Anyone here take their own blood

DucBase

I have to loose some due to my hemocrit level. I've put in IV's and the housewomen is a nurse so she should know this but neither of us know how the hell to take blood out.

well... ok ill bite..

i was a medic for years.. and yes, i know how to do it..

no, i will not tell you how to do it.. no, you shouldn't try it yourself.. there are some things that can go wrong.. have a professional do it

there are blood banks in need of blood donations.. go to your red cross and donate.. help save a life while taking care of your issue

i do quarterly donations for that reason alone.. and feel good about myself in the process..

well... ok ill bite..

i was a medic for years.. and yes, i know how to do it..

no, i will not tell you how to do it.. no, you shouldn't try it yourself.. there are some things that can go wrong.. have a professional do it

there are blood banks in need of blood donations.. go to your red cross and donate.. help save a life while taking care of your issue

i do quarterly donations for that reason alone.. and feel good about myself in the process..

What are the rules and restrictions for donating at the red cross?

she's a nurse but doesnt know how?

like 3J said....really get it done properly. too much can go wrong. you could end up taking out more than you care to give...

What are the rules and restrictions for donating at the red cross?

iron levels have to be good.. your blood pressure cant be sky high.. and your hematocrit cannot be too high..

you dont need to tell them you are on trt..

and obviously you need to tell them about any infectious diseases you may have... that may stop you if you have it..

They will also likely ask you if you have ever injected anything (including steroids) not prescribed by your doctor.

Let your conscience be your guide...

Well it was the blood pressure that caused this. I doubled my dose of BP meds and couldn't keep it down. I was a little worried about donating with elevated hormones. I don't have any infectious diseases but I was a bit worried about the hormone levels.

Quick question. Do you need to fast before blood donation? I finally found somewhere that has regular blood donation appts. at various locations in my area. Going to start donating soon to keep Hematocrit in check.

no.. i dont fast.. you dont need to unless specifically told otherwise by your center..

and i do whole blood donations..

Quick question. Do you need to fast before blood donation? I finally found somewhere that has regular blood donation appts. at various locations in my area. Going to start donating soon to keep Hematocrit in check.

I think that's only when you are getting tested. My doc doesn't tell me to fast unless it's a blood sugar test.

I guess the consensus is that steroid users donating blood isn't going to cause issues?

The housewoman is telling me that we should just go donate. If it could help someone else out I guess it's worth it. I just assumed I shouldn't, but maybe I shouldn't have.

donating on an empty stomach is not recommended. you can get lightheaded and possibly faint. they recommend eating or drinking something with sugar before, and after you donate.

so are you just on test?? are you taking any other compounds?

I've just been taking test and deca. Fairly low dose by most standards. 200/200 until a couple of weeks ago when I upped the test to 450. I guess that's what caused this. I've had high BP since I was a kid, but its really gotten out of control lately.

whats your current bp??? im asking because i have different solutions for it

im not advisng you do it OP but if you do have someone in the room with you. Shit happens and an able body can help you if you pass out with a pin in your vein. just saying..

Back