Anavar after prohormones (female)

Took me years and loads of research to decide to take the prohormones and var. More reading to do... Thanks

After doing the research and deciding to take the plunge it sounds to me like you bought some fake or mis-labeled stuff. Why not get some real var from a legit source, and not worry?

Well, f#%k! Liver enzymes are high. ALT is 152 and AST is just above normal at 49. First time ever. Needless to say I've tossed the var, or whatever it actually is. REALLY SUCKS. I'll be reluctant to even look for another source. :-(

I know some liver enzyme elevation is to be expected. Normal ranges are: AST 10 -40, ALT 7-56. My AST was just above normal the ALT a little more than 2.5 above normal.

Are these levels to be expected during cycle?

It's disturbing because I've never had any elevation, but I also never tested during prohormone use. I don't drink, take any meds, not even Tylenol.

Appreciate your input, especially b/c you guys haven't been condescending. It's one thing to read all the sides and research, another to experience it.

Sorry i didn't see you replied cool so what were your dosages and for what? So eg 30 mg of var daily 10 mg yk 11 ed ect ???
So if you're talking about the hunger associated with mk 677?
Its not to bad but yes you do get hungry and might put on a tiny amount of water weight just from the elevated growth hormone but that will go away but you get other great effects
That you will probably appreciate as a girl better skin stronger better looking hair and nails overall muscle growth improved sleep better mood increased healing time

but as for the th1 and th2 i have no idea and i don't want to give you any medical advice because im definitely not a doctor :) but ive only found mk 677 and ghrp peptides (basically the same thing only help injuries especially inflamation broken bones ect ive got a busted leg knees shoulder from a motorcycle accident
i used mk and ghrp peptides with tb 500 for regab rehab. Any who start a thread so everyone can pitch in and help or if you have any questions just shoot me a pm

I can't pm yet (can I receive pm?) and posting takes some time to show up on the forum. I'm a little freaked out by the Anavar. Short of breath and slightly elevated systolic bp. However my elevated liver enzymes are worrisome. I'm a bit of a health nut so doing anything that, regardless of positives, has negative health implications is difficult to justify. I never had my levels tested during prohormone use. Afterward they were fine. What I used was basically a precursor to Turinabol, and it was amazing. I started the var too soon, is what I think. Dumb.

After the call from my doc, I was about to dump the Anavar, but I think I increased dosage too much & too quickly. So I'm waivering (rolling my eyes, the gains are hard to give up though)... maybe gonna stick with 5 mg? My source has been using it along with other gear that's legitimate, so I don't know what to think about its efficacy. If I decide to finish the cycle I'll have my levels checked again after. I'm big on figuring out what works for me and as a first time user, I didn't know how it would affect me. I do think my gains have been minimal because I hadn't lost the gains from the prohormone. I have to wonder how much could I expect it to increase my strength when I was already at a peak. For bench, I use 70 lb dumbbells for reps by myself. I one arm row 85 lbs six times, and do 'real' pull-ups' in double digits. I've been lifting more than half my life, and seriously, not doing hundreds of reps with 5 lb dumbbells. Not sure I want to deal with the health implications of AAS though. I can get where I want to with diet, was looking for a little help though.

MK677 & YK-11 sound incredible, but I've read MK677 can cause an increase in cancer cells? I won't start either until I've gotten my liver enzymes back to normal. I'd be taking just one or both of them no AAS no prohormones. Started a thread in the women's forum regarding SARMs, but don't think it's up yet.

I've been reading posts on this site and others for a few years now. Only decided to use the var recently, thus all the questions. It sucks that my experience isn't as positive as a lot of the females I've read. And, of course, no one has the exact same set of circumstances as me...so more questions.

Thanks for your help so far. Any additional info would be much appreciated.

Mmm were to start lol
I would say yes you probably upped the dosage to quickly that plus a high protein diet would shoot you're levels up id say . Var is one of those steroids that takes time to see results even though its an oral its still a mild form of aas

Were you or are you taking any liver support supps nac tudca milk thistle? ??? All those will help get those values down plus you need to be drinking enough water especially on oral aas

Good idea about waiting before starting the sarms get your liver sorted out before jumping on the yk 11 it is methylated so liver support is a good idea so id wait until you're all good
Yeah you need 50 posts to pm my bad but yeah im pretty sure you can still receive them just not reply

As for the cancer and the mk deal im fairly sure that the idea behind that is the same with growth hormone so basically you're body is producing more growth hormone so if you have a tumor or cancer it will make it grow faster but in mks case this has not be proven or found at all with all the research ive done ive only found proof of the opposite but jump on Google and have a looksee im not a doctor though i don't advise anyone to take aas or any ped if they have cancer all of that is way above my pay grade lol
Ill check out your sarms thread tonight hope this helped

I can't pm yet (can I receive pm?) and posting takes some time to show up on the forum. I'm a little freaked out by the Anavar. Short of breath and slightly elevated systolic bp. However my elevated liver enzymes are worrisome. I'm a bit of a health nut so doing anything that, regardless of positives, has negative health implications is difficult to justify. I never had my levels tested during prohormone use. Afterward they were fine. What I used was basically a precursor to Turinabol, and it was amazing. I started the var too soon, is what I think. Dumb.

