Age question - private lab testing

nike1990

Old Dog, New Tricks
Hey brothers. Got another question for y'all with a unique situation. I'm trying to get my younger brother into lifting as he's on the rather underweight side. He says he's been eating in a caloric surplus and his training regimen is pretty decent. It got me thinking, maybe his test is low? It unfortunately seems to run in our family so I recommended he get a blood test. He cannot go to his doctor though as he already asked and his MD got suspicious. I took the liberty of calling labcorp and asking if there was a minimum age to get blood tests done, and they said no. He's 17, but they did say he needs a doctors note. If he got the female hormone panel through privatemdlabs.com, would that allow him to receive the necessary paperwork to complete the test? It was Labcorp whom I spoke to on the phone. Sorry for the wall of text, I wish I could be of better use to the kid but he seems like it would be more helpful getting feedback here. Thanks brothers, I'll await your responses.

That test is the one most use yes. However from my experience, I'm not a dr or medical professional and don't claim to be and this is my opinion not fact, there is probably nothing wrong with him. There are very few 17 year olds that are eating right, when I say few I'd say less than 1%. All "skinny" teens/young men think their metabolism is too high or there is something wrong with them when in fact they are perfectly normal. I have a 22 yo brother that has been complaining for years that he can't gain weight no matter how much he lifts or eats, he lifts for about a week every 3-4 months then complains he's not gaining so he stops, then he says well I eat all the time and I can't gain, "I eat candy bars and cereal and sweets all the time and can't gain weight" well it has nothing to do with your genetics I say, it's because you're eating shit and training poorly. Idk this individual you speak of of but I bet a closer evaluation of diet and training will reveal the problem and it probably ain't "Low T" 17 is a very immature "know-it-all" age that is usually doing everything backwards in diet.

That test is the one most use yes. However from my experience, I'm not a dr or medical professional and don't claim to be and this is my opinion not fact, there is probably nothing wrong with him. There are very few 17 year olds that are eating right, when I say few I'd say less than 1%. All "skinny" teens/young men think their metabolism is too high or there is something wrong with them when in fact they are perfectly normal. I have a 22 yo brother that has been complaining for years that he can't gain weight no matter how much he lifts or eats, he lifts for about a week every 3-4 months then complains he's not gaining so he stops, then he says well I eat all the time and I can't gain, "I eat candy bars and cereal and sweets all the time and can't gain weight" well it has nothing to do with your genetics I say, it's because you're eating shit and training poorly. Idk this individual you speak of of but I bet a closer evaluation of diet and training will reveal the problem and it probably ain't "Low T" 17 is a very immature "know-it-all" age that is usually doing everything backwards in diet.

Well said! Get him onto 3J bro... Get that diet fixed. Cost of 3js plans not much more than the price of labs anyway lol.

Back