Anavar question about collagen synthesis and muscle endurance

speedkills87

I have been doing alot of surfing online looking for the answers to the following questions, but no cigar... If anyone knows I would greatly appreciate you sharing your knowledge with me. Anyway, Im wondering what dosage of anavar would be best for muscle endurance boosts without the crippling pumps caused by higher doses which would be counter-productive for many athletes. I was thinking maybe 40-50mg/day.
My other question is about the collagen synthesis benefits of anavar. Is there a certain dosage that once exceed, the benefits dont increase anymore beyond that point? So Im basically asking if there is a point of diminishing returns.

I am going to assume you are going to be adding anavar to a testosterone cycle and not by itself as that would in itself be counter productive and a waste of time and money.

If your anavar is real a moderate dose of 40-60 mgs ran with testosterone is sufficient for lean gains and muscle endurance without the massive pumps, mind you this is completely user specific and you need to find your own sweet spot, 40 to 60 is mine. Anything above that the only real difference is in strength, body composition changes are very minimal from 60 to 100 for me but I love var and run it in the high end when I run it.

My other question is about the collagen synthesis benefits of anavar. Is there a certain dosage that once exceed, the benefits dont increase anymore beyond that point? So Im basically asking if there is a point of diminishing returns.

It's an interesting question. Based on a review from 2009 (which I have perused but not fully read yet), most clinical studies looking at anavar for wound healing (it has been studied a bit for thermal injury) used doses of 20mg/day. It is effective for this purpose at this dose. It looks like more work needs to be done to determine if the effects on soft tissue reconstruction are dose dependent and where the limit is in terms of risk:benefit

Here is the abstract. I can access the full text, but unless you have a university affiliation, you likely can't. I can email you a pdf of the article if you pm me your address

Pharmacotherapy. 2009 Feb;29(2):213-26. doi: 10.1592/phco.29.2.213.
Oxandrolone treatment in adults with severe thermal injury.
Miller JT1, Btaiche IF.
Author information
Abstract

Severe thermal injury is associated with hypermetabolism and hypercatabolism, leading to skeletal muscle breakdown, lean body mass loss, weight loss, and negative nitrogen balance. Muscle protein catabolism in patients with severe thermal injury is the result of stress-induced increased release of cytokines and counterregulatory hormones. Coupled with decreased serum anabolic hormone concentrations such as testosterone and growth hormone along with the presence of insulin resistance, anabolism in patients with severe thermal injury is inefficient or impossible during the acute postburn period. This causes difficulty in restoring lean body mass and regaining lost body weight, as well as poor healing of the burn wound and delayed patient recovery. Oxandrolone, a synthetic derivative of testosterone, has been used in adult patients with severe thermal injury to enhance lean body mass accretion, restore body weight, and accelerate wound healing. In clinical studies, oxandrolone 10 mg orally twice/day improved wound healing, restored lean body mass, and accelerated body weight gain. During the rehabilitation period, oxandrolone therapy with adequate nutrition and exercise improved lean body mass, increased muscle strength, and restored body weight. However, most data on oxandrolone use in adult patients with severe thermal injury are derived from single-center studies, many of which enrolled a relatively small number of subjects and some of which had a poor design. Multicenter, prospective, randomized studies are needed to better define the optimal oxandrolone dosage and to confirm the efficacy and safety of this drug in adult patients with severe thermal injury.

although... it looks like i can't pm. i have over 50 posts so i'm not sure what the issue is. do i have to be verified by a moderator or something?

although... it looks like i can't pm. i have over 50 posts so i'm not sure what the issue is. do i have to be verified by a moderator or something?

Yeah it may do... Ive heard of a couple people here havin to wait a few days after they hit 50 posts before they could PM.

Yea the anavar would be in addition to testosterone. Im happy with the strength gains with increased dosage but I also need endurance. I guess I'll have to find my sweet spot as you said.

Whats your dosing schedule and frequency. I know half life of anavar is 8 hours. Is twice a day enough, just splitting the days dose?

Anavar under the right dosage will improve procollagen synthesis. Test of anything above about 250 mg per week will begin to decrease it. Var, deca, primo, and eq also involve collagen synthesis but studies vary. Each of these are beneficial to an extent before apex of bell curve hits and it begins to become detrimental.

