BBQ tips/recipes/etc.

Remember Fellas

vegetables Are What Food Eats.

i love my moto lol.

beef brisket
smother the brisket in mustard for 1-2 days in the fridge. remove brisket and wipe excess mustard off and cover with dry rub for a fedw hours while the brisket warms closer to room temp. place on the smoker until ALMOST done [briskets can take 1/2 a day depending o the size so use the thermometer] remove the brisket and wrap in foil and place it is the oven at 225 to finish cooking , covering the brisket with a marinade while it is in the foil will help flavor and moistuureize the meat .

tips
DONT cut all the excess fat off the brisket before smoking , place the fat [called a cap] up so that the fat drains down on the meat while cooking , this keeps basting/moistureizing the lean meat.
injecting the meat with marinade while its soaked with mustard in the fridge can add flavor/moisture to the cut.
dont cut the brisket for about 30 minutes after removeing it from the oven , the cooloing process makes the meat soak up some of the juices that have come out into the aluminum foil .

:splat:Baked Tilapia With Garlic Lime And Cilantro

½ cup lime juice
1 to 2 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
2 to 3 garlic cloves, peeled and minced
1 to 2 fresh jalapeno peppers, chopped, seeds removed, if desired
1 tablespoon finely snipped fresh cilantro leaves or 1 teaspoon dried cilantro
1 to 2 tsp. grated fresh lime peel (optional)
1 teaspoon honey (optional)
Salt and cayenne pepper to taste
1½ to 2 pounds tilapia fillets or other mild white fish fillets
1 to 2 chopped firm ripe tomatoes (optional)
Paprika and thin lime slices for garnish (optional)

Directions:
In a deep medium glass or ceramic bowl, combine all ingredients except fish fillets tomatoes and garnish, blending well.
Arrange fish fillets in the marinade, coating each piece well.
Cover with plastic wrap and refrigerate for about 1 hour, turning fish fillets occasionally. Drain off marinade, reserving marinade for basting fish.
Arrange fish fillets in a baking dish.
Baste fillets liberally with marinade.
Top with tomatoes if using.
Bake, loosely covered with aluminum foil, in a preheated moderate oven (350'F.) for 20 to 25 minutes or until fillets are opaque in color and flake easily with a fork, basting occasionally with marinade.
Garnish with a sprinkle and thin slices of lime if desired.

I like the italian dressing overnight too..Sometimes I use the 4 seasons powder mix to control all the ingredients myself:
one pack of 4 seasons italian dressing
1/3 (or so) cup of oil
1/2 (or so) cup of cider vinegar (btw cider vinegar has 0 carbs, while white vinegar tastes sweeter and less sour but has 5 carbs)
1/2 cup (or so) water.
*ziploc with meat overnight and grill for best flavor

I guess the only problem with this recipe is the salt content of the seasonings...

BBQ Cheeseburgers

I made this today...

Ingredients:

1/2 onion, diced
1 lb lean hamburger
4-5 crushed Ritz crackers (or saltines)
Your favorite BBQ sauce (about 5 tbs)
2 egg whites

Mix it all together in bowl, make up patties, grill the bastards, melt on some cheese, garnish, voila.

I made this today...

Ingredients:

1/2 onion, diced
1 lb lean hamburger
4-5 crushed Ritz crackers (or saltines)
Your favorite BBQ sauce (about 5 tbs)
2 egg whites

Mix it all together in bowl, make up patties, grill the bastards, melt on some cheese, garnish, voila.

never put eggs in a burger before , i might have to try that.

Last edited:
BBQ tips/recipes/etc. Reload this Page Reply to Thread

Thanks for sharing this, this forum is very helpful. Keep coming up with such post in future also.
Hi Everybody!

