Advice needed

Smilee21

Exotic is Erotic...
The original topic I had posted has been changed... Indecisive as I am, here is the real question I have that I need advice on.

Being a young single mother of a 5 yr old boy who is ready to date. I have friends that want to date me, some women and some men...

Do I just try it and see what happens? Or do I stay only friends with these individuals?

Last edited:
The original topic I had posted has been changed... Indecisive as I am, here is the real question I have that I need advice on.

Being a young single mother of a 5 yr old boy who is ready to date. I have friends that want to date me, some women and some men...

Do I just try it and see what happens? Or do I stay only friends with these individuals?

have a nice time when you can, without think absolutly about the futur.
i learnd these last month than life could be very very short;

if i was you, i have a dinner, see movie,etc...

anyway one thing is sure, what you see wrong, or not like you want in your partner, will NOT change or desapear; if you see something than you don't approve in the comportement of the guy, will be the same whatever that could begin the story.

proceed step by step, guys have to be as knights! not too servant not too master. a mix about the both.

this is a tough situation and I've been there. It sounds like you don't have special feelings for your FB so ending it wouldn't hurt emotionally. Obviously you are close to him so could you remain friends without the benefits if you were to see someone else?

If you feel ready, then I would start testing the waters to see what comes up. You never know what could develop with somebody and you might regret it later if you don't give them a chance.

im a little confused on this topic so any help would be cool.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Trumpet Wedding Dresses|New Style Wedding Dresses|Wedding Dresses with Sleeves|New Style Flower Girl Dresses|Column Wedding Dresses

I was a little confused also at the time of writing it.

I am scared to date friends bc I don't want to ruin a good friendship.

I have been asked out on dates and have been hesitiant to go on them. So I avoid the topic or conversation with them all together.

It's taken me a while to be ok to be single and by myself, I need to keep it that way for a while.

I needed to try to see things from another's perspective but it didn't work the way I wanted it too. I made myself more confused, so I just released all those thoughts and emotions and have left it behind me.

So at this time, no advice is needed any longer.

I'm a confused Lil girl sometimes but that's bc I over analyze way to much a hard habit to break but I am trying my best.

I was a little confused also at the time of writing it.

I am scared to date friends bc I don't want to ruin a good friendship.

I have been asked out on dates and have been hesitiant to go on them. So I avoid the topic or conversation with them all together.

It's taken me a while to be ok to be single and by myself, I need to keep it that way for a while.

I needed to try to see things from another's perspective but it didn't work the way I wanted it too. I made myself more confused, so I just released all those thoughts and emotions and have left it behind me.

So at this time, no advice is needed any longer.

I'm a confused Lil girl sometimes but that's bc I over analyze way to much a hard habit to break but I am trying my best.

Hon i was married for 18 years before,and been divorced for 6 years,and it took me a long time to figure out who i was and i had to rediscover who I was and what i really wanted,I had to learn to like and love myself again before i even thought about going out again,because i got hurt really bad and i didnt want to jump back in the dating game,I wish you the best of luck and just listen to your heart,you will know when its time,hope this helps,everyone deserves to be happy,as you will be again,just takes time............like i said it took me a long time,then just one night i met this awesome lady,and my whole life changed forever,i fell in love with her and in love with her,when i was married i never was in love,i loved her but not in love

my ex and i have 2 children together,but thats all that was good in our relationship,cause she left me and took me for a ride,and i had to start over at 41 years old and thats been tough,but with my wife now,i feel ive known her all my life,and im more happier than ive ever been in my personal life

And trust me,it was worth the wait

Hon i was married for 18 years before,and been divorced for 6 years,and it took me a long time to figure out who i was and i had to rediscover who I was and what i really wanted,I had to learn to like and love myself again before i even thought about going out again,because i got hurt really bad and i didnt want to jump back in the dating game,I wish you the best of luck and just listen to your heart,you will know when its time,hope this helps,everyone deserves to be happy,as you will be again,just takes time............like i said it took me a long time,then just one night i met this awesome lady,and my whole life changed forever,i fell in love with her and in love with her,when i was married i never was in love,i loved her but not in love

my ex and i have 2 children together,but thats all that was good in our relationship,cause she left me and took me for a ride,and i had to start over at 41 years old and thats been tough,but with my wife now,i feel ive known her all my life,and im more happier than ive ever been in my personal life

And trust me,it was worth the wait

Yes, time is still needed to heal and love me fully. I also was never in love only had love for my son's father we were together thru my entire 20's. Starting off my 30's single is a challenge all my other friends are married or about to get married and look so dang happy.

I know that one day my day will come, I just need to continue to work on myself first and be the best mommy I can be. My son is my world:)

Thank you Bulleyes for giving me hope

Yes, time is still needed to heal and love me fully. I also was never in love only had love for my son's father we were together thru my entire 20's. Starting off my 30's single is a challenge all my other friends are married or about to get married and look so dang happy.

I know that one day my day will come, I just need to continue to work on myself first and be the best mommy I can be. My son is my world:)

Thank you Bulleyes for giving me hope
you are quiet welcome;)

If your son is your world.... then you need to be careful who and how often your dates enter this world. Young kids at that age are in their formative years. It is best not to bring "dates" into his world. You want to protect his developing character. My opinion, a young child does not need to know about mommy or daddy dating until they are at least 10 or older. Everything you do and say will mold your child each and every day. They are walking camcorders and put what they see & learn into their fabric of who they are becoming.

Life has boundaries.... when those boundaries get crossed, things get messy. Sex typically complicates matters when it is between "friends". I'm an older gal.... lots of "been there's done that". I speak from experiences....

im a firm believer in using your instincts to guide you. Make sure you feel comfortable with who you are and where your at in life and then at some point you will have to take a leap of faith. You might get hurt if you open up but if you dont open up you willl never find what your looking for!

Kevin

If your son is your world.... then you need to be careful who and how often your dates enter this world. Young kids at that age are in their formative years. It is best not to bring "dates" into his world. You want to protect his developing character. My opinion, a young child does not need to know about mommy or daddy dating until they are at least 10 or older. Everything you do and say will mold your child each and every day. They are walking camcorders and put what they see & learn into their fabric of who they are becoming.

Life has boundaries.... when those boundaries get crossed, things get messy. Sex typically complicates matters when it is between "friends". I'm an older gal.... lots of "been there's done that". I speak from experiences....

I totally agree with you. I do not bring people I "date" around my son. My ex and I split up March of 2010 and I have not had a BF this entire time. I have hung out with guys over the course of the last 2 years but this has always been when my son is with his Father.

If and when I do start dating someone seriously and we decide to take it to the next level he will not come around my son until I know he is the type of person I want in my life permantely.

My best friends are guys (there are 4 of them)... They are the only men I let come in contact with my son bc they are excellent role models.

I am very cautious and need to stay that way...

Avoiding your friends to avoiding responses to your friends because you are not sure may not be the right way. They are your friends anyway, tell them how you feel. Maybe just go out alone with them. Not a date "date", just go and have some fun. No kisses, no holding hands, just go out and laugh and spend time together.

If he makes an approach and you're not sure, give him a hug and say not ready.

Its a tough one - I've been there, and as the man who fancied my best gf. But I understood.

So anyway after we had sex... jk

Back