Advice for a 25 y.o. considering TRT

Hey guys,

My first post as a new member on the forum. I'm a 25 year old with around 400 ng T lvl, looking to optimize to around 700 ng, after doing lots of research on my own. Low-energy, insomnia/poor sleep quality, poor mood, poor mental endurance, and brain fog have always been a part of my life. I've always been a skinny, sickly, not so robust physical specimen, and I'm looking to optimize my life in the areas of energy, sleep quality, mood, and cognitive function. I've exhausted pretty much all the natural routes of improvement (diet, exercise, natural supplementations), and have 10+ years of experience as a voracious independent researcher, and still do not have the results I want.

Here's what I'm considering, based on tons of googling
100-200 mg T-cypionate once a week
500 IU HCG twice a week
aromatase inhibitor (need to research this one more)

TL ; DR
I'm considering 100 mg t-cypionate/week, 500 IU HCGx2/week, AI to increase T-lvl from 400 ng to 700 ng, to improve energy/sleep/mood/cognition. Solid reasoning? Any extra considerations? have positive/negative experiences?

welcome to the site! what are your levels now? LH, FSH, test, E2 etc? looks about right, arimidex for an ai. be sure to do blood works before to see your levels.

Last edited:
You're lucky if they take you man.
When i was in my 20s my Dr and all the Anti aging clincs wouldn't even look at me or return a email or phone call. I was prscribed testosterone by my Dr as of Yesterday. My T is 200. Thus far insurance is covering it.

Going from 400 to 700 will not be much of a noticeable difference. You will probably feel the exact same. Know what you are getting into. TRT is for life and you are very young. Did you ever try a restart? What is your LH in FSH? Are you hypogonadal. All this is important in deciding whether not to jump on the TRT bandwagon.

Are you self prescribing ? Or going through a doctor?

Are you planning to find a doctor or go it alone with black market?

My suggestion would be 150 mg/wk shot at 75 mg E3.5D, 500 IU HCG E3.5D, and aromasin for AI - start at a small dose and calibrate via blood testing after 8 weeks.

With all your research you should know once per week only works for some with high SHBG, most do better with more frequent shots. HCG double your dose to keep your boys in good working order. One of the sponsor sites has a great guide on how to dial in your dosages, and titrate test to the best level, over a period of time.

If going black market get a clomid/Nolva PCT just incase there is a stop.

We shut down our HPTA with TRT.

Back