445x3 deadlift and fat posedown

I know I sounded kinda dorky on the vid, but now I have to share a story.

After bench training on Saturdays, we all hit up this awesome Italian place to grab a bite.

We all beat Rocco there one week, he had to stop at the atm or something. Well he had been telling us all week how huge his back was getting. We talked to one of the waitresses before he got there, and let me tell you this chick was awesome. She comes over to Rocco and says "Wow. I hardly recognized you. You have gotten so big. Is this room getting smaller or is your back getting that much bigger?"

Rocco bought it hook line and sinker. He never found out til Monday that we set him up.

So now the size of anything in the room is made by comparing it to Rocco's back.

So sounding like a dork was quite intentional on the vid.

I guess you have to know us to love us.

Assylum said:
As long as you tell me I lift like a man, then it's all good.

No aplogies needed, I have a gruffy, raspy old lady voice, and sometimes I sound like a man. I don't deny it for a second.

I thought the person spotting him on the deads was the same one talking later... simple mistake..... thats what I get for assuming...lol

jcp2 said:
i agree, i stopped doing anything but singles in my gear for this reason. My form ended up being real bad.

As for resetting. A deadlift is reset. It is a dead lift from the floor. Needsize can do whatever he wants, he pulled some sick singles for his bodyweight a while ago. I don't even think he pulls from the floor anymore. But i could be wrong on that.

When I deadlifted, it was touch and go, my gym had those octagon shaped plates, if you reset, they rolled...
I did pull a raw 625lbs at a bodyweight of 210lbs, but I dont dead anymore, my back was tiny when I was pulling those huge weights. I stopped deads due to injury, and ended up with a back way bigger....go figure

needsize said:
I stopped deads due to injury, and ended up with a back way bigger....go figure

Makes sense. After a set or two of heavy deads one will usually have no energy left to push themselves on anything else.

What is your primary back exercise right now?

Insane_Man said:
Makes sense. After a set or two of heavy deads one will usually have no energy left to push themselves on anything else.

What is your primary back exercise right now?

I am following Laura Binettis routines now, so it changes every week, lots of heavy rows, pulldowns, hammer rows, that sort of thing. basically very heavy, but changes every week so my body is always guessing. I am actually growing like crazy on her stuff

needsize said:
I am following Laura Binettis routines now, so it changes every week, lots of heavy rows, pulldowns, hammer rows, that sort of thing. basically very heavy, but changes every week so my body is always guessing. I am actually growing like crazy on her stuff

similar to DC?

Back