Bigger, strong, faster???

are you kidding ?

yeah, me and a shit load of NFL experts.

Who is your pick for top LB of all time?

By far and away the best LB in the NFL since I started watching football (1990) is Ray Lewis.

Best defensive talent I have ever seen is Troy Polamalu.

Last edited:
yeah, me and a shit load of NFL experts.

Who is your pick for top LB of all time?

By far and away the best LB in the NFL since I started watching football (1990) is Ray Lewis.

Best defensive talent I have ever seen is Troy Polamalu.

troy couldnt touch Ronnie Lott on his best day ...

Ray Lewis is a cheerleader...

troy couldnt touch Ronnie Lott on his best day .../QUOTE]

im not going to knock a hall of famer like ronnie, but i think it says a lot when a the #1 rated defense of ALL time turns to shit when Troy is out of the game. all you have to do is look back to last year to see this holds true.

and Ray Lewis is a first ballot lock for the hall of fame bro as is Troy

Last edited:
Im not a big football guy, but as to your topic, I think if the massive obease freak of nature look was what judges wanted back then which it WASNT then bodybuilders back then WOULD have been just as big.. Its like any trend, it goes in and out. Back then, a lean muscular body was king, now the freak with the most mass is king.

Im not a big football guy, but as to your topic, I think if the massive obease freak of nature look was what judges wanted back then which it WASNT then bodybuilders back then WOULD have been just as big.. Its like any trend, it goes in and out. Back then, a lean muscular body was king, now the freak with the most mass is king.

that trend took a very short turn when dexter jackson was deemed mr. o and then went back to the big freak look with cutler.

The lack of mention for Brian Urlacher is not cool. Ray Lewis is a bad ass no doubt but he didn't strike fear into people like Dick Butkus or Mike Singletary did back in the day.

Urlacher has to be brought into the conversation... but I must say the greatest LB of all-time has to be LT.

^^^butkus is probably the most feared, ray lewis is easily the best of this generation and top 3 or 4 ever

but

LT changed the way the position was played, was a nightmare for opposing teams (imagine gameplanning vs a lb as opposed to manning or brady, its fkd up).....he is one of the greatest talents ever at any position...its just a shame how his life has gotten out of control

Lt hands down is the best,Ray lewis is def in there watch the year he took the ravens to the super bowl dude was a monster all year.

Here's my take on football: the current crop are better athletes and have better gym stats, but they don't play the game as well as the old generation. They spend so much time on becoming bigger, faster, and stronger that they sacrifice time on technique and perfecting their craft. Hell, how many players actually know how to appropriately tackle these days?

Aaron Rodgers (2009 season) hands down. This man was the best defensive player I have ever seen. He took on defensive linemen, defensive backs, and linbebackers, you name it.

Back