Omg

chicken marinated in a ziploc bag covered in zesty italian dressing overnight .
pork marinated in a ziploc bag overnight in apple juice with some brown sugar mixed in .
use turbinaro sugar when cooking at high heat instead of brown sugar because brown burns at a lower temp .
brisket covered liberally with a dry rub and smothered with mustard over night and then slow cooked over a indirect fire in the grill [ or 225 degrees in the oven if you dont have a grill ] , cook to about 175-180 degrees internal then wrap in foil and let cool for about 30 min .

ribs i like my ribs cooked in dry rub for 3-3.5 hours at 225-275 over coals and then place the ribs on aluminum foil /sprayed with apple juice and smothered in butter wrapped up tight . cook the ribs in foil for another hour then remove the ribs and put a light coat of sauce on them and place back on the rack for 30 min to 1 hour , which is just long enough to carmelize the sauce and not burn it .

I am drooling on my keyboard.

Ginger glazed chicken

4-6 BL/SL Chicken breast
1/2 cup chicken broth
1/2 Brown sugar
1/4 Honey
1/4 Dijon Mustard
1 tbls ginger
Salt/Pepper

Season chicken w/ salt/pepper and grill, broil or pan sear. Combine Broth, Bwn Sgr, Honey, Must, and Ginger in small sauce pan, heat over med heat for about 5 mins then turn to low. When chicken is done pour glaze over chicken and serve.

This was on a box of wild rice I bought. Tried it last night and it's pretty good. Cooked in about 15 mins.

alright, so I'm a chef and resident grill master. We live on the beach and we grill 3x a week... 365. I have many, many recipes... if you post what you want, I'll post my recipe. As for ribs, shoulders and smoked meats... 12 hour minimum cook time fellas.

... blackened flank steak, stuffed with applewood smoked bacon wrapped Conecuh sausage. Total weight 6lb's.

post em up bro . im all about some good eating:dance2:

next time your smoking some ribs or chicken throw some thick cut deli bologna in there away from the fire but in the smoke . when its done make sandwiches with that at lunch while the ribs or chicken is still cooking for supper.

omg, just saw a recipe for a "white barbecue sauce" on hulu...It was a paula deen getting a secret recipe from some pigapalooza down south...looked really good & was mayo based...I don't remember sugar being added so it might be a great lower carb option to sugary condiments.

My general diet throughout the day. I substitute different meats, starches, etc.

First meal, 7 am: 8 oz. oatmeal 1 glass milk, 1 orange juice, 3 oz. grapes

Second meal, 10.30 am: whole wheat turkey sandwich, 1 bag of chips, 1 cup
milk, 1 banana

Third meal, 2.00 pm: 8 oz. brown rice, 10 oz. turkey, 5 oz. vegetables, 6 oz pasta.

Fourth meal, 5.30 pm: 5 whole eggs, 16 Oz. baked potatoes, Mixed salad

Fifth meal, 9,00 pm: 7 oz. cottage cheese, peanut butter and jelly, apple, 1 glass milk

ATOMIC BUFFALO TURDS

cut the tops off of some fairly large jalapenos and core out the seeds / insides . wrap the outside with a slice of bacon and pin it with a toothpick.

heres the kicker , you experiment with the what you fill the jalapeno insides with / stuffing . some use cheese , some sausage , hamburger meat , etc.

Killer BBQ Chicken

First you gotta cut you some gravy. This will look like this...

1 cup catsup
1/4 cup brown sugar
1/4 cup lemon juice
1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
2 teaspoons water
2 crushed garlic cloves
Hot sauce (hit it with the wild thang!)

Taste it to make sure that its HOT and you didnt fuck up. Stir it up and cover it with wax paper. Microwave on high for 3 minutes. Done

Get some chicken breasts. Dip the chicken in the shit and throw it on a meduim grill for 10 minutes. Make sure you baste it a couple times while turning cuz this is where that Ass-Like taste comes from. And I mean <<< <<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<< THAT ASS <<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<

I like to get whole wheat buns and make sandwiches out of the dam things. You should have some wood right now..... and not from that ass<<<<<<<<

Nice

Back