anderson silva

Tsaunders

did anyone see that shit, when he knocked out chris leben in 49 seconds, amazing....... id like to see him fight rich franklin at middleweight

mister69 said:
He is a good fighter. But i am still a huge evan tanner fan as far as middle weights go.

you see that fight agains rich franklin when they fought at 185, he got beat to death, his face looked all swolen and puffy, really bad.....

dont quote me on this, but i think there is a match in the making between silva and franklin. it was silvas ufc debut, but apparently hes been running shit in other organizations

Silva is a top caliber fighter, but leben is not. I've been waiting for them to match him up against someone who isn't mediocre. I don't think silva stands much of a chance against Franklin though.

0nyx said:
dont quote me on this, but i think there is a match in the making between silva and franklin. it was silvas ufc debut, but apparently hes been running shit in other organizations

i saw something that ufc 63 i think it was going to be the winner of leben/silva fight to fight franklin. It maby have been 64.

For the love of god would people please watch Pride FC or at least look it up. Silva did well in pride, but he was never a champ, however he may have what it takes to beat franklin since the ufc is a little weaker these days.

Ian91 said:
For the love of god would people please watch Pride FC or at least look it up. Silva did well in pride, but he was never a champ, however he may have what it takes to beat franklin since the ufc is a little weaker these days.

i would watch pride.. if i knew when the fuck it was on :( is it all pay per view?? ive watched a couple king of the cages, the whole set up kinda boring and i feel like im a 4 year old watching a monster truck show with the bullshit announcing. haven't seen any decent fights either

0nyx said:
i would watch pride.. if i knew when the fuck it was on :( is it all pay per view?? ive watched a couple king of the cages, the whole set up kinda boring and i feel like im a 4 year old watching a monster truck show with the bullshit announcing. haven't seen any decent fights either

You are really missing out.

tanner lost to franklin but he didnt quit the refs called it

He has heart and i think is still in the top 3 for 185 in ufc.

He is a great grappler and is very composed in fights and overwells alot of guys like he did with levens wiht a flying triangle!.

mister69 said:
tanner lost to franklin but he didnt quit the refs called it

He has heart and i think is still in the top 3 for 185 in ufc.

He is a great grappler and is very composed in fights and overwells alot of guys like he did with levens wiht a flying triangle!.

I agree, but i would not wanna see another franklin tanner fight, tanner got pummeled man.

0nyx said:
Pride is nothing like king of the cage NOTHING. The caliber of fighter in pride is higher than that of the UFC esp in the hw, lhw, mw, and lw classes. The ufc ww class is the only good division they have right now. www.pridefc.com

ooo my buddy just got some videos of pride events, i will check em out.. he says there crazy

I dont think that silva would be able to stand up to franklins onslaught he is pretty brutal. silva could hope for a quick knockout but if not he would get rocked. I think silva should fight another striker first like mike swick. swick puts fools out quick too and they both long and lean. whoever won that should get franklin. but neither really looks like they could outlast franklin

Silva has fought numerous strikers b4, of a higher caliber than swick. The ufc is not the only org. out there silva is a very very established fighter.

Ian91 said:
Pride is nothing like king of the cage NOTHING. The caliber of fighter in pride is higher than that of the UFC esp in the hw, lhw, mw, and lw classes. The ufc ww class is the only good division they have right now. www.pridefc.com

Kind of hard to judge that when the weight classes don't match up.

Pride
Heavyweight: >205
Middleweight: <205
Welterweight: <183
Lightweight: <160

UFC
Heavyweight: 206-265
Light Heavyweight: 186-205
Middleweight: 171-185
Welterweight: 156-170
Lightweight: 146-155

The only class that matches up is the heavyweights, in which I do agree that PRIDE has the better fighters. But if you went by the UFC weight standards I think that the LHW is debatable but leans toward PRIDE. MW would go to UFC with Franklin knocking out Henderson. WW is hard to say bc nobody really fights at that weight in PRIDE. Technically Gomi would be a WW and would get his ass kicked by Hughes or GSP. If he dropped to LW then he would pound the shit out of the UFC fighters though. And the LW division in the UFC is coming back pretty fast.

Yeah I was shocked at how many fighters dropped to lightweight when they opened up the class in the UFC. The lightweight fights are very entertaining because most of them aren't powerful enough to do huge damage so you actually get to see them knock eachother around.

LiftTillIDie said:
Yeah I was shocked at how many fighters dropped to lightweight when they opened up the class in the UFC. The lightweight fights are very entertaining because most of them aren't powerful enough to do huge damage so you actually get to see them knock eachother around.

si

Back