1st Homebrew

StatikGP

Just a few questions about my first homebrew of Test E.

I'm planning on using the stericup vacuum filter system.

I'm also using pre-sealed sterile vials.

after I filter and the oil solution is in the receiver bottle, I plan on sucking up with a syringe and injecting into the vials..

But during the time that the solution is in the receiving bottle open to the air.. it doesn't get contaminated from dust particles in the air? i feel like i would need to use a syringe filter again while injecting into the vile.. is this not necessary? Is it safe to just suck the solution up or funnel it into the syringe and inject?

Also, I have read several threads.. some people say to use BB and I also found a thread saying BB is not needed for Test E. Which is it?

Thanks for the help!

Just use a syringe filter. If you are filtering large quantities and crimping caps on, I would say different. You don't need BB if you are making Test E at a normal concentration, say between 200-250mg/ml, but it doesn't hurt and it makes it that much more stable.

syringe filters seem expensive. especially if i want anything better than .45 and my first batch i plan on doing atleast 100ml. but I plan on doing multiple batches for 4000ml total. seemed like vacuum was the way to go as far as price.

Edit: Could someone PM me a good site for Vacuum filters with .2um? or a good site for whatman..

Last edited:
If this is your first time brewing it is kind of strange that you would be going straight to using a stericup. Most newbies start off with syringer filters and what not. I do not know too many new guys that would be trying to run off that large of a quantity. As far as where to get supplies good luck there the feds keep shit locked down pretty hard.

If this is your first time brewing it is kind of strange that you would be going straight to using a stericup. Most newbies start off with syringer filters and what not. I do not know too many new guys that would be trying to run off that large of a quantity. As far as where to get supplies good luck there the feds keep shit locked down pretty hard.

For what it is worth, im doing the same thing he is. First time brewing and im using a vac system....

I'm planning on using the stericup vacuum filter system.

I'm also using pre-sealed sterile vials.

But during the time that the solution is in the receiving bottle open to the air.. it doesn't get contaminated from dust particles in the air? i feel like i would need to use a syringe filter again while injecting into the vile.. is this not necessary? Is it safe to just suck the solution up or funnel it into the syringe and inject?

Too answer your question, yes it is open to the air and particles WILL get into your Solution. You should either,
a. use syringe filter as they suggested OR
b. Build yourself a flowhood

I dont see any issues with buying syringe filters as 1 single filter can filter out 100ml. If you are planning on 1000ml+ then obviously a vacuum pump and filtration system would be beneficial.. You say you are using already capped sterile vials, go for the syringe filters first bro, you wont be sorry.. ;)

Back