Best of times worst of times

I was sent to Iraq for 7 months and it sucked obviously. When i was there i made a gym out of concrete, it was pretty good too. I had some help from the sea bees. Anyway I worked out in the morning before i ate lifted heavy and religously, my gains were unreal and it was so hot there we all got shredded. Since ive been home i fell off a little bit i needed a break.My job here in the states is demanding and it's hard to workout in the morning because i start so early. Iv'e been working out for about 10 years off and on but never had results like i did overseas. I really think it was the morning workouts.

Last edited:
Sounds great man, you have my upmost respect for taking care of your country brotha
keep up the good work

It's good to hear you are back alive and well. It's too bad soldiers like you don't get much time off when coming home after having to live in Iraq. I give people a lot of credit for working out in the mornings. I have tried it and it is very difficult to keep the energy level up. It's not so bad if I'm doing cardio.

Thanks for all y'all do in the military.

That being said, I always seemed to get better results in my lifting when I had to work out in the mornings for cross country (yes, the coach made us lift weights for that.........then again, I was the one that pushed him to do it:D). I had better results in the 3 months of that season than I have in any time period before or after.

Yes sir i workout in the morning whenever i wake up eat like a protein bar and head to the gym every other morning doing full body work outs and it works better than anythang else for me.

I have never worked out in the mornings with weights. I always feel too weak & tired when I get up. Of course, working graveyard shift will do that to you! I usually end up working out in the gym at work right after I get off. Then I go to bed a couple hours later. I know, Im a goof! :D

Back