Aromasin Users

I can't speak personally but I heard is was the Schnitzzzz ;)

Ask MVMAXX (Mod) about this stuff....he LOVES it!

After reading some comparisons between aromasin and adex and femara...aromasin blows them away...almost complete estrogen suppression

It is very good. For one its a suicidal aromatose inhibitor, meaning it actions are permanent. So far, stuides have showed a higher suppression than ARi or Fem on a mole to mole comparison. It supposed to be easier on the cholesterol, but someone said otherwise I think. Its still kinda new though. IMO and from my own bloodwork, I agree, but its really hard to compare on that level.

As far as price, I usually see it for $3.50 a tab. Ari I see for $2 a tab.

Now heres the thing, and this is my own opinion really. 2mgAri=25mgAromasin...so you actually save some if you think about it.

The effects of Aromasin are also still pronounced once the drug is removed. One could possibly run EOD with little decrease in overall effectivity. This is also just my opinion though.

Billy_Bathgate said:
It is very good. For one its a suicidal aromatose inhibitor, meaning it actions are permanent. So far, stuides have showed a higher suppression than ARi or Fem on a mole to mole comparison. It supposed to be easier on the cholesterol, but someone said otherwise I think. Its still kinda new though. IMO and from my own bloodwork, I agree, but its really hard to compare on that level.

As far as price, I usually see it for $3.50 a tab. Ari I see for $2 a tab.

Now heres the thing, and this is my own opinion really. 2mgAri=25mgAromasin...so you actually save some if you think about it.

The effects of Aromasin are also still pronounced once the drug is removed. One could possibly run EOD with little decrease in overall effectivity. This is also just my opinion though.

Billy........I think Aromasin is a better deal d/t its potency. You could actually get away with using 1 tab E3D which would save you some cash in the long run.

And, you are correct, Aromasin's second best characteristic is its lack of effect on the cholesterol profile.

The thread by zyg in the Anabolic and Bodybuilding Articles section of this forum says 24 hours and this study says 27:

An overview of the pharmacology and pharmacokinetics of the newer generation aromatase inhibitors anastrozole, letrozole, and exemestane.

Buzdar AU, Robertson JF, Eiermann W, Nabholtz JM.

Last edited:
Post the whole study please. I need to see the data and materials. I would love to read the full study besides the headline. So go ahead and post it for me. You mentioned it says 27, so you must have access to it in order to read that.

Its not even about the half life that I was talking about. Its actions once the drug is completely removed STILL keep working. It is a suicidal inhibitor, meaining if you take the drug out, whats done is done there is no reversing it.

Ill show a study for it even...

Clin Breast Cancer 2000 Sep;1 Suppl 1:S68-73

Comparison of in vitro exemestane activity versus other antiaromatase agents.

Soudon J.

Anastrozole, letrozole, and exemestane are the most selective and potent oral antiaromatase agents currently available. However, in vitro and in vivo studies comparing these agents are lacking. Anastrozole and letrozole are reversible, competitive nonsteroidal type II inhibitors, whereas exemestane is an irreversible steroidal type I inactivator . The study was conducted to determine the impact of this characteristic on in vitro residual aromatase activity and protein levels after incubation of JEG-3 cells with aminoglutethimide (a type II inhibitor), anastrozole, exemestane, or letrozole. Aromatase activity was measured after various incubation times with each antiaromatase agent at a concentration 10 times higher than IC50 (concentration giving 50% inhibition). Only exemestane induced a residual inhibition of aromatase activity after its removal, without any change in the aromatase protein level . Aromatase activity increased after preincubation of JEG-3 cells with either aminoglutethimide or anastrozole without any change in the aromatase protein level . The aromatase protein level increased rapidly when cells were incubated with letrozole and aromatase activity inhibition disappeared immediately after removal of the drug. The breakthrough effects in aromatase activity or protein levels observed after treatment with reversible inhibitors may be a factor in therapeutic failure with these agents. These results suggest a possible advantage for exemestane because it is the only clinically available oral irreversible aromatase inactivator.

First off, you want the study? then stop being lazy and go find it urself...being a medical student it should be fairly easy for you to do and second all I posted was halflives - thats all...someone is a little testy, isnt he?

My point is your lieing. If you read it like you claim and it says 27, then why not post it and show us.

You cant. Cause you never read it.

Just post it the full study. Prove me wrong and gloat about it! Make me look like Im wrong for saying you dont know what your talking about and accusing you of lieing!

