Alcohol & Bodybuilding

being an aussie 18 year old i like to get shit faced off full strength beer every friday night :|

i work out everyday except for saturday.. suggestions? im trying to lose body fat but i love beer so much... (well not so much the beer, but getting drunk)

merck said:
I'm a freshman in college, survived my first semester with no drinking and still continue to not drink. I feel that temporary satisfaction and indulgence isn't conducive towards achieving a goal, especially one as time consuming and intensive as bodybuilding. Why would you honestly spend money on more food and more supplements in an attempt to counteract a fuck up which could have simply been avoided had one realize that it is only temporary satisfaction. Just keep your head straight and you'll be fine...btw.....it fucks up protein synthesis for up to 2 weeks after drinking.

best advice here. i chose the same path. extremely hard when out with friends and i admit i have broken my personal promises on more than one occasion but its worth it

I would think an occasional drink or two might be good for the kidneys while on AAS. Keep in mind that chronic alcohol use permanantly limits the body's own production of natural HGH, and no supplements like GBL, GHB, BDO, etc. will reverse these effects. Binge drinking every weekend in college could make it very difficult for your body to bulk up naturally later on, and unfortunately you don't hear this information commonly outside of medical journals.

No, 2-3 x a mo. shouldn't affect your training that much. Even if u do get shitfaced 1 out of the 3 times don't think it'd make that big a diff.
I was in college before 2. Used to drink and smoke bud alot. It did affect my gains, but at the time I just wanted to be toned and I was, so it didn't really matter. Now I'm more serious about bodybuilding and taking care of myself, so I only endulge on RARE occassions. But what the hell, u're in college, might as well enjoy yourself while u're there, just don't take it too far. have fun :) :druggie:

goiterjoe said:
I would think an occasional drink or two might be good for the kidneys while on AAS.

Maybe some cranberry juice is good for the kidneys but not cranberry with grey goose. Two yrs. ago I was a huge drinker and for a while. I decided to do with BBing and dieting what I did with drinking and Im lookin and feelina lot better. If your natural though and in college enjoy yourself. You will probably get sick of it though like me. Dont drink on juice it's disasterous.

Back