Any hope getting off trt, lupron experience

Steve78

Long story but I’m on trt and always wished coming off for various reasons.

I’ve committed to trt essentially but recently came across a bottle of lupron from a pharmacy (similar to triptorelin a gonadal tropin releasing hormone, ie stimulates increase LH and fsh)

It’s used for prostate cancer cause long term chronic LH overstimulation causes LH suppression. Studies show that after the first week or two LH raises and testosterone rises accordingly

So here’s my story my last trt dose was 40 mg test and I ran lupron 1 mg daily for 12 days as well as enclomiphene 25 my and 10 mg nolva. Labs done at day 14 show LH .3, test levels still pending. I’m thinking I’m pretty damn shut down and not worth pursuing anymore?

we need more info. how long are you on TRT? why did you start in the first place? what were your levels at before? what dose are you on? etc etc

not to judge, but i can't imagine anyone wanting to go back after being at optimal test levels..

My TT in my life was never above 388 (age 29)... I’m 41 now, been on trt for maybe 5 years straight. Started trt initially because I cycled and wanted to blast and cruise, now at 41 I wish I was all natural and healthy

sounds a lot like my story lol only difference is i am a big believer in HRT. why have declining hormone levels when you don't have to? especially when you naturally have hypogonadism and you are 41 at the moment. they have testosterone undecanoate shots now that you do ideally like every 2-4 weeks. i would forget i'm even on trt if i did that.

i'm not here to talk you into staying on TRT i just think it would be the best thing for you because your natural state is actually not healthy.. but hey i'm no doctor!!

sounds a lot like my story lol only difference is i am a big believer in HRT. why have declining hormone levels when you don't have to? especially when you naturally have hypogonadism and you are 41 at the moment. they have testosterone undecanoate shots now that you do ideally like every 2-4 weeks. i would forget i'm even on trt if i did that.

i'm not here to talk you into staying on TRT i just think it would be the best thing for you because your natural state is actually not healthy.. but hey i'm no doctor!!
Well said! Appreciate the advice!!

I blast and cruised for 6 years took almost 2 years of clomid to get me back to normal and able to impregnate my partner

I also had 6 shots of Hmg the final 2 weeks I was on.

You’ll bounce back it just takes ages

I blast and cruised for 6 years took almost 2 years of clomid to get me back to normal and able to impregnate my partner

You’ll bounce back it just takes ages

Yeah but I’m 41 now, bouncing back for me is to what? My natural TT was 388 at age 29, been on trt for years with intermittent blasts of deca... just not sure if it’s worth pursuing to feel like crap and also as SoHo says it may be unhealthy

You***8217;ll bounce back it just takes ages

blast and cruise for 6 years is idiotic. as you can see it took you 2 years to recover and i bet your sides where all out of whack.bet your kid is all messed up too.

Only blasted twice a year how is that considered idiotic? And never did excessive doses. I’m a less is more type of guy.

Back