After the call from my doc, I was about to dump the Anavar, but I think I increased dosage too much & too quickly. So I'm waivering (rolling my eyes, the gains are hard to give up though)... maybe gonna stick with 5 mg? My source has been using it along with other gear that's legitimate, so I don't know what to think about its efficacy. If I decide to finish the cycle I'll have my levels checked again after. I'm big on figuring out what works for me and as a first time user, I didn't know how it would affect me. I do think my gains have been minimal because I hadn't lost the gains from the prohormone. I have to wonder how much could I expect it to increase my strength when I was already at a peak. For bench, I use 70 lb dumbbells for reps by myself. I one arm row 85 lbs six times, and do 'real' pull-ups' in double digits. I've been lifting more than half my life, and seriously, not doing hundreds of reps with 5 lb dumbbells. Not sure I want to deal with the health implications of AAS though. I can get where I want to with diet, was looking for a little help though.

MK677 & YK-11 sound incredible, but I've read MK677 can cause an increase in cancer cells? I won't start either until I've gotten my liver enzymes back to normal. I'd be taking just one or both of them no AAS no prohormones. Started a thread in the women's forum regarding SARMs, but don't think it's up yet.

I've been reading posts on this site and others for a few years now. Only decided to use the var recently, thus all the questions. It sucks that my experience isn't as positive as a lot of the females I've read. And, of course, no one has the exact same set of circumstances as me...so more questions.

Thanks for your help so far. Any additional info would be much appreciated.

50 posts are required to send pms.

Well, f#%k! Liver enzymes are high. ALT is 152 and AST is just above normal at 49. First time ever. Needless to say I've tossed the var, or whatever it actually is. REALLY SUCKS. I'll be reluctant to even look for another source. :-(

stick to the sponsors here.

Been taking Milk Thistle regularly for years, NAC (only 600 mg once daily, now taking it twice). I ran out of liv 52 (Himalaya Livercare) before I started the var so maybe it was heavily instrumental in keeping my liver enzymes in check during the prohormone use. Adding it back along with dandelion. I'm doing a liver detox and taking coconut activated charcoal (should be noted that this is probably not good to take on cycle with orals as it can affect absorption of any meds or supplements). I hadn't heard of TUDCA, but may incorporate it as well. I've been, and still am, drinking close to two gallons of water daily, still thirsty as hell so this hasn't changed. Urine has been close to clear except for the discoloration after taking some supplements.

I'm confident my levels will be fine when re-tested. Definitely overreacted at the initial news. :ugh:

Thanks again.

Been taking Milk Thistle regularly for years, NAC (only 600 mg once daily, now taking it twice). I ran out of liv 52 (Himalaya Livercare) before I started the var so maybe it was heavily instrumental in keeping my liver enzymes in check during the prohormone use. Adding it back along with dandelion. I'm doing a liver detox and taking coconut activated charcoal (should be noted that this is probably not good to take on cycle with orals as it can affect absorption of any meds or supplements). I hadn't heard of TUDCA, but may incorporate it as well. I've been, and still am, drinking close to two gallons of water daily, still thirsty as hell so this hasn't changed. Urine has been close to clear except for the discoloration after taking some supplements.

I'm confident my levels will be fine when re-tested. Definitely overreacted at the initial news. :ugh:

Thanks again.

All good let me know how you go

CVL's var is 100% legit. I have used it personally. My wife has used it. It sounds like you are making progress despite being in a caloric deficit. That wouldn't be happening unless you are a noob or you are taking steroids. It doesn't sound like you are a noob.

Just curious, can you post up your blood work? I would love to see where your hormone levels are coming in at. It would also be interesting to see your daily diet macros.

Also, just my two cents (and I am not trying to sell you anything), but Var is going to be way better than SARMs.

Were you or are you taking any liver support supps milk thistle?

Yep. I take milk thistle year round, been taking NAC for a few months. Ran out of Liv-52 and sat on my bum a while before ordering more. Currently using coconut activated charcoal, Liv-52 and dandelion extract in addition to the milk thistle & NAC (1200 mg daily).

CVL's var is 100% legit. I have used it personally. My wife has used it. It sounds like you are making progress despite being in a caloric deficit. That wouldn't be happening unless you are a noob or you are taking steroids. It doesn't sound like you are a noob.

Just curious, can you post up your blood work? I would love to see where your hormone levels are coming in at. It would also be interesting to see your daily diet macros.

Also, just my two cents (and I am not trying to sell you anything), but Var is going to be way better than SARMs.

I appreciate your post. For more than a few reasons, I'm leaning toward the theory that what I had was dianabol not anavar, so yes, I was still taking steroids, just unknown as to what it really was. I'm definitely a noob to PEDs, but not to lifting, been doing that for a loooooong time.

