Are my supplements causing bad breath or body odor? - HELP!

Trevdog

Folks I have a real problem that I need help with.

I recently met a wonderful woman. I could extol her virtues all day, but in a nutshell she is smokin hot, charming, smart, witty, sweet, hip, and financially independent. I had been trying to get a date with her for months but she was coming off a long term relationship. Anyway, my persistence finally paid off. I've seen her about 7 times in the last 3 weeks.

Here's the problem. Although she has been very tender and there has been a lot of touching, she has been very reluctant to kiss me on the lips. One night she said she didn't want to kiss because she had eaten onions and was a stickler for having fresh breath. I produced a new toothbrush for her and we both brushed our teeth but then she still balked. My undertstanding was that this had something to do with her recent breakup and just figured I'd have to be patient. She kinda half jokingly said that we would probably end up having sex before she would kiss me on the lips and in fact it almost turned out that way. We have kissed but with the exception of one night, it has been little pecks.

Last night she finally told me that she has a very sensitive sense of smell (so sensitive that she could smell both a glass of red wine and a glass of white wine, and distinguish the two, although both were about 3 feet away). She told me that every time she gets close to me, she smells something bad. I couldn't get too many specifics, except maybe it's kind of an "herb" smell. She thinks it comes from something I take (I take a LOT of vitamins and supplements). It seems she's not sure if it is my breath or coming from my skin but I think its my breath because she joked that she could just give me blowjobs or have sex doggie style but we really wouldn't be kissing unless it goes away.

Although I've never had a better blowjob, the bottom line is I have to do something about this or I will lose her.

I told her truthfully that there is no vitamin or supplement that is more important than she is and being able to kiss her is. I plan to drop everything for the time being and hope I can figure this out or somehow remedy the situation.

My first thought was it might be fish oil caps (if I belch after taking them it is kinda nasty) or maybe the antibiotics I am taking have killed off the "good" bacteria in my stomach.

For the last 9 months or so that I've been single, I've put a lot of effort into finding a new steady girl, and I've dated and kissed about 40 girls in that time. I've met almost all of these girls online, no bar hookup / one night stands. Nobody else has shied away from kissing me and it hasn't been an issue in past relationships either.

I'm going to list everything I'm taking below and ask for help as to 1) what may be causing this problem; and/or 2) what I can do beyond the usual hygene / brush teeth / mouthwash / cologne / deodorant. This is kinda embarrassing but I'm very serious.

Daily Supplements / medications:

Doxycycyline (antibiotic for inflamed eyelids) 1-2 100 mg. tabs daily with meals

Kirkland Fish Oil (3) 1 gram capsules - with morning shake, lunch, and dinner

Puritan’s Pride Saw Palmetto Natural Whole Herb (2) 450 mg. caps with breakfast and dinner

Puritan’s Pride (3) tabs daily Glucosomine 1500, Chondroitin 1200 & MSM 500

GNC DHEA Time release 25 mgs. 1 tab with breakfast

Puritan’s Pride Complete One Multivitamin with breakfast

CYSTEINE, N-ACETYL- (NAC) (2) 175 mgs. BAC powder with breakfast and dinner

TMG, TriMethylGlycine, aka betaine base (2) 350 mgs. BAC powder with breakfast and dinner

Puritan’s Pride Time release Ester C 1000 mgs. with calcium and citrus bioflavonoids 1 tab with breakfast

Puritan’s Pride Vitamin C 1000 mgs. with rose hips 1 tab with lunch

Scott’s Finest Green tea extract (3) 500 mg. capsules - with or before meals

Puritan’s Pride Vitamin E (1) 400 iu capsule - with dinner

Puritan’s Pride Selenium 200 mg. with dinner

Puritan’s Pride Co-Q 10 (2) 50 mg. capsules - with morning shake and dinner

Piracetam (3) 1000 mg. caps - with meals

Acetyl L-Carnitine (Alcar) (3) 1000 mg. caps - with or before meals

Bulk Nutrition GHV (2) tabs with breakfast and lunch - Ginko, Huperzine, vipocetine

Hemp seed oil 1-2 tablespoons in a shake

Before bed:

Puritan’s Pride Magnesium 500 mgs.

Puritan’s Pride St. John’s Wort caps (3) 400 mgs.

Puritan’s Pride Zinc 50 mgs.

Melatonin 1.5 mgs.

BAC POLYCOSANOL @20mg/day, phytosterol base

Just started, AFTER I met her:
USP Labs Camphibolic containing Cissus Quadrangularis, Forskolin, Grean Team and Bacopa Monnieri

I doubt that it matters, but I am also on moderate doses of injectable test, eq, and masteron and oral anavar.

Trevdog said:
Last night she finally told me that she has a very sensitive sense of smell (so sensitive that she could smell both a glass of red wine and a glass of white wine, and distinguish the two, although both were about 3 feet away).

