stop trying so hard to see progress its better when u just look in the mirror one random day after a while and just let it hit you

ManOfMuscle said:
4 weeks of training is nothing. You made it from fetus to fetus +1. Take in lots of clean calories, eat as often as you can. Lift heavy with 90% of your time in the gym dedicated to compound lifts. Do your best to consistantly gain strength, and make sure you give yourself plenty of time to recover. Do this for a year and then post some pics.
Why would you recommend a guy who's 170lbs to eat clean? He's over 6' tall, and obviously has a high metabolism. No need for him to eat clean, he can eat whatever the hell he needs to gain some weight.

Also, for the skinny man. Gaining weight takes months to years. So if you expect to gain pounds quickly, dont hold your breath, or you might die.

Back