24 y/o male - My results - PLEASE ADVISE

_ANTON_

New here. Hoping I could get some help. Been feeling less driven over the last year. Had a gf for a while and she was fun but even though she was attractive I wasnt all over her like I used to be with girls. Between this and just feeling overall less energetic I wondered if something was up. She would ask me if i was even attracted to her and if i was completely honest my answer would Have been "kinda". I'm 24 And have always had a hard time putting on weight. I'm currently sitting at about 175lb And roughly 10% to 12% bf And the highest I get no matter How much I eat and how hard I lift is around 182. Keep in mind that my diet is spotless and I'm working out 2 to 4 Times per week. I do work over 12 hr days (not physical) up to 6 days a week but I average around 7hrs of sleep per night.

Finally went to the doc and got my test checked.

Here are my results:

9am test (woke up at about 815)

Testosterone - 496
Free Testosterone - 95.2

Of course the Doctor says this is fine and I'm in the normal 250 to 1100 range that "applies to all men." But after looking at some of the averages per age in charts I found that I have the test level of a 60 year old. This seems low especially for a 24 year old male.

At this point I'm looking for advice. Should I be on testosterone replacement therapy (TRT)? I Have a mma/football/contact sports background that may play into my current readings. Any help would be appreciated

12 hours a day, 6 days a week is not an ideal work situation. Stress could be a contributing factor. Do you take any medication of any sort?

New here. Hoping I could get some help. Been feeling less driven over the last year. Had a gf for a while and she was fun but even though she was attractive I wasnt all over her like I used to be with girls. Between this and just feeling overall less energetic I wondered if something was up. She would ask me if i was even attracted to her and if i was completely honest my answer would Have been "kinda". I'm 24 And have always had a hard time putting on weight. I'm currently sitting at about 175lb And roughly 10% to 12% bf And the highest I get no matter How much I eat and how hard I lift is around 182. Keep in mind that my diet is spotless and I'm working out 2 to 4 Times per week. I do work over 12 hr days (not physical) up to 6 days a week but I average around 7hrs of sleep per night.

Finally went to the doc and got my test checked.

Here are my results:

9am test (woke up at about 815)

Testosterone - 496
Free Testosterone - 95.2

Of course the Doctor says this is fine and I'm in the normal 250 to 1100 range that "applies to all men." But after looking at some of the averages per age in charts I found that I have the test level of a 60 year old. This seems low especially for a 24 year old male.

At this point I'm looking for advice. Should I be on testosterone replacement therapy (TRT)? I Have a mma/football/contact sports background that may play into my current readings. Any help would be appreciated

Further to Rastas question... do you find your symptoms improve when you take time off or go on vacation?

I would not start testosterone replacement therapy (TRT) if I was at 500 natty and 24 years old. If I were you I would work with your doctor to see if you have any issues that are suppressing your levels. Meet with urologist first to get the plumbing checked out. Talk to an endo if your plumbing is fine.

Get more sleep. Try to get 8 hours.

Check your thyroid. Check vitamin D too.

How many calories are you consuming per day?

Eating about 4, 000 calories a day. No medication. I do take zma and vitamin d, b, And fish oil. And my fat to protein to carb ratios should make for a good hormonal environment. I do feel somewhat better on my one day off. And getting 8 hours of sleep regularly is just impossible with work.

Doc said my cholesterol, lipids, cbc, and glucose levels all checked out.

All I know is that my schedule isn't changing any time soon and I'm not feeling like I should given my situation. To be completely honest when I was younger, I took a lot of test boosters too. And guaranteed I didn't cycle them properly. I took T3 from nxcare, SUS LMG, and others.

Isn't 500 low for my age? And what about the 95.2 free? What is a good range for that at my age?

Ok. I will. Not sure if insurance will cover it a second time though after having "acceptable" numbers. It going to cost me an arm and a leg?