Don't really know how to help, but damn, your new girlfriend could be on Ripley's for having a talent like that.

Wow that is an interesting dilemma. My girl has told me I have a specific "smell" that she can only describe as "spicy"?? Though - shes says its very faint and she likes it anyways. With me, it comes from my skin and natural oils that secrete during the day - it may or may not be from the suppliments we take. Id tend to think you have a very unique situation on your hands and I have to say - there needs to be a little give and take here. Try some deoderizing body washes and pay close attention to the upper shoulders and neck. You might have scent - dont we all... but not everyone can discern it @ 3ppm know what Im saying?

I've gotten herbal burps but I take tons of saw palmetto and things of that kind. DNP made my sweat smell pretty strong, but obviously thats a seperate issue...

I knew one person who had cronic halitosis for sure, you could smell him from about a dozen feet away, he obviously had some kind of internal infection or some serious misbalance of sorts in his digestive system. He had amazingly bad breath, I dont know how he had any kind of relationships in his life it was that bad. I also dont know if he ever saw a doctor about it, I would imagine someone would bring it up to him at some point in his life.

If it doesn't clear up in 2 days of no supplement use, then I'd vote to ask a doctor about it.

Two things that catch my eye are fish oil and protein. My breath is wicked after taking protein and my GF has let me know.

GUm, gum and more gum.

MY GF has never really been into making out. We don't kis much. It's just not her thing.

Not sure if you remember that product "breath asure" a few years back. I haven't seen it recently but boy did that thing work.

I have no ide awhat was in it but I used to take them with my lunch at school and the rest of the day I had nice fresh tasting breath all day.

For some reason I haven't seen it around for the last few years..

Wasn't very expensive either..

DougoeFre5h said:
Wow that is an interesting dilemma. My girl has told me I have a specific "smell" that she can only describe as "spicy"?? Though - shes says its very faint and she likes it anyways. With me, it comes from my skin and natural oils that secrete during the day - it may or may not be from the suppliments we take. Id tend to think you have a very unique situation on your hands and I have to say - there needs to be a little give and take here. Try some deoderizing body washes and pay close attention to the upper shoulders and neck. You might have scent - dont we all... but not everyone can discern it @ 3ppm know what Im saying?

you giving me a woody talking like that dougo

My immediate guess would be that it would be the fish oil that would be the culprit, but I would think that if it was the smell it produces would be rather distinctive and you'd know what it was right away.

Can you precise if it's your breath's smell or it's the sweat like smell?

One thing is for sure (apart from everyones unique smell), it's from what you eat!

high-protein diets can lead to some odors, that usually someone with a good nose will notice! I mean, notice the smell of your shirt after workout session, probably that's not the stinky odor from an unclean guy but a somewhat strange smell. That is due to some amonnia excreted in sweat due to decomposition of some amino-acids ...
It may not mean that you need more carbs, but more protein means more probability to have that amonnia smell.
also it alters a bit the breath smell!
this may be bad news for you because you need an high protein ingestion due to muscle building!
Some hunters avoid eating certain high protein foods like red meet prior to hunting, because they avoid scents that animals can notice at some distance!

I just can´t said this is your causa for sure because too many variables, it's true that it can be one single supplement you eat (and you take a bunch load of them)!
Try to avoid them in a week, then in a nother week lower your ratio of protein (this is the harder step...) and ask the girls opinion about any change of your smell...

well, but just remember if the girl really likes you, isn't the smell that will stop your relationship!

Thanks for the replies. After talking with her further, she seems pretty confident it isn't my breath, but my skin. She described the smell as "herby". Anyway, I am dropping almost all supps for a week and we'll see...

just make sure your armpit hair is short...if you sweat it lingers in the hair and makes it smell bad so cut that shit with scissors...and when you take a shower turn the water so its not facing you and soap up and leave conditioner in your hair for like 3 minutes just leave the soap on...my girlfriend hates my burps...they smell worse that anything...i cant help it and im not about to stop any supplements im on....oh yea get a tongue scraper, if your scrape your tongue in the morning and night then your breath shouldnt be too much of an issue.

to be honest...if this girl wont kiss you at all just because of this, than maybe shes not the one.

I got the tongue scraper.

Actually, she has kissed me, but we only really did a lot of frenching one night, the rest has been little pecks. We've done a lot of touching, we've had sex, she's gone down on me, I've come in her twice and I can't even begin to describe how erotic it is when she comes. We like each other, but I don't think either of us is ever going to be happy unless she wants to kiss me - a lot.

maybe shes not that into making out...hell im not...i kiss my girlfriend on the mouth alot, but i dont french that often.

She and I are both totally into making out, that's the problem. Sex without real kissing is impersonal, and I want this to be very personal. I am very confident she is being honest about this.

Back