Barry Bonds denies steroid use today!

iron said:
he didnt deny use when he was just in court. nobdy knows what he will say because it wen before a grand jury. the only things he commented on was that it went "fine" and he was "relieved" that it was over. he might of admitted in that couthouse, but we cant know.

According to CNN last night, he denied steroid use in court on Thursday, Dec 4, 2003.:D

fact is this, I have taken AS before. But in no way does it permit me to do my job way better to the point that I make 20million a year from a couple cycles as it does some players. I think its crap, like someone said," AS makes an average guy a superstar, and AS makes a superstar a god!" No doubt Bonds is good, but batting .370 and bashine 70HRs good at age 40. Time to put an astris next to the records. But look what Ruth did before synthetic test was made, and he did it getting drunk, smoking cigars and banging broads. Now thats a man.

all I can say is ........Dont hate the playa, hate tha game.....so many Anabolic Androgenic Steroids (AAS) user sendin out some hateful vibes...was gwanin there ,,,,has this board thought u nothing

funny, Bonds will get out of this no doubt

"oh I did not know they were putting usper juice in my shakes?"

yeah right......

lol

Powerhouse9 said:
fact is this, I have taken AS before. But in no way does it permit me to do my job way better to the point that I make 20million a year from a couple cycles as it does some players. I think its crap, like someone said," AS makes an average guy a superstar, and AS makes a superstar a god!" No doubt Bonds is good, but batting .370 and bashine 70HRs good at age 40. Time to put an astris next to the records. But look what Ruth did before synthetic test was made, and he did it getting drunk, smoking cigars and banging broads. Now thats a man.
Most of us are average guys, I don't think any of us could be superstars in the MLB or we would be. The Babe was a good hitter no doubt, but putting an * beside a record is uncalled for. Because you can turn it around and say the Babe isn't facing the pitching that the guys today are. The sport was different back in the Babes day, he wasn't the only one partying, I'm sure some pitchers were too, just like some of the pitchers today are probably juicing.

The sport progresses and so do the players, back then it was partying today it's jucing. What can you do but enjoy the sport, like they say records are made to be broken.

JohnnyB

Powerhouse9 said:
Instead of a piss test why don't they issue a lie detector test as well?

are you kidding bro? i hope youre kidding. dont you know the polygraph is a bullshit test? it is designed to make an honest person look like a liar. anyways, the polygraph is easy to beat if you know what to do.

JohnnyB, then again the ball parks back then had 440ft straight aways and crap. Now they are homer friendly and architecturally made for wind currents to carry the ball. You are right it was a different era. But then again you can compare the league leaders in ERA from 1930 to now. And I bet its a full run or more higher.

Kube of course its easy to beat, thing is all ya need is beta blockers to keep your heart rate at a constant. Doc bro of mine told me this trick. Reason I say it is because the chinese water torture device is out dated.

DUANABOL said:
According to CNN last night, he denied steroid use in court on Thursday, Dec 4, 2003.:D

apparantly reporters were able to hear his 'secret' grand jury testimony tru the door. he said that sometimes he didn't know what was in the supplements he was taking from Balco :rolleyes: .

i guess alot of guys put on 50 lbs of muscle natural (literally) from age 28 to 38.

if mantle or ruth were juicing, they'd still be looking for some of the balls.

p.s. chances are, Maris was juicing during his 61 homer season too, so it's fitting that his record was broken by other juicers. I was reading a Yankee history book, and they talked about how he suddenly started losing lots of hair by the end of that season because of the "stress" :D ;) . also, he was a so-so palyer b4 that year and after that year. strange yes?

Who cares if he is a fucking liar? What is supposed to do go on public television and say "Yes I took steroids and that is why I am able to hit 72 homeruns in a single season at the age of 40"

Bullshit, steroids are illegal without a prescription you guys act like he should own up to what he did. We all know that he did use gear but that still doesnt mean that he should admit it. How many of you guys on this board would openly admit to using steroids?