I hadn't yet had my hormone levels checked when I got the blood results back from my doc. Which brings me to more questions, best time to do so after I've started another cycle? And what levels should I be looking for?

I don't know if I previously posted my specifics. I'm 5'5", 128, about 18% b.f. which is high due to an injury two years ago that's had me up & down with training and basically all physical activities.
Macros: 165 g protein, 33 g fat, carbs 60 g (net). I've found that I can exchange my carbs and fat with little difference in results as long as I hit my protein and stay at/under 1200 calories. What it affects though is my energy level. A difference of 10 fat grams less had me lethargic. My dietary sugar consumption is as close to zero as I can get. Today was 11 g. Also, most of my protein is salmon, tuna, egg whites, whey and sometimes Greek yogurt (I'm doing no dairy at the moment to see if/how it has any benefits), only occasional red meat. I've dropped to 1100 calories before for a couple months, but was flipping miserable and cravings for carbs was horrendous.

I'd be happy to post my workouts, but might embarrass some people.
:laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh:

Just sitting tight for a few more weeks to get confirmation that my liver is good to go. Thanks very much.

Mmmm honestly I'm not saying this because im a rep for a sarm company but i think yk 11 is definitely better than anavar .

Ive used var a few times and i was lucky enough to get some real British dragon and some nice liquid var both of them were good but i would much prefer yk the strength muscle hardness and fullness and overall lean gains all trump var in my opinion . I love steroids but i have to disagree here lol sorry mega

Mmmm honestly I'm not saying this because im a rep for a sarm company but i think yk 11 is definitely better than anavar .

Ive used var a few times and i was lucky enough to get some real British dragon and some nice liquid var both of them were good but i would much prefer yk the strength muscle hardness and fullness and overall lean gains all trump var in my opinion . I love steroids but i have to disagree here lol sorry mega

YK11 is a synthetic steroid (I think you mentioned that in a previous post, blakey), derivative of DHT. The research states "Our results suggest that YK11 might act as selective androgen receptor modulator (SARM)."

My biggest concern is that there are no animal trials; it's only been tested in vitro. Also, one of the benefits of SARMs is reduced liver toxicity (because the methyl groups are replaced by halocarbon?), but YK11 doesn't have this benefit as it contains 4 methyl (CH3) groups.

The fact that YK11 hasn't been around very long is a bit of a deterrent. Anavar/oxandrolone has been in use more than 50 years though. :-/

I'm not a biochemist nor do I play one on TV, so I certainly could have misunderstood something I read. Don't mean to be all negative, but after my shitty experience with what I thought was var I want to be confident in the legitimacy & efficacy of anything I use in the future.

As always, I really appreciate any input.

https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/21372378

YK11 is a synthetic steroid (I think you mentioned that in a previous post, blakey), derivative of DHT. The research states "Our results suggest that YK11 might act as selective androgen receptor modulator (SARM)."

My biggest concern is that there are no animal trials; it's only been tested in vitro. Also, one of the benefits of SARMs is reduced liver toxicity (because the methyl groups are replaced by halocarbon?), but YK11 doesn't have this benefit as it contains 4 methyl (CH3) groups.

The fact that YK11 hasn't been around very long is a bit of a deterrent. Anavar/oxandrolone has been in use more than 50 years though. :-/

I'm not a biochemist nor do I play one on TV, so I certainly could have misunderstood something I read. Don't mean to be all negative, but after my shitty experience with what I thought was var I want to be confident in the legitimacy & efficacy of anything I use in the future.

Someone who does there own research and doesn't take the word of a random dude on the internet, I like it :)

Your right about the zero animal trials but even more importantly, zero human trials. That means we have absolutely no idea what the side effects, results etc are especially in relation to women. The same can be said for most sarms, re lack of data. As a result, as Mega stated above, choosing a SARM over AAS is a stupid choice indeed.

If you Google search "steroid lab results", an obvious link should pop up giving you an idea of brands are testing well & which ones are not. It should be of some use to you.

Last edited:

Yeah you're definitely right there isn't much info to go off as yet for yk i did a log for ss way before i was a rep and i couldn't find any other logs on the net at all there was one started on reddit and had about 3 posts and that was it so yes its very new lol

And yes in my opinion it is a designer steroid not a sarm the main reason i said it would be worth a look into was
The results ive seen from using it were very similar to var and winstrol and you weren't sure if you're var was legit and i know for a fact sarmsearchs yk is definitely legit and works

But yeah var would be the safer bet you know what to expect there's thousands of girls running var doing logs and yes its been around for 50 plus years so we know about long term side's ect ect

Someone who does there own research and doesn't take the word of a random dude on the internet, I like it :)

Your right about the zero animal trials but even more importantly, zero human trials. That means we have absolutely no idea what the side effects, results etc are especially in relation to women. The same can be said for most sarms, re lack of data. As a result, as Mega stated above, choosing a SARM over AAS is a stupid choice indeed.

If you Google search "steroid lab results", an obvious link should pop up giving you an idea of brands are testing well & which ones are not. It should be of some use to you.

Thanks, found some really good sites!

Back