Prolotherapy is also an option:

Prolotherapy is an injection of an irritant solution that has proven to strengthen and grow tendons and ligaments. Many who have been denied surgery from doctors after significant injuries have chosen Prolotherapy, as it helps with the strengthening of weakened connective tissue and alleviating musculoskeletal pain. Doctor***8217;s are saying that, unlike corticosteroid injections, which provide a temporary fix, this is a more long-term benefit that is based off the stimulation of tissue growth. This growth also leads to a strengthening of the tendon or ligament. Prolotherapy is given by a slender needle similar to the hairline needles of the acupuncturist, into the fibro-osseous junction. This is the area where the tendon or ligament attaches to the bone. The substance used is sodium morrhuate which comes from cod liver fish oil and a local anesthetic. I have found that some doctors refer to the substance as a growth hormone but not technically an HGH as it does not contain collagen the same way HGH does. Repeated studies at the University of Iowa have shown that areas injected have increased in size by 35% to 40%, thus causing permanent strengthening. I found information on a doctor by the name of Gustav Hemwall who documented over 10,000 of his cases from the 1940***8217;s to 1990***8217;s and claimed 99% of patients found lasting relief from their chronic pain. It seems the goal and main idea behind the therapy is that each treatment session results in more and more tissue being laid down in the needed areas. As a result, the joints continue to become stronger. The patient notes more endurance, they can do more activities, as well as activities they couldn't do before. The main side effect of the treatment is less pain as a result of the joint being stabilized which causes some patients to push the joint prematurely and reinjure the location. Also, snapping, clicking, and popping sounds go away or decrease. The patients can usually feel the joint becoming stronger with each treatment they receive.
There is very little about Prolotherapy on the board. Lifetime Member Barchie had mentioned he had attempted Prolotherapy so hopefully he finds his way to this thread. This is the only post that has info on Prolotherapy that I could find on the whole board.
Mike4266
***8220;In my experience GH will cut the healing time down, not work miracles. One thing I have recently started trying and am getting good results from is prolotherapy. If you find the right doctor he can inject the GH right into the knee joint. Prolotherapy is a dextrose solution with some other ingredients that strengthens the tendons and ligaments, and greatly enhances the healing process. It's effects are minimal with cartlidge regeneration, however. This is where the GH comes in because the cartlidge in your knee has more GH receptors. Google prolotherapy for more information.***8221;

I know that our ligaments and tendons are comprised of collagen and HGH is probably the best drug at increasing collagen synthesis. It increases collagen synthesis in a dose dependant manner - the more you use, the more you will increase. It has also demonstrated this ability in short and long term studies. From what I've read, HGH at 6 iu/day increased the collagen deposition rate by around 250% in damaged collagen structures. I am aware that var, deca, primo, and eq also involve collagen but not to the same extent.

Hopefully these answers helped.

It's an interesting question. Based on a review from 2009 (which I have perused but not fully read yet), most clinical studies looking at anavar for wound healing (it has been studied a bit for thermal injury) used doses of 20mg/day. It is effective for this purpose at this dose. It looks like more work needs to be done to determine if the effects on soft tissue reconstruction are dose dependent and where the limit is in terms of risk:benefit

This is correct. Unless you are a massive dude, the 20 mg anavar per day dose is the one found to be effective in studies. Exceeding 50mg and were getting great aesthetic results for a sacrifice of ligament strength.

Anavar under the right dosage will improve procollagen synthesis. Test of anything above about 250 mg per week will begin to decrease it. Var, deca, primo, and eq also involve collagen synthesis but studies vary. Each of these are beneficial to an extent before apex of bell curve hits and it begins to become detrimental.

bud, your replying to a 2 year old thread, check your fire.

This is correct. Unless you are a massive dude, the 20 mg anavar per day dose is the one found to be effective in studies. Exceeding 50mg and were getting great aesthetic results for a sacrifice of ligament strength.

Not only is the thread old but you are wrong about ligament strength..... My grandma takes 20mg

Oh wait i think i read about high test weakening ligaments i do believe that is true. You write too much for my brain to spark interest

Last edited:
Back