Advice on training routine

jambokris

I posted this in a thread but never got a reply so was hoping if I started a new thread someone could help me out

i would like some advice on my training program

monday

chest

flat bp
incline bp
decline bp
fly press palms facing in
close grip bp

Triceps

bent over tricep ext
behind head tricep ext
barbell tricep ext
tricep dips

tuesday

legs

squats with dumbells
dumbell lunges
dead lifts
calf raises
leg extensions
hamstring curls

wednesday -rest

thursday

back

1 arm dumbell rows
pull ups
bent over barbell rows
reverse fly ext
trapezius shrugs

biceps

bicep curls
straight arm curls
vertical hand bicep curls

friday

abs crunches
abs burn out
side leg ext
lower leg raises

forearms

forearm extensions
forearm curls

shoulder

shoulder press dumbells palms facing out
shoulder press dumbells palms facing in
side shoulder raises
front raises
bent over reverse flys

saturday sunday rest.

whats peoples thoughts on this program, also i am doing most of my training at home just now as i dont have time to get to the gym so was wondering if there is any other good exercises for my back as i cant do pull downs. i was also wondering if i am leaving too much rest time between muscle groups or is a week fine?

i would do

monday- chest
tuesday- back
wednsday- legs
thursday- traps and shoulders
friday- biceps triceps forearms

my reason for giving each muscle group their own day is i really prefer not to work the secondary muscle group with the main focus for the day...for example chest and triceps as you listed, by the time you get a nice chest workout in and make it to triceps, your triceps are relatively burnt out already therefore your strength during triceps training would not be on point so to speak.

try giving arms their own day i think youll like that more.

also i would move your deadlifts to back rather than legs and do some light hack squats in place of them on your leg day.

you have reverse fly ext listed for back also i would switch that to shoulder day lay flat on a 30 degree incline with your chest down go light weight for reps then go to like a peck deck face the opposite direction and go a little heavier and hold contraction...all for rear delts. very important to building that perfect physique.

and you can throw a light abb routine in ever other day if you want, i personally slack all together in the abb department untill summer comes around.

Last edited:
i would do

monday- chest
tuesday- back
wednsday- legs
thursday- traps and shoulders
friday- biceps triceps forearms

my reason for giving each muscle group their own day is i really prefer not to work the secondary muscle group with the main focus for the day...for example chest and triceps as you listed, by the time you get a nice chest workout in and make it to triceps, your triceps are relatively burnt out already therefore your strength during triceps training would not be on point so to speak.

try giving arms their own day i think youll like that more.

also i would move your deadlifts to back rather than legs and do some light hack squats in place of them on your leg day.

you have reverse fly ext listed for back also i would switch that to shoulder day lay flat on a 30 degree incline with your chest down go light weight for reps then go to like a peck deck face the opposite direction and go a little heavier and hold contraction...all for rear delts. very important to building that perfect physique.

and you can throw a light abb routine in ever other day if you want, i personally slack all together in the abb department untill summer comes around.

cheers for the advice much appreciated

I posted this in a thread but never got a reply so was hoping if I started a new thread someone could help me out

i would like some advice on my training program

monday

chest

flat bp
incline bp
decline bp
fly press palms facing in
close grip bp

Triceps

bent over tricep ext
behind head tricep ext
barbell tricep ext
tricep dips

tuesday

legs

squats with dumbells
dumbell lunges
dead lifts
calf raises
leg extensions
hamstring curls

wednesday -rest

thursday

back

1 arm dumbell rows
pull ups
bent over barbell rows
reverse fly ext
trapezius shrugs

biceps

bicep curls
straight arm curls
vertical hand bicep curls

friday

abs crunches
abs burn out
side leg ext
lower leg raises

forearms

forearm extensions
forearm curls

shoulder

shoulder press dumbells palms facing out
shoulder press dumbells palms facing in
side shoulder raises
front raises
bent over reverse flys

saturday sunday rest.

whats peoples thoughts on this program, also i am doing most of my training at home just now as i dont have time to get to the gym so was wondering if there is any other good exercises for my back as i cant do pull downs. i was also wondering if i am leaving too much rest time between muscle groups or is a week fine?

How much weight, how many sets/reps, what is your tempo on these exercises being performed, do you increase incremently after each set? Sorry I am a very detail orientated person, it helps to gather as much info as possible.

How much weight, how many sets/reps, what is your tempo on these exercises being performed, do you increase incremently after each set? Sorry I am a very detail orientated person, it helps to gather as much info as possible.

Would take al day to go thru them all but for bench press for instance as it stands 70 kilo a steady tempo 3 sets of 5 to 6 reps adding 2.5 kilo to the 3rd set then add 10 kilo and push 1 or 2 this gives u an idea of how the routine works ,same for back,as for shoulder exercises I don't add extra weight after sets I just do 4 sets and hold the reps a second longer

Would take al day to go thru them all but for bench press for instance as it stands 70 kilo a steady tempo 3 sets of 5 to 6 reps adding 2.5 kilo to the 3rd set then add 10 kilo and push 1 or 2 this gives u an idea of how the routine works ,same for back,as for shoulder exercises I don't add extra weight after sets I just do 4 sets and hold the reps a second longer

Ok... I understand

thank you...

Back