Eating about 4, 000 calories a day. No medication. I do take zma and vitamin d, b, And fish oil. And my fat to protein to carb ratios should make for a good hormonal environment. I do feel somewhat better on my one day off. And getting 8 hours of sleep regularly is just impossible with work.

Doc said my cholesterol, lipids, cbc, and glucose levels all checked out.

All I know is that my schedule isn't changing any time soon and I'm not feeling like I should given my situation. To be completely honest when I was younger, I took a lot of test boosters too. And guaranteed I didn't cycle them properly. I took T3 from nxcare, SUS LMG, and others.

Isn't 500 low for my age? And what about the 95.2 free? What is a good range for that at my age?

Yes, it is a little low, but not hypogonadal. That's why I would focus on improving it rather than replacing it. Here's a chart.

If you took T3, have you gotten a thyroid panel to make sure you have fully recovered?

Are you taking any "test boosters" now?

Ok. I will. Not sure if insurance will cover it a second time though after having "acceptable" numbers. It going to cost me an arm and a leg?

You can get labs done at Private MD - Buy Lab Tests Online. Get the Hormone Panel for Females ( which is for men too). It cost about $50. Includes:

Total Test
Estradiol
LH
FSH
Metabolic Panel
CBC

I would also add a thyroid panel if I were you.

Take a look at the Hormone Panel for Males. It costs more, but it includes a lot more and comes with the Thyroid panel. So add up the cost and see which works best for you. You don't need a doctor to prescribe these labs for you, but insurance will not cover them.

Have you ever touched any "supplements" bro?
24 y.o. 496 ng/dl....I'd like to see that at 796 or 896 ng/dl...
there might be ways to boost it...
Try not to drink and/or abuse your body. Get a sleep study done...
you might have sleep apnea...I had it and never knew it for years!

Looks like the 40's to me and that matches up with what I have always heard.

there's no way T.T. climbs from the early twenties to 40 y.o. in males...
Who made that graph?
an 18 year old with 900 ng/dl of T.T. in his system will continue to produce more T.T. up till 40 y.o.?
Impossible.

Megatron. I think they did run a thyroid panel. I still need to go in and get my paper results. They were trying not to give too much information over the phone but did tell me my test numbers and that everything else checked out. Ill get them and post them.

And no I'm not taking any test boosters now. And thanks for the info on those lab tests. Ill look into them. In the mean time Ill keep focusing on lifting hard and eating right so my next test will hopefully look better.

Apollon, I bet I have taken some "supplements". A few years ago I took some over the counter stuff That helped me jump from 180 up to 194 in a matter of a couple few months with pretty minimal effort as far as days per week lifting. And about a year ago I took something from that same shop that helped me get to a shredded 187. I'm sure it would have put on even mass if I hadn't been carb cycling.

I would like to see it at 900 too. I don't drink often and when I do its only a few. No sleep apnia either. I track my sleep with a phone application. My deep sleep cycles are sufficient and my REM is a little low. But I sleep through the night no problem. Minimal snoring.

I ran out of ZMA recently though (after the test). That definitelydefinitely promotes deep sleep for me. Any specific suggestions on brands? Last batch I was taking was universal.

Last edited:
If that is the case...then why are so many of us on this board (guys in 30's) fucked with low T?

I don't follow your question. How does hitting peak testosterone levels in your 40's relate to your question about having Low T in your 30's?

Also, you said that hitting your peak testosterone levels in your 40's was "impossible." What are you basing that statement on?

I don't follow your question. How does hitting peak testosterone levels in your 40's relate to your question about having Low T in your 30's?

Also, you said that hitting your peak testosterone levels in your 40's was "impossible." What are you basing that statement on?

I'm not sure...but the literature available online says the opposite...that we lose T after the age of 30 by 1% a year.
I'm no expert...nor am I fighting the theory that things could elevate as a male reaches 40 y.o.
There's just a lot of mixed info...confused doctors on this matter e.t.c.

Back