big traps!

paulmcgurk

i really want to get big upper traps, as they look f*cking great and make u look scary! I know shrugs are pretty good for this, are there any more exercises that will get them up in no time??

I wish i had that problem. Seems like I can't keep from using mine with any upper body work. genetics i guess, the whole family is like that.

Anyway, I like over head press alot for traps. works for me anyway.

deadlifts, dumbell shrugs, and over the head press movements work best for building my traps.

yea deadlifts work nicely, when you do shrugs dont use a ton of weight taht you cna barely get up I suggest using a weight that you can shrug up and hold for a few seconds then repeat. deadlifts I will say that work again to :) dont forget those also cleans to.

I do dumbell shrugs for 10 reps starting at the 60's and going all the way up to the heaviest weight possible. My traps grew alot..

THis is what I do, start off with barbell shurgs (heavy!!!) for about 6 reps each, and 1 min break for 3 sets, do the same for dumbell. Then do a "run the rack" with 10-10-10, with say the 85's-80's-75's. This made my traps HUGE!!

5-6 sets barbell shrugs, 15-20 reps GOOD contractions
2-3 sets of upright rows SLOWLY otherwise my delts bitch after about a month, 10-15 reps

I was doing shrugs @ 4-8 reps per set. Since I started going 12-15 reps per set I am seeing better improvements. Gotta have those straps!!!!

power shrugs --deads-- seated dumbell shrugs--behind the back shrugs all will do you well bro

Back