Any way to sterilize bad gear?

joliver

village idiot
I have some test prop. It is obviously "beyond it's expiration date." I was thinking it would be possible to put some BA in it and re-filter it, and I may be able to use it. I sure would hate for it to go to waste. Things are dry around here and I am running low.

Any thoughts?

Just for reading this post, I have a joke for you: two guys walk into a bar, and the third guy ducks! Get it? I know I suck...I am working on it.

i think your fine to just use it. have you used this lab before. if so was it smooth when you used it. if you must get a whatman filter and tranfer to a sterile vial. ??

It was smooth as silk 3 years ago when i used it. The bottles are unopened, but the first bottle i trashed, hurt me pretty badly a couple of weeks ago. Low grade fever, site irritation and whatnot. I could tell i was developing an abscess. Not good. I was wondering if i could dilute with BA and refilter and then have a stop gap until things got a bit easier.

It was smooth as silk 3 years ago when i used it. The bottles are unopened, but the first bottle i trashed, hurt me pretty badly a couple of weeks ago. Low grade fever, site irritation and whatnot. I could tell i was developing an abscess. Not good. I was wondering if i could dilute with BA and refilter and then have a stop gap until things got a bit easier.

I wouldn't add any BA to it unless it's crashed and won't go back into solution with heat... and BA is not something that you should "dilute" any injectable with.

Just refilter it.

I suspect that it may not be the juice but more likely a dirty inject that caused the pain unless your gear was shit to begin with... you're not entirely clear on what you mean by "obviously beyond its expiration date", can you please elaborate?

I am pretty sure that over time the preservatives in the gear has degraded and it has allowed for some bacterial growth. It was great gear a few years ago...I just want to see if I can clean it up a bit. Get some use out of it. Put some lipstick on that pig, so to speak. I just can't bring myself to throw it away. If there were any way to re-sterilize it, I would love to try it.

just to be sure i would just run it through a watman...ive spoke to guys using shit from the 90's with no problems should be good to go.
does it contain Ethyl oleate? if so it could have reacted with the stopper possibly.

Just run it through a .2 micron filter. Ba/bb will take years to degrade and I highly doubt thats the situation. BA is a anti microbial which only prevents new bacteria growth, so adding more ba will not do anything as it can't kill pre existing bacteria.

How far out of experation is it?

Is it possible to bake the gear, put it in the oven to re sterilize?

Going back like 10 years, Chinese gear (esp. a certain one) was loaded with BA and hurt like fuck... guys would ventilate their vials with a short pin and literally bake the BA out in their oven.

I haven't seen much mention of it lately and I don't know the procedure (temp, time, etc) but I suppose it would work for sterilization too.

Test is definitely cheap. But there is a drought in my area. So the next best thing is cleaning the gear that may be dirty.

Back