Anyone have any tips for lifting with a torn rotator

SJC

I am banned!
Specifically exercises. I went to the doc the other day after dealing with the sharp pain in my shoulder for months. I was avoiding going becuase I knew what the diagnosis would be. Xrays were done and I will be going back next week for the bad news. I've trained pretty hard the last year and am not looking forward to being out of commisison for months.

Even if I have to have surgery I'm going to wait until after the first of the year for insurance purposes. In the meantime what are some good exercises I can to to help possibly strengthen the tendon. I imagine I cant be the only one on here to deal with this.

The 2 min. Ultimate shoulder warm up is great. I try to do some form of this before every workout. I've had 2 shoulder surgeries on my left shoulder and separated the right one 3 times. Most of the time rotator cuffs tear because of an imbalance. You need to strengthen all of those little muscles in your back and these exercises are the ticket.

By the way the xray won't really tell them shit. You need an MRI.

Diesel Crew ? Muscle Building, Athletic Development, Strength Training, Grip Strength » How to Shoulder Rehab

Last edited:
Even if you stop lifting that side continue lifting... Do one arm exercises

I had issues with my left shoulder. I was unable to lift much of anything overhead with it. I went to see an ART "Active Release Therapy" doctor and he had me back using that arm within 2 months. Every case is different , I was just happy that it wasn't anythjng worse. Good luck hope you get back to 100% soon.

Back