Champ

I can't stand Barry Bonds, but I will admit that he is probably the best hitter in baseball today and high up there in history. Could he have hit 70+ homeruns 10 years ago when he was emerging in the major leagues? Probably not, but he still could have hit 40-50. Did he juice...yeah, most likely. He will deny it to his grave, but it's not like he made subtle jumps in size, the man is a freak of nature. He went from weighing around 175-180lbs to 225-235lbs, just take a look at his rookie card and his cards from 2 years ago. Sure that was in around 10 years, and genetics might have kicked in, but he was signed out of college which tells you that genetics should have already started to show his build. He was nothing more than a skinny kid with boatloads of talent and a big baseball name. Man, I can't stand him but damn he can hit!

geoboy said:
apparantly reporters were able to hear his 'secret' grand jury testimony tru the door. he said that sometimes he didn't know what was in the supplements he was taking from Balco :rolleyes: .

i guess alot of guys put on 50 lbs of muscle natural (literally) from age 28 to 38.

if mantle or ruth were juicing, they'd still be looking for some of the balls.

p.s. chances are, Maris was juicing during his 61 homer season too, so it's fitting that his record was broken by other juicers. I was reading a Yankee history book, and they talked about how he suddenly started losing lots of hair by the end of that season because of the "stress" :D ;) . also, he was a so-so palyer b4 that year and after that year. strange yes?

Check out the movie "61". It explains the whole season and is a great movie. He was definietly above average b/c he won the MVP award the year before his 61 hr year over Mantle.

All you guys saying he is a liar... you're funny. Do you admit to anyone who asks that you use? What about your parents\wife\family? Do you tell them? How bout right now you find the nearest cop and tell them you love taking steroids. Whats wrong, you wont do it? Thats what i thought, and you guys dont even have millions of dollars to lose, and have to face ridicule from the whole country.

DUANABOL said:

He may have denied using steroids outside of the courtroom, but we will probably never know what he said under oath inside. It was a closed courtroom, and the transcript is not available to the public (and that includes CNN).

Like I said who fucking cares. He is doing the right thing by denying it. Look around guys all posts that concern a controlled delivery and getting busted basically says to deny everything and dont say a word until a lawyer is appointed to you. So if this is what you preach and live by why is it no OK for Barry to deny it too? You gotta think that he has alot more to lose than the vast majority of us on this board, myself included.

I just dont see how you can complain about a guy not admiting to taking gear when you do it too, not to mention the fact that if he does admit takting gear the rest of America will bag on him too so WHAT THE FUCK IS HE SUPPOSED TO DO? I can tell you this that his job is not to win over the US population, he is paid to help his team win ball games and that is it. If you want to start pointing the finger to steroids why does everyone here refuse to admit that Barry Bonds HAS A SMALLER STRIKE ZONE THAN ANY OTHER HITTER IN THE MAJOR LEAGUES. This is what helps to make him a better hitter, not hte juice he uses. Dont believe me, tell me when the last time that Barry Bonds has been rung up on a boarder line third strike??? That is what I though, it is alot easier to hit when you know for a fact that no umpire in the league will ring you up when it is a close call.

Just my opinion

Champ

Champ said:
Like I said who fucking cares. He is doing the right thing by denying it. Look around guys all posts that concern a controlled delivery and getting busted basically says to deny everything and dont say a word until a lawyer is appointed to you. So if this is what you preach and live by why is it no OK for Barry to deny it too? You gotta think that he has alot more to lose than the vast majority of us on this board, myself included.

I just dont see how you can complain about a guy not admiting to taking gear when you do it too, not to mention the fact that if he does admit takting gear the rest of America will bag on him too so WHAT THE FUCK IS HE SUPPOSED TO DO? I can tell you this that his job is not to win over the US population, he is paid to help his team win ball games and that is it. If you want to start pointing the finger to steroids why does everyone here refuse to admit that Barry Bonds HAS A SMALLER STRIKE ZONE THAN ANY OTHER HITTER IN THE MAJOR LEAGUES. This is what helps to make him a better hitter, not hte juice he uses. Dont believe me, tell me when the last time that Barry Bonds has been rung up on a boarder line third strike??? That is what I though, it is alot easier to hit when you know for a fact that no umpire in the league will ring you up when it is a close call.

Just my opinion

Champ

well said Champ.:D

Back