POST IT COME ON! WE ARE ALL WAITING!

Ok, Ive done found it, Ill give you a little bit of the first half just so that R2E cant say shit about me not finding it or it not being on the web or whatever... ( I stopped right up to the METHODS section)

An overview of the pharmacology and pharmacokinetics of the newer generation aromatase inhibitors anastrozole, letrozole, and exemestane.

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

BACKGROUND: The newer generation, nonsteroidal aromatase inhibitors (AIs) anastrozole and letrozole have shown superior efficacy compared with tamoxifen as first-line treatments and compared with megestrol acetate as second-line therapy in postmenopausal women with advanced breast carcinoma. In an open-label, Phase II trial, it was reported that exemestane showed numerical superiority compared with tamoxifen for objective response and clinical benefit. Because these agents ultimately may be administered for periods of up to 5 years in the adjuvant setting, it is of increasing importance to assess their tolerability and pharmacologic profiles.

The xxx's are addition info on date of publication and etc. Im not giving him extra clues, hes already read it so Im sure he can post it.

LOL u really are a moron - especially when an article is posted ON THIS SITE that says the half life is about 24 hours...but here u go...

Department of Breast Medical Oncology, The University of Texas M. D. Anderson Cancer Center, Houston 77030, USA. abuzdar@mdanderson.org

BACKGROUND: The newer generation, nonsteroidal aromatase inhibitors (AIs) anastrozole and letrozole have shown superior efficacy compared with tamoxifen as first-line treatments and compared with megestrol acetate as second-line therapy in postmenopausal women with advanced breast carcinoma. In an open-label, Phase II trial, it was reported that exemestane showed numerical superiority compared with tamoxifen for objective response and clinical benefit. Because these agents ultimately may be administered for periods of up to 5 years in the adjuvant setting, it is of increasing importance to assess their tolerability and pharmacologic profiles. METHODS: In the absence of data from direct clinical comparisons, the published literature was reviewed for the clinical pharmacology, pharmacokinetic characteristics, and selectivity profiles of anastrozole, letrozole, and exemestane. RESULTS: At clinically administered doses, the plasma half-lives of anastrozole (1 mg once daily), letrozole (2.5 mg once daily), and exemestane (25 mg once daily) were 41-48 hours, 2-4 days, and 27 hours, respectively. The time to steady-state plasma levels was 7 days for both anastrozole and exemestane and 60 days for letrozole. Androgenic side effects have been reported only with exemestane. Anastrozole treatment had no impact on plasma lipid levels, whereas both letrozole and exemestane had an unfavorable effect on plasma lipid levels. In indirect comparisons, anastrozole showed the highest degree of selectivity compared with letrozole and exemestane in terms of a lack of effect on adrenosteroidogenesis. CONCLUSIONS: All three AIs demonstrated clinical efficacy over preexisting treatments. However, there were differences in terms of pharmacokinetics and effects on lipid levels and adrenosteroidogenesis. The long-term clinical significance of these differences remains to be elucidated. Copyright 2002 American Cancer Society.

Very impressive, you finally posted one! WOW I am speachless.

Like I said, I now appologize for calling you a liar.

Thats all you had to do.

When did I say its not 27? I never said that anywhere. BTW, read your study closer next time. It claims 24.

LOL u really are a moron - especially when an article is posted ON THIS SITE that says the half life is about 24 hours...but here u go...

Seriously, since Im a moron go ahead and show us all where I stated that it wasnt 24 or 27hrs.

Billy_Bathgate said:
Very impressive, you finally posted one! WOW I am speachless.

Like I said, I now appologize for calling you a liar.

Thats all you had to do.

When did I say its not 27? I never said that anywhere. BTW, read your study closer next time. It claims 24.
LOL u definitely are a moron...I ME was the one who stated that an article written by zig on this site said about 24 hours AND I ME was the one who said that the study said that aromasin's half life was 27 hours....heres where i said it, "The thread by zyg in the Anabolic and Bodybuilding Articles section of this forum says 24 hours and this study says 27:

Buzdar AU, Robertson JF, Eiermann W, Nabholtz JM."

Like I said...you are a moron and you just showed everyone...

Uh ok. ya..

So why say this then

"LOL u really are a moron - especially when an article is posted ON THIS SITE that says the half life is about 24 hours...but here u go..."

You state it as I am a moron because it states 